The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SoCal Clones...2 Many?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 08:42 PM
shooker
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^
Yeah I haven't seen any up here either.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:44 PM
4-Banger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed, never saw one in NJ - haven't seen any 21" front wheels on a deluxe either, or 1.5" Carlinis...

97FXSTSB, awesome bike you have there, one of my favs

Old 12-12-2011, 10:22 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't seen any straight up SoCal style rides around here, yet...but of course mine isn't completed yet either! Apes appear to be the rage, along with some sweet bobbers. I seen a lady riding a few weeks ago that looked like she was standing up her apes were so high! LOL

As for what everyone else has, I for one am a fan of the SoCal style, if I choose to build mine, as others have said, it's mine and I could give a rats *** what anyone else thinks of it and could definitely careless if they like it.

I'm a little confused with some of the threads I've read on here and with some of the out right disrespectful comments I've read against peoples choices of mods or styles. I have been out of the community for over 2 decades but back then I don't think anyone would dare disrespect someones sense of style or lack of, but then again, the folks I rode with would of either have not given a chit or may have given the extreme opposite response.

But I guess to back then we didn't have people behind a keyboard who probably otherwise wouldn't have the cojones to disrespect someones bike. I've always been of the mindset and always thought that's what made Harley different is that you could do whatever you wanted in the way of style or lack of and no one really cared, because that's your choice and Freedom to do with it what you will. Maybe my mind is getting old, and my memory is failing me, but I sure don't remember anyone disrespecting someones sled regardless of style.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:37 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Im still yet to see another bike in Kansas City with Cholo fishtail pipes. I went to bikers,blues,&bbq in Arkansas last sept-oct. 750,000 +/- bikers there that week. No cholo pipes... But did spot 2 there bikes like mine there..... And i hung out on Dixon st. For several days... So that's a very very small ratio of cali style compared to other... Cali style is rare... Except for this site ....

Old 12-13-2011, 12:15 AM
mswing1234
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

See mostly hot-rod, old school, and leather/studs/tassle style Harleys where I ride in St. Louis. A LOT of baggers. I have not seen a single SoCal style bike around here although I do see the occasional 21" equipped bagger or a set of fishtails. Matter of fact, if you've seen the picture on the entry page to the HD Forum website of the yellow Harley with the 4 foot apes and 7 foot fishtails, I've run into him around here. Have no idea how or why but it's his. Back on topic, I've seen so many SoCals on this Forum and a few in Sturgis. Love the style (albeit familiar) and those aficionados are bound to share ideas or pick them up looking at other bikes. I doubt I'll ever build one but I do like them.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:52 AM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If no -one sees many around, it must be like someone said, A web thing, were all on here.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:11 AM
chap!
Road Master

So what we saying then? Title of this thread is crap! There's not enough! Good!

Bring them on! I can't see enough of them!

Old 12-13-2011, 04:29 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chap!
So what we saying then? Title of this thread is crap! There's not enough! Good!

Bring them on! I can't see enough of them!
It was an honest question...and I admit, stereotyped from the great white north based on web impressions. Great to know it's just a few and not SoCals swarming L.A. like locusts. I didn't mean to offend or **** people off. Glad we get the presence of the few here then and get to watch transformations first hand.

Cheers.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:33 AM
CB1
Tourer

Originally Posted by Josewales
It was an honest question...and I admit, stereotyped from the great white north based on web impressions. Great to know it's just a few and not SoCals swarming L.A. like locusts. I didn't mean to offend or **** people off. Glad we get the presence of the few here then and get to watch transformations first hand.

Cheers.
Nothing wrong with your question in my opinion. Kind of wondered the same myself. Actually kind of good to know that it is not this big fad out in cali where everyone is looking to build the same looking bike. I love the looks of the "So Cal" look with the spokes, cholos and apes. Great looking bikes.

When I had my Dyna and frequented the dyna sections on forums it seemed like everyone was trying to black out their bikes as much as possible. Always threads about blacked out this and blacked out that. Maybe it really wasn't that many people doing it, but it certainly seemed like a majority were. i was for sure a minority in that case. Probably the coolest thing I've seen in the softail sections is that you get so many different looks to them. Blacked out, chromed out, bad @ss paint, all with different styles and unique looks. Makes for great pictures to check out!

Old 12-13-2011, 11:14 AM
bpope
Advanced

I am in SW Missouri and I have definately not seen any around here...which is a little surprising because there are a lot of bikes around here. I have seen the occasional bagger with 21" but that's it. I am excited to start the transformation on my Deluxe this winter. Just got my smooth profile 21" to match the back.

Quick Reply: SoCal Clones...2 Many?