Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   "The Georgia Crew" (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-georgia-crew-158/)
-   -   Ride 10/20? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-georgia-crew/814381-ride-10-20-a.html)

Mr. Wizard 10-10-2012 06:54 AM

Have a TG coming in from Nashville that i'll be working on and tuning.

You guys have fun.

monkey sammich 10-10-2012 08:58 PM

Since I'm somewhat new to group rides with you folks, I'm taking suggestions as to destinations.

I'm considering Highlands, NC or Dillard, GA, or both, or I'm open to others. The Highlands road, for those who haven't done it, is a real treat for me. Highlands, then Murphy, then a trip back into GA is an option if you folks are up for it.

Michael HD Rider 10-10-2012 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by monkey sammich (Post 10430950)
Since I'm somewhat new to group rides with you folks, I'm taking suggestions as to destinations.

I'm considering Highlands, NC or Dillard, GA, or both, or I'm open to others. The Highlands road, for those who haven't done it, is a real treat for me. Highlands, then Murphy, then a trip back into GA is an option if you folks are up for it.

Well blueyz can't come to Highlands with us then. Every time she goes.....:icon_rain:. When we went last month, no rain in the forecast that day, but yeah, we got POURED on in Highlands.

monkey sammich 10-11-2012 01:24 AM

Well, we sure as hell don't wanna be cold AND wet.

If there's any other suggestions as to where to go, I'll certainly entertain them.

02Deuces 10-11-2012 08:40 AM

Monkey when I get up there, I'm down for this! I will have to miss this ride but soon, we will be neighbors again....We are riding over to The Outpost near Ebro (in FL) this weekend if your in FL and want to ride. =)

DHubbs 10-13-2012 11:57 PM

I was able to take Friday off Matt! Hopin for decent weather, dont be bringin none of that Fla. rain with ya! Let me know where to meet yuns at and when. Anybody else wanna ride up with me let me know & we will hook up. Lookin forward to this, need some saddle time!

NorthGeorgiaHawg 10-14-2012 06:19 PM

The Highlands??? YESSS!!!

Matt, NorthGeorgiaButterfly (my Ninja 650-riding wife) can only ride Saturday... but I will be available Wed, Thurs, and/or Fri this week to ride with ya.... just give me a call or PM me!

As far as the Saturday ride, Beav's right... the destination doesn't matter... the RIDE does!

Horseplay, ClassicBagger and I were talking this weekend (we were up around there on the Dragon and BRP all weekend)... and I think that the Highlands, and some other road they were talking about up there, would be awesome for the group!

And good tires are GOOD, Matt! I just got a new rear tire on the Honey Badger for the trip from which we just got back a couple of hours ago... BIG DIFFERENCE!

monkey sammich 10-14-2012 07:51 PM

My riding buddy and I are going up, to Parrotsville TN, probably on Thursday. That's our trip through Gatlinburg to the Apple Barn, too. :icon_naughty: We got no problem if somebody wants to go ride, but that's going to be a FULL days ride for most of you. IM me if you do want to ride and we'll get set to meet up for that one.

I have a couple of plans for Friday, and I'm still working on something for Saturday. I'll take my laptop or post from my cell phone if I don't have it planned out before we leave here Wednesday morning.

monkey sammich 10-14-2012 08:45 PM

I've got a ride planned for a group ride to Dillard, Highlands and then back to Franklin and through Blue Ridge. ~250 miles round trip from Ball Ground and looped back to Ball Ground. That's not too far for anybody, is it? Lunch in Dillard, at the Dillard House. I haven't been in years.

Edit: There's also a good barbecue restaurant on 28 in Highlands. I bet Beav is familiar... LOL

monkey sammich 10-15-2012 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by 02Deuces (Post 10432134)
Monkey when I get up there, I'm down for this! I will have to miss this ride but soon, we will be neighbors again....We are riding over to The Outpost near Ebro (in FL) this weekend if your in FL and want to ride. =)

Deuces, didn't mean to ignore you. We're riding up Wednesday and back on Sunday. Feel free to take off from packing up and come along. We've got room.