Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   "The Georgia Crew" (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-georgia-crew-158/)
-   -   Ride 10/20? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-georgia-crew/814381-ride-10-20-a.html)

monkey sammich 10-08-2012 05:30 PM

Ride 10/20?

Talked to Ken and Hubbs, and seems like they're both in.

A friend and I intend to be up for the week and riding the area. I'd love to see my GA peoples and meet some new ones!

I don't have any details yet, but I think I might be able to put a decent ride together if there's enough interest.

I can assure you, any ride I put together is going to have some "spirited" riding. :icon_dance-cpatch:

And Ken, my tires are just fine this time. :icon_verzsilly:

Beav 10-08-2012 06:14 PM

:icon_bike::icon_bike::icon_bike:

Here ya go guys...

If'n ya want to see some of the beauty of the north Georgia region, this man is your tour guide! Last time he was out... show'd me roads that I didn't know existed. Beautiful country, just outside our backyard!

Just be fore-warned. When this man tells ya it's an "all day" ride, that's what your in for!
Lordy... we got an early start last time he'z up, and it was purty near dark when I pulled back into the garage. (Wolfpen gap in dense fog / 20' visibility... cleared up after the assention.) You'll cover some country, that's FER SURE!

Seems that the Fender Bunny and I will be making our inaugural run to Biketoberfest that long weekend... just scored a studio condo in Ormond beach! :icon_dance-cpatch:

CORRECTION....
I'll make the run down, and pick up the Fender Bunny at the airport. (She's spoiled rotten!)

Won't be back until the following Monday evening.

Talk it up fellers... If'n ya want to ride, here's your opportunity!

The colors are beginning the poppin'!

:icon_lurk5:Beav

Michael HD Rider 10-08-2012 06:33 PM

I can't remember if I have something going on that Saturday, but if not, or if I can change it, I'll ride with ya.

monkey sammich 10-08-2012 06:42 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Beav.

If a group wants to go with me, I'll make sure we have less distance to cover and are able to stop more often. I know not everybody is comfortable with the "100 miles and stop" routine that I like.

And sorry about the long day, Beav. I often forget that you have an hour to ride just to get to me.

horseplay 10-08-2012 06:46 PM

I'm in.

Beav 10-08-2012 07:18 PM

AAAWWWEEE, COME ON NOW!

Ya don't scare me, (but the Fender Bunny, ya would) Bro!!! I'z just sayin'.... when ya say your gonna ride, I know what ya mean!

GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!!

NorthGeorgiaHawg 10-09-2012 06:55 PM

I WILL DEFINITELY BE THERE! Hopefully it will be DRY... but I'll come out for this regardless! Will be good to see you again, Matt.

Can't commit our resident CROTCH ROCKET rider yet... I will only know THAT MORNING whether she's going or not...

Show us some roads we ain't been on, Matt!

gump305 10-09-2012 10:34 PM

If you are riding around the Dahlonega area, STAY Clear. That is gold rush weekend and you will be stuck in traffic for hours. I am telling you for your own good, it really is that bad!

monkey sammich 10-10-2012 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by gump305 (Post 10427393)
If you are riding around the Dahlonega area, STAY Clear. That is gold rush weekend and you will be stuck in traffic for hours. I am telling you for your own good, it really is that bad!

Thanks for the heads-up. I had, in fact, planned to go that way. We'll have to figure something else out.

It's a lot easier to plan a ride in the nowhere for me and Beav than it is for a whole group.

Beav 10-10-2012 05:32 AM

Don't get all caught up with the destination...

It ain't about that anyway!

I'm sure you know that...

Just roll those wheels!

Y'all have plenty of fun, and ride safe!

Mr. Wizard 10-10-2012 06:54 AM

Have a TG coming in from Nashville that i'll be working on and tuning.

You guys have fun.

monkey sammich 10-10-2012 08:58 PM

Since I'm somewhat new to group rides with you folks, I'm taking suggestions as to destinations.

I'm considering Highlands, NC or Dillard, GA, or both, or I'm open to others. The Highlands road, for those who haven't done it, is a real treat for me. Highlands, then Murphy, then a trip back into GA is an option if you folks are up for it.

Michael HD Rider 10-10-2012 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by monkey sammich (Post 10430950)
Since I'm somewhat new to group rides with you folks, I'm taking suggestions as to destinations.

I'm considering Highlands, NC or Dillard, GA, or both, or I'm open to others. The Highlands road, for those who haven't done it, is a real treat for me. Highlands, then Murphy, then a trip back into GA is an option if you folks are up for it.

Well blueyz can't come to Highlands with us then. Every time she goes.....:icon_rain:. When we went last month, no rain in the forecast that day, but yeah, we got POURED on in Highlands.

monkey sammich 10-11-2012 01:24 AM

Well, we sure as hell don't wanna be cold AND wet.

If there's any other suggestions as to where to go, I'll certainly entertain them.

02Deuces 10-11-2012 08:40 AM

Monkey when I get up there, I'm down for this! I will have to miss this ride but soon, we will be neighbors again....We are riding over to The Outpost near Ebro (in FL) this weekend if your in FL and want to ride. =)

DHubbs 10-13-2012 11:57 PM

I was able to take Friday off Matt! Hopin for decent weather, dont be bringin none of that Fla. rain with ya! Let me know where to meet yuns at and when. Anybody else wanna ride up with me let me know & we will hook up. Lookin forward to this, need some saddle time!

NorthGeorgiaHawg 10-14-2012 06:19 PM

The Highlands??? YESSS!!!

Matt, NorthGeorgiaButterfly (my Ninja 650-riding wife) can only ride Saturday... but I will be available Wed, Thurs, and/or Fri this week to ride with ya.... just give me a call or PM me!

As far as the Saturday ride, Beav's right... the destination doesn't matter... the RIDE does!

Horseplay, ClassicBagger and I were talking this weekend (we were up around there on the Dragon and BRP all weekend)... and I think that the Highlands, and some other road they were talking about up there, would be awesome for the group!

And good tires are GOOD, Matt! I just got a new rear tire on the Honey Badger for the trip from which we just got back a couple of hours ago... BIG DIFFERENCE!

monkey sammich 10-14-2012 07:51 PM

My riding buddy and I are going up, to Parrotsville TN, probably on Thursday. That's our trip through Gatlinburg to the Apple Barn, too. :icon_naughty: We got no problem if somebody wants to go ride, but that's going to be a FULL days ride for most of you. IM me if you do want to ride and we'll get set to meet up for that one.

I have a couple of plans for Friday, and I'm still working on something for Saturday. I'll take my laptop or post from my cell phone if I don't have it planned out before we leave here Wednesday morning.

monkey sammich 10-14-2012 08:45 PM

I've got a ride planned for a group ride to Dillard, Highlands and then back to Franklin and through Blue Ridge. ~250 miles round trip from Ball Ground and looped back to Ball Ground. That's not too far for anybody, is it? Lunch in Dillard, at the Dillard House. I haven't been in years.

Edit: There's also a good barbecue restaurant on 28 in Highlands. I bet Beav is familiar... LOL

monkey sammich 10-15-2012 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by 02Deuces (Post 10432134)
Monkey when I get up there, I'm down for this! I will have to miss this ride but soon, we will be neighbors again....We are riding over to The Outpost near Ebro (in FL) this weekend if your in FL and want to ride. =)

Deuces, didn't mean to ignore you. We're riding up Wednesday and back on Sunday. Feel free to take off from packing up and come along. We've got room.

Beav 10-15-2012 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by monkey sammich (Post 10444629)
Edit: There's also a good barbecue restaurant on 28 in Highlands. I bet Beav is familiar... LOL

Yes he is...

After we make our Biketoberfest run, we got invited the next weekend back up to Highlands. That buddy of mine that I work with has got a cabin just outside of Highlands. We'll ride back up Friday the 26th.

Historically, the peak color is the 3rd weekend in October. Should be gorgeous ridin' fer y'all!

Ride safe,

Beav

NorthGeorgiaHawg 10-15-2012 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Beav (Post 10445371)
Yes he is...

After we make our Biketoberfest run, we got invited the next weekend back up to Highlands. That buddy of mine that I work with has got a cabin just outside of Highlands. We'll ride back up Friday the 26th.

Historically, the peak color is the 3rd weekend in October. Should be gorgeous ridin' fer y'all!

Ride safe,

Beav

The BRP, Dragon, and Cherohala Skyway were all SPECTACULARLY BEAUTIFUL this past weekend, on horseplay's "First Annual Johnny Says 'F**K CANCER' Ride"!!! And many more to come!!!

BTW Beav... you WILL be more CAREFUL up there this time, won't you??? :icon_steer: :icon_bricks:

Beav 10-15-2012 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by NorthGeorgiaHawg (Post 10446322)

BTW Beav... you WILL be more CAREFUL up there this time, won't you??? :icon_steer: :icon_bricks:

Took that "component" outta the equation!

:icon_goofygrin:Beav

monkey sammich 10-15-2012 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Beav (Post 10446520)
Took that "component" outta the equation!

:icon_goofygrin:Beav

Can we please get this thread back on track? We were talking about ME and MY RIDE. :icon_badrazz:

I mean, we're not even good enough for Beav to stay in town and ride with...

Michael HD Rider 10-15-2012 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by monkey sammich (Post 10444629)
I've got a ride planned for a group ride to Dillard, Highlands and then back to Franklin and through Blue Ridge. ~250 miles round trip from Ball Ground and looped back to Ball Ground. That's not too far for anybody, is it? Lunch in Dillard, at the Dillard House. I haven't been in years.

Was just there the other month. They charged $20. Personally, I wouldn't pay $5 for the food there again.

blueyz0416 10-15-2012 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Michael HD Rider (Post 10447780)
Was just there the other month. They charged $20. Personally, I wouldn't pay $5 for the food there again.

Yep, agree with ya, Michael. I was pretty disappointed that day we all ate there. Lotta other good places up there though.

DHubbs 10-15-2012 10:58 PM

They are calling for beautiful weather Fri, Sat & Sun. Lows in the 40s, Highs 70s. Yall be careful riding up. Matt, I have a new phone #, will send you a text so ya will have it.

NorthGeorgiaHawg 10-15-2012 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by monkey sammich (Post 10446957)
Can we please get this thread back on track? We were talking about ME and MY RIDE. :icon_badrazz:

I mean, we're not even good enough for Beav to stay in town and ride with...

Don't take it personally, Matt... Beav's NEVER in town on the weekends... Heck, he's rarely in this COUNTRY on weekends!

monkey sammich 10-16-2012 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by DHubbs (Post 10448729)
They are calling for beautiful weather Fri, Sat & Sun. Lows in the 40s, Highs 70s. Yall be careful riding up. Matt, I have a new phone #, will send you a text so ya will have it.

OK Hubbs, I had planned on calling you Wednesday or Thursday, so I'm glad you told me.

Ken, I dunno if you want to ride with us Thursday, but if ya do, give me a call and let me know. I'll send you my number. Others are still welcome.

According to the interwebz, that BBQ place in Highlands that I enjoyed so much is still there. I'm going to plan lunch Saturday for there. I appreciate the heads-up about the Dillard House. Sad to hear that it's no longer what I remembered.

BTW Beav, ride safely down. There's going to be 300,000 extra tards down there, and most everybody down there is willing to run over you.

Michael HD Rider 10-17-2012 06:36 PM

I'm out for Saturday. :icon_cry: :icon_evil:

GAZippoman 10-17-2012 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Michael HD Rider (Post 10454893)
I'm out for Saturday. :icon_cry: :icon_evil:

We're out for Saturday too. But Sunday is a different matter. We're looking to RIDE!
The 1000 miles to PCB riding down there and back wasn't enough....we need MORE!

DHubbs 10-19-2012 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by monkey sammich (Post 10422441)
Talked to Ken and Hubbs, and seems like they're both in.

A friend and I intend to be up for the week and riding the area. I'd love to see my GA peoples and meet some new ones!

I don't have any details yet, but I think I might be able to put a decent ride together if there's enough interest.

I can assure you, any ride I put together is going to have some "spirited" riding. :icon_dance-cpatch:

And Ken, my tires are just fine this time. :icon_verzsilly:

Really? REALLY! WTF???:icon_laugh: They dont sell M/C tires in Fla? LMAO!!!!!! Had a GREAT time buddy! Thanks! I'm thinkin that feller at the bike shop in Andrews is in love with ya!!! Purdy good screwin ya took there!:icon_wub:

horseplay 10-19-2012 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by DHubbs (Post 10461817)
Really? REALLY! WTF???:icon_laugh: They dont sell M/C tires in Fla? LMAO!!!!!! Had a GREAT time buddy! Thanks! I'm thinkin that feller at the bike shop in Andrews is in love with ya!!! Purdy good screwin ya took there!:icon_wub:

How much was that tire?!?

DHubbs 10-19-2012 09:09 PM

350 sumpthin out the door,, Dunlop pre 09,,, skinny tire. He got only 4k miles out of the pirelli he bought up here last time! I hate it for him! He took one for the team!

horseplay 10-19-2012 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by DHubbs (Post 10462427)
350 sumpthin out the door,, Dunlop pre 09,,, skinny tire. He got only 4k miles out of the pirelli he bought up here last time! I hate it for him! He took one for the team!

Thats worse than dealer gouging!!! But you don't have much of a choice up thére

DHubbs 10-19-2012 09:28 PM

Yep, anybody got any extra cash, a M/C tire dealership near Tallahassee could be a huge money maker!! LMAOOO!

Beav 10-19-2012 11:29 PM

Hell, Hubbs..
If'n ya opened one up in Tally, ol' Sammich would buy one from ya anyway!
Ain't like he wasn't asked/warned...

8-)
Beav

monkey sammich 10-20-2012 07:26 AM

Beav, lemme tell how soft the tire was: I've only been in the mountains twice on that tire, and my chicken strips were GONE. You know I didn't wear them off on Florida.

monkey sammich 10-20-2012 07:30 AM

And Beav, I think I passed Hubbs' riding exam yesterday. ;)

DHubbs 10-20-2012 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by monkey sammich (Post 10463351)
And Beav, I think I passed Hubbs' riding exam yesterday. ;)

:icon_imnotworthy: YEP! The boy can do dem twisties!:icon_moped: He been practicing on both of em down in Fla. ALOT! He didn't shake me off his azz but was defiantly all I wanted! What was impressive was he has the old frame & with the tour pak on, huge disadvantage in handling! I had a great time! I look forward to next time, Thank you Matt! Also thanks for bringin Bob with ya, great feller, enjoyed meeting him & riding with him too.