The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Florida Passes HB 137, Speeders Face Vehicle Confiscation, Prison Time

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:15 PM
pete913
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Florida Passes HB 137, Speeders Face Vehicle Confiscation, Prison Time

Dont' see a thing wrong with that. People who are either too dumb to read a speedometer or who think the laws were passed for someone else deserve what they get.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:33 PM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Florida Passes HB 137, Speeders Face Vehicle Confiscation, Prison Time

---- On a side note...how many of you have ever tested the throttle on your HD... I know for certain mine will hit 90 - apparently if you have not done that yet in Fla, you may never know...how sad.
Never underestimate us Florida boys......

Old 03-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Nomad X
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Florida's a RED state,the "law and order" party. Expect no less. Doesn't suprise me at all.
http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sectio...p;SessionId=54

Old 03-21-2008, 03:08 AM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I try to do 100 or better at least once a day if possible-what a bunch of dick wads.
How many cars you see doing 90 or 100 every day? How many BIG trucks are out there running 90 or 100 full of cows in west Texas? We need autobahns or something like it, all the snails can ride/drive the regular roads.
"The recommended speed of the German autobahn is 130km/h (81mph), but there is no speed limit"

We have improved motor transportation to the extent that speeds of 100 or better can be accomplished in relative safety, why are we still running on highways with speeds posted in most cases at 1970's or prior speed limits? Because it generates huge financial rewards for towns and cities, they are stealing our money. Every little "speed trap" out in BF America pays its way by screwing the crap out of passing motorists. Make the speed limits reasonable and up to today’s technology, and a lot of folks would be more inclined to drive/ride responsibly. If the posted speed limits were 90 on the open road, I could hear my motor running like it should and probly wouldn’t feel the need to break 100 all the time, there will always be complete idiots out there and that won’t change no matter what the speed limit or the consequences.
Here in Texas, they have given constables the rights to do "traffic" while thousands of warrants and stuff that constables REALLY need to do fall to the wayside. Bunch of money hungry ********.
(ask me how I REALLY feel)[/i][/b]

Old 03-21-2008, 04:52 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For sure it won't cause me any hearburn.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:18 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

This is an example of what the whiners should take notice of.Get the Zealots and politicians involved and we all pay the price.Florida is now off my vacation list,for that matter retirement list.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:47 AM
SA315B
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Tinkermc

this might keep some of them alive a little longer
Again, I have a problem with all confiscation laws because, unlike the members of the Supreme Court, I’ve read the US Constitution. But I have no problem with jail time for guys on crotch rockets doing 130+ on the Florida Turnpike.

And I don’t care about their safety, I’m thinking about me and the road rage I have to put up with from some cage driver because he is pissed that a group of motorcycles just blew by him startling him so bad hedumped his morning coffee or afternoon beer in his lap.

This happens two or three times a day in the Miami area.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:25 AM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So the drug dealers get off and the family's get separated on the highway when their Dad is arrested for driving 85 in a 55! Sounds like another infringement on our freedom and cruel and unusual punishemnt. I don't think this law will hold up in court if challenged. What's next road side executions if speeding? Our focus is all wrong......... Maybe the anarchyst have a point.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:36 AM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 22,066 Likes on 8,484 Posts

And once again, ABATE is there to make a showing as though they were really trying to defend the rights of bikers. They get paid whether they win or loose, so take the easier path.
Lets see now, how long has ABATE been around, but this Florida Rep suddenly decides to throw out a new law and whamo, six months later, its a done deal and ABATE doesn't even register as a speed bump in his path. ABATE needs to hire some abortion lawyers to fight the fights instead of these limp wrist, non-homework doin wanna bees.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:44 AM
SA315B
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: casique

So the drug dealers get off and the family's get separated on the highway when their Dad is arrested for driving 85 in a 55! Sounds like another infringement on our freedom and cruel and unusual punishemnt. I don't think this law will hold up in court if challenged. What's next road side executions if speeding? Our focus is all wrong......... Maybe the anarchyst have a point.
You bet, 55 in Florida is a two lane road and 85 on a two lane road is way over the top.

Quick Reply: Florida Passes HB 137, Speeders Face Vehicle Confiscation, Prison Time