The Motorcycle Activist Post Topics Concerning Motorcycle Laws such as Helmets, Loud Pipes, etc. etc.

Motorbikes and ATV's Outlawed For Kids

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:58 AM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Received 711 Likes on 366 Posts

I grew up on bikes and I never knew I had the option to eat or lick my bike. When I get home I'm gonna take me a little taste of my Harley and see what I've been missing!

They probably got the idea from an old M.A.S.H. episode where Klinger was eating a jeep a little part at a time.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:01 AM
HD_Maxima
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen a lot of bit(hing here, but has anyone contacted their local representative to let them know how you feel? I did. It is time that we stop putting up with the petty **** and start standing up for what is right.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:11 AM
smudge
Tourer
Smile

Originally Posted by 7/11 The Crapshooter
The used bike market will now go through the roof. They may not be able to buy a new one but they sure can buy a used one...
No you are wrong there. According to my understanding (I work at a metric dealer) we can no longer sell new units, new parts as well as used units and parts! There is a lot of vagueness in the wording. It is to do with lead content exceeding 600ppm on the alloy parts. So I am able to sell internal engine parts, but cases, heads, hubs, anything alloy is banned on certain models. To play safe we are not selling anything on the outside of the machine, only internals. Fine for noncompliance is $1800 per offense, rising in August to $100,000 per offense. I think that this has more to do with all of cheap dangerous junk coming out of China. You would be amazed at how much of any bike is made there and rebadged. Somehow I can't see the average 10 year old having a strong desire to lick the meatl parts of his bike! Hell, I love my Harley but I have yet to slip it the tongue!

Old 02-13-2009, 09:20 AM
OsoFat
Cruiser

I guess they'll have to stop selling cars, too. I can't keep my kids from chewing on the tires and licking the battery, everytime I leave it in the garage.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:25 AM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Originally Posted by HD_Maxima
I have seen a lot of bit(hing here, but has anyone contacted their local representative to let them know how you feel? I did. It is time that we stop putting up with the petty **** and start standing up for what is right.

I put this website to do jus this thing

http://www.mic.org/ Motorcycle Industry Council There is a Petition

Old 02-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will get overturned or exempted....they won't kill a whole industry like that. I think it was just a careless oversite in the wording and a technicality. Just a matter of time before they fix it. I can see the lawyers lining up now to challenge it if they don't.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:45 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 138 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by H20DOG
I put this website to do jus this thing

http://www.mic.org/ Motorcycle Industry Council There is a Petition

Old 02-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Marine.Top.58
Banned Camp
Old 02-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Autoartistry
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
It will get overturned or exempted....they won't kill a whole industry like that. I think it was just a careless oversite in the wording and a technicality. Just a matter of time before they fix it. I can see the lawyers lining up now to challenge it if they don't.
Don't leave anything to the lawyers.They are a big reason this country is so screwed up in the first place.Take matters into your own hands and contact your state reps,congressman,and organzations such as the AMA.
Mike

Old 02-13-2009, 08:20 PM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 138 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine.Top.58
done, thanks.

Quick Reply: Motorbikes and ATV's Outlawed For Kids