The Official Roadking "Picture" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Bill918
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Official Roadking Thread

Rayne,
Don't know if you are aware of this yet, but it can be a real pain in the butt trying to get a clean title on a previous salvage title in NJ. I deal with Junk and Salvage titles getting rid of old impounds that were never claimed. My understanding is this. You have to document everything you do to the bike with receipts. I believe the bike then has to go to Trenton and you have to prove that you have 'substantially increased the value', as well as made it a road safe vehicle. The vehicle then has to be inspected by MVC before a clean title will be issued. If you get to that point get a hold of me and I will contact some people in the Trenton MVC Title Unit and try to help you out, if you need it. As far as the battery is concerned, I think you got to have either a a grounding problem or a feed, like you said. I can leave my bike for a month in the cold and it starts right up. Good Luck,
Bill
ORIGINAL: AcidRayn

W00T!

okay, i'll discuss this since im working on it. 03 king
in november, my speedo stopped working, out of the blue, coming home from the philla, abate toys for tots run
i only bought this bike in sept, and found out it had a salvage "flood" title, which was not disclosed to me by the s**mbag
who sold it to me (title was at bank, paid for bike, he mailed title)
long story short, i can sue the ball s off of this loser, but im gonna have to pay my lawyer about 5 grand to make him take the bike back. dont make sense inmy world. i am just eating the loss
still a great bike, but has a few probs.

first the speedo
naturally, i figured cuz this bike was in a flood, and the water did it in. well, i got to taking it down, bought the new speed sensor, and when i took the battery out, the 3 wire harness that goes to the sensor, was under the battery, crushed, bad enough that the red and white leads were shorting. i looked at the new sensor i got, and the lead harness is about 5 inches shorter! so, harley knew enough of this problem to make the replacements have a shorter harness, hence, keeping them from getting pinched.
long story short, if you have an 03, pull the battery out, and make sure there are no wires crushed under it

next prob, and im hoping for some help

i noticed this tonight when puting batt back in
i connected the pos lead, when connecting the neg, i get a load spark. im an electrician by trade, so i know this means something is drawing on the battery, when ign. is off. i dont have an inline ammeter, will have one tommorow, but, does anyone know if the brain or alarm or anything draws power when the ign. is off? battery goes dead if bike sits not running for more then a day, and i have to jump it, and its a bitch to start
i've read that the stock harley starter is undersized
im going over all of the connections tommorow, and will load test the starter

any help will be appreciated.

Rayn

Old 02-20-2006, 07:12 PM
AcidRayn
Banned

ORIGINAL: dyna95th

Noticed it was down all day myself. Was stuck in the house all day due to rain and could not get my hdforum fix!!!!!
yea, i just got to this forum a week or so ago, and its like freaking crack! cant get enough, instant addiction
turned on my bud slackr to the site and he is the same way
we were both bummin yesterday, kept checking back, so relieved its all good. this site rocks

bill918, i appreciate your input. the title was cleared when i got it, cuz MV let me register it no prob, so this Dhead must have already done the dirty work.
the bike runs great, better with the new pipes, but im very leary about it. i tried to re sell it, and could not even get 12,000 for it. harley dealers wont touch it, they say it has no resale value. best thing that could happen to me, is if it got stolen, and the insurance paid for it. i have no such luck though. it is road registerable, but has the burden of this salvaged marked title. again, the bike is great, but has NO resale value. so i'll run it for a cpl years, and save up for another one.
sad part is, when i bought it in sept of '05, i had the cash for a brand new one, and went for this one, cuz it only had 1300 mi on it, price was right, and it LOOKED great, but, i guess you cant judge a book by its cover.

i figure it this way, i been buying, tradin or stealin something with 2 wheels since i was 5 and got my first mini bike, and never got screwed, so, im almost 40, and if this my first screwin, well, so be it. live, learn, go on!

o well, im out to the garage to start searchin down the drain. got some terminals to clean that i seen looke shady.
i'll keep ya posted what the prob was

Old 02-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Branded
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh Sorry! I Thought this was,

Old 02-20-2006, 07:42 PM
AcidRayn
Banned

ORIGINAL: Branded

Oh Sorry! I Thought this was,

O, MY BAD, your right, and its definetly not the official SARCASM thread

The following users liked this post:
Oivind (02-19-2017)
Old 02-20-2006, 07:45 PM
sgu500
Novice
Default RE: The Official Roadking "Picture" Thread

Here's mine

[IMG]local://upfiles/6450/CA5E2B620D16446BA22B6E3D8CE6A807.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Bill918
Road Captain

Rayne,
Sorry to hear about that, but on the upside you still got a nice bike. In the end, if you can't sell it, you could always convert it to a custom and throw the motor on a new fram, I guess.

Old 02-20-2006, 09:14 PM
AcidRayn
Banned

ORIGINAL: Bill918

Rayne,
Sorry to hear about that, but on the upside you still got a nice bike. In the end, if you can't sell it, you could always convert it to a custom and throw the motor on a new fram, I guess.
my thoughts exactly bill

Old 02-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Mac11
Road Master

Here is my 05 Road King Classic for your viewing.

Mac

[IMG]local://upfiles/6239/5B6E806E6737414688E613917FA02236.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior

Your ECM draws enough current to cause a small spark when you reconnect the battery - I'd check the current draw to be sure.

Here's my Road King - 2005.......

CLICK>>>HERE<<<

Old 02-21-2006, 01:25 AM
pmrod
6th Gear

Here's My Road King.

Quick Reply: The Official Roadking "Picture" Thread