Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about '01 Electra Glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 02:37 PM
BACON84
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
FLHT std is bare aluminum motor, no tourpak or fairing lowers, no radio. carb

FLHTC classic is black/chrome motor, tourpak ( no lights), radio- carb or optional EFI decals on tank and front fender

FLHTCU/I Ultra will add tourpak lights, fairing lowers, CB radio. cruise and EFI
and some badgers
Thanks for this information, the differences in trim is something I have been trying to nail down today. I have not been able to dedicate enough time to finding it in such detail. Working takes up way too much of day!!!!

I was told it had a tour pack. assuming it is factory, it must be at least a classic and possibly an Ultra.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

I did a carb conversion on mine, only cost about $300.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:44 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
FLHT std is bare aluminum motor, no tourpak or fairing lowers, no radio. carb

FLHTC classic is black/chrome motor, tourpak ( no lights), radio- carb or optional EFI decals on tank and front fender

FLHTCU/I Ultra will add tourpak lights, fairing lowers, CB radio. cruise and EFI
and some badgers
Bacon...I rode an '01 FLHT Electraglide Standard for over 10 years. Great bike. Had many cross country trips on it and never let me down. Had to replace those intake manifold gaskets once and I think that was about it. Only a few mods: 95" kit w/Andrews 26 cams, carb jetting, updated cam tensioner pads. Once carb was set up right bike ran fine at all elevations.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BACON84
good Info. Thanks.
any idea how hard it would be to convert to Carb if fuel injected?
I have a buddy who converted his 01 Road King, so I know it can be done.
Now why would you want go wreck a perfectly good bike like that?

Old 10-14-2014, 03:25 PM
BACON84
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Pumba11
Now why would you want go wreck a perfectly good bike like that?
If the carb is more reliable than the factory fuel injection, you bet your *** I would!

Old 10-14-2014, 07:27 PM
nh-rider
Cruiser

I have an 00 FLHT. Also got a great deal on it. I would say if the bike you are looking at is in good shape, that is a good price.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:11 PM
gremlinsteve
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Well,
Know this bike myself.
The bike is a black 2001 classic. It has the mm fuel injection and it works fine. None of the issues with it that would warrant a carb swap or any work needed.
It is a bone stock 88 inch twin cam.
The bike has a added oil cooler, a new front windshield as the original was a little glazed over.
It has a coo led style rear trunk brake/park light added to it. The bike also has lighted foot boards, the lighting around the rear hard bags that match and led lights. So no one from behind can say they cannot see you.
The bike also has had the heat deflector added to the frame/crotch area.
The stock belt gave out at 12500 miles and the entire system was changed over to a chain drive. Stock ratio. Using a oring chain btw.

The bike has been garage kept but has a few scratches and stuff. Nothing major but it is an older bike. It can be ridden across the globe I feel and would run fine. It does have one dent on the front fender. Nothing I can do about that
It is on the back side of the fender.

No water in the oil Ect. It is serviced and has a newer battery in it.

I own three bikes, and this one just sits. So I would rather see it ridden. I have the title in hand and it is clear.

Hope I represented it well and if you have questions I will answer.

Steve-o

Old 10-14-2014, 08:31 PM
greendragon52
Tourer

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

Had a '01 EGC which I had bought used in '04. Had problems with the gas gauge. Dealer replaced the sending unit but it went out again not long after. Dealer claimed that this was an issue with the '01's. Learned to live with it, just checked my mileage and gassed up accordingly. I also had the engine bumped up to a 96, with new cams, SE filter and mufflers. Bike ran nice with great pick up, even with the wife on the back.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:33 PM
BACON84
Cruiser

Originally Posted by gremlinsteve
Well,
Know this bike myself.
The bike is a black 2001 classic. It has the mm fuel injection and it works fine. None of the issues with it that would warrant a carb swap or any work needed.
It is a bone stock 88 inch twin cam.
The bike has a added oil cooler, a new front windshield as the original was a little glazed over.
It has a coo led style rear trunk brake/park light added to it. The bike also has lighted foot boards, the lighting around the rear hard bags that match and led lights. So no one from behind can say they cannot see you.
The bike also has had the heat deflector added to the frame/crotch area.
The stock belt gave out at 12500 miles and the entire system was changed over to a chain drive. Stock ratio. Using a oring chain btw.

The bike has been garage kept but has a few scratches and stuff. Nothing major but it is an older bike. It can be ridden across the globe I feel and would run fine. It does have one dent on the front fender. Nothing I can do about that
It is on the back side of the fender.

No water in the oil Ect. It is serviced and has a newer battery in it.

I own three bikes, and this one just sits. So I would rather see it ridden. I have the title in hand and it is clear.

Hope I represented it well and if you have questions I will answer.

Steve-o
How could you know the exact bike I am looking at?

If this is, in fact, the correct bike. It sounds great.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:47 PM
gremlinsteve
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

That's true.. Could be a small world

Quick Reply: Question about '01 Electra Glide