Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bummer no Fuel Moto head pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 03:00 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Bummer no Fuel Moto head pipe

Made my first order from Fuel Moto. Mufflers, PV, mount and visor, and Air cleaner showed up today.....................but no head pipe. No mention of a delay in availability when ordering. Only 1 box noted in fedex shipment notification. And its saturday so FM is not open to take calls. Was kinda hoping to install tomorrow. Dammmnnnnnn.

Old 01-24-2015, 05:41 PM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

I can imagine how you feel. Patience grasshopper.

I was lucky that everything I ordered arrived on time. I order pipes (headers and slip on's from Dennis Kirk and PV2 and AC from DK Customs. The order from DK Customs arrived one day earlier than the order from Dennis Kirk, so I had two fun filled nights putting my new ride together. I would have been in a world of hurt if my shipment from Kirk was delayed or incorrect.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:28 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

It's possible that the head pipes are shipped from a different location. I know mine came in a separate shipment on a different day. Unless it's been some inordinate amount of time since you ordered, I wouldn't sweat it. Call on Monday for peace of mind. They are good people so you have no worries.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:37 PM
timbo141
Road Warrior
Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
It's possible that the head pipes are shipped from a different location. I know mine came in a separate shipment on a different day. Unless it's been some inordinate amount of time since you ordered, I wouldn't sweat it. Call on Monday for peace of mind. They are good people so you have no worries.
Joe is correct. Head pipe comes from Florida (Soon to be made in Cali) and everything else comes from Wisconsin.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:52 PM
blackx-runner
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, headpipes come out of Florida. I was surprised when my headpipe beat the rest of the items that shipped out of Wisconsin. If you have the rest of your order I am sure the headpipe will be there first thing next week.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:13 PM
CharlieMac
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I bough my power package from Fuel Moto in November. Head Pipe and mufflers each arrived on different days and the power vision and pro billet air cleaner arrived together on a different day.

With the help of a buddy, I installed everything today. Hope your head pipe comes in soon so you can get it installed.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:51 PM
Tinman265
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Be glad your getting it now. I made the mistake of a summer order..... 4 weeks for the head pipe and 8 weeks for the full size crossover.

I have to say the wait was worth it! The sound is phenomenal with Rush Big Louie mufflers and Andrews 57H cam

Old 01-27-2015, 05:00 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member

The FM SPC headpipe showed up today. Thanks for the reassurance.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:03 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Bikers do not have much patience when waiting on parts. LOL
I know the feeling

Old 01-28-2015, 09:50 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member

Got everything installed today and wow what a difference. My buddy is thrilled with his "new" bike. I rode it a bit as well and I would say it is a very very nice running bike now. Just a headpipe, mufflers, ac and Power Vision with Jaime's map really woke it up.

Quick Reply: Bummer no Fuel Moto head pipe