Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Seat Search Continues! (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 12:01 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Steelpony16, Thanks I will check it out.

Nevada72, I like the RSD seats but when I was searching I read some contradicting posts. Some people said it didn't move them much from stock and other said it did. Do these seats have the distressed (grayish) look?

Old 02-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Ben221
Road Warrior
Received 241 Likes on 156 Posts

I think a RKC seat may do that....

Old 02-12-2015, 12:43 PM
bzb123
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I am on my 4th C&C seat....love em! (sold 2 to a buddy of mine)

Ordered my fastback 1 inch further back (their standard is further back than a stock seat). Very narrow as your leg will rub the side cover and heat deflectors more than the seat.

Feel like I am planted down in the bike instead of riding on top. Plus, there is good lower back support as well.

Attached Thumbnails My Seat Search Continues! (PICS)-img_7151.jpg   My Seat Search Continues! (PICS)-img_7137.jpg   My Seat Search Continues! (PICS)-100_1278.jpg  
Old 02-12-2015, 01:05 PM
D4691
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RKZen
You tried Mean City Cycles? They can narrow the stock HD seat as well as lower and set you back. They may not redo the LePera or Danny Gray though. I'm a little shorter than you and they redid my stock seat just right for me.
I did this. Worked great.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:58 PM
BlackGROOVE
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lghdale, I had the same issue with you but I had liked the mustang touring seat, it was too wide and high for me so after a headache of searching for another perfect seat and possible spending more on a seat that I cant return if it didn't work. I pulled off the cover and used a dremmel tool and 4" sanding disc's to slowly reshape the seat to my liking. Then after I got it perfect and took it to a local upholstery shop and they covered it for me. Since you liked the danny grey seat, narrowing it would be pretty easy. just go slow with a 1 or 2" dremmel tool and narrow up the sides where your legs rest. Shave some, then try it out over until you get it where you want it. I would post pics but im on a work computer and cant. I found tips on a website called DIYseat. Its really not that hard. I did think about sending my seat off to be shaved down but Im very picky and was afraid it wouldn't be enough. So sometimes you just have to do it yourself to get it just right.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:34 PM
speednut
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Seats are a dilema ! I am looking for one now. Thinking about Mean City right now I could probably ride up there and wait for them to fix one of mine or maybe both. Stock is ok but also I have a solo off of I think a 2013 CVO Road King. It sits me down seems like 2 inches but not back because seems easier to reach the bars. Anyway good luck on your quest. If there is a dealer near you maybe they have demo seats.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:49 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for all the info guys!! I've been exchanging emails all day with Mustang and RSD. Mustang pointed me in the direction of the Day Tripper Fastback and stated it would move me down but not back. They said me being too far back is the reason my legs are being pushed out.

RSD was very helpful and said the Enzo, Boss or Hang Lo 2 up would move me down and back some but nothing extreme. As of now I am really liking the BOSS seat. I think on my Vivd Black bike it would look really good. They said it has a different distressed and dark vinyl pattern so it's not completely distressed looking.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:41 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,639 Likes on 12,014 Posts

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Nevada72, I like the RSD seats but when I was searching I read some contradicting posts. Some people said it didn't move them much from stock and other said it did. Do these seats have the distressed (grayish) look?
I don't see how anyone couldn't feel a VERY significant change in rider position. As I mentioned in my PM - my Enzo drops me more and sits me farther back than even my Mustang Supertouring, which is lower and back from the stock seat. I'm 6-5 and I love the down and back feeling teh Enzo gives me. I can stretch my legs and arms out more and it keeps me low on the bike.

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Thanks for all the info guys!! I've been exchanging emails all day with Mustang and RSD. Mustang pointed me in the direction of the Day Tripper Fastback and stated it would move me down but not back. They said me being too far back is the reason my legs are being pushed out.

RSD was very helpful and said the Enzo, Boss or Hang Lo 2 up would move me down and back some but nothing extreme. As of now I am really liking the BOSS seat. I think on my Vivd Black bike it would look really good. They said it has a different distressed and dark vinyl pattern so it's not completely distressed looking.
Mustang makes the RSD seats FYI. The Daytripper looks to me like a somewhat less costly version of the RSD product. My guess is, it does the same job.

Regardless, both are very high quality and made in USA. The RSD distressed black looks almost (but not quite) super dark brown. It will look outstanding on a Vivid Black bike.

It should be noted that for a seat built around style, it's pretty comfortable. But, I don't use mine for anything over 200 mile rides. For the longer rides I use the Supertouring which was modified by MCC. Pretty much an all day seat now.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:23 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Gotcha thanks!

Old 02-12-2015, 11:28 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,246 Likes on 2,476 Posts

have you tried one of the cvo seats from the 2012 roadglides? i put one on my 2010 and have done several long trips with it and have had no problems.

similar to this seat: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...16-52000057--1

only cheaper (if you order from a discounter), and has leather seating surfaces whereas this seat is vinyl. you should be able to get a demo version of this seat from the dealer and give it a try.

Quick Reply: My Seat Search Continues! (PICS)