Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using a True Track?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 05:19 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes I have TT on my bike.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:24 PM
massparanoia
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got back from a ride with the new True Track installed, and all I can say is WHAT A DIFFERENCE! For the price of admission, why doesn't Harley make this an oem feature on all their bikes?

Old 05-25-2015, 07:34 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by massparanoia
why doesn't Harley make this an oem feature on all their bikes?

LOL, yeah right.... because the mother MOCO is not about to ADMIT that there's a flagrant and well known problem with the design of their motorcycles. The very fact that the swingarm on a Dyna isn't even bolted to the bikes frame, but to the rear rubber motor mount, should have been enough for them to "get a hint". But that ain't never gonna happen. Eric Buell explained the problem to Harley decades ago, and they simply ignored him. Harley Davidson is a publicly traded company. They aren't gonna come out and admit they knew about stability problems on their motorcycles..... not now, and not ever.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:03 PM
massparanoia
Cruiser

I figured it ultimately came down to bean counters.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:05 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts
Red face

Just got back from a ride with the new True Track installed, and all I can say is WHAT A DIFFERENCE! For the price of admission, why doesn't Harley make this an oem feature on all their bikes?
What is so annoying is that all Buells and all rubber-mount Sportsters DO have one! It's only the rubber-mount big twins, in other words the Touring range and Dynas, that don't.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:47 AM
massparanoia
Cruiser

Originally Posted by grbrown
What is so annoying is that all Buells and all rubber-mount Sportsters DO have one! It's only the rubber-mount big twins, in other words the Touring range and Dynas, that don't.
So the ones that probably need them most are the ones that don't have it.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:17 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Thumbs up

So the ones that probably need them most are the ones that don't have it.
You hit the nail right on the head! A few years ago I traced back the various patents on the rubber mount system (an exhausting task if ever there was!) and am fairly certain that the original patent includes the rear stabiliser, but it never made it onto the first bikes. Later touring bikes, from 2009, have a revised rubber mount system, but don't have stabilisers, front or rear.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:02 PM
Book-it
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed one on my 13 and it makes a big difference
I do feel a little vibration on the curves that wasn't there before.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:17 PM
massparanoia
Cruiser

Originally Posted by grbrown
You hit the nail right on the head! A few years ago I traced back the various patents on the rubber mount system (an exhausting task if ever there was!) and am fairly certain that the original patent includes the rear stabiliser, but it never made it onto the first bikes. Later touring bikes, from 2009, have a revised rubber mount system, but don't have stabilisers, front or rear.
The front stabilizer, is that the one that's up by the gear shifter? Why does everyone say that 09 and up bikes handle so much better if they're missing 2 of the 3 needed stabilizers?

Old 05-27-2015, 04:25 AM
grbrown
Club Member

The front stabilizer, is that the one that's up by the gear shifter? Why does everyone say that 09 and up bikes handle so much better if they're missing 2 of the 3 needed stabilizers?
I've answered that in my bagger wobble thread, so read the first post. The MoCo changed the layout of the rubber mounts on the '09 bikes, but give the impression (I'm an engineer) that whoever came up with the current layout didn't understand the original one! The design has gone backwards IMHO, although the current layout is probably somewhat better than the previous models.

Quick Reply: Anyone using a True Track?