Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any dissapointed Road Glide owners?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 01:47 PM
Harley Limited
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HD_fan
I'm 5'7 and the stock short windshield is perfect for me. The great thing about harley touring bike is that you can get just about any size windshield you need.

I love the new rushmore RG's. I LOVE just about everything about this bike except the handlebar...easy enough to fix though. I can honestly say that I will ride this bike to the ground before î get another and I will replace it with another Rushmore RG. I like the SG rushmores also. The only big issue I had with it is the effects of the crosswinds on the bars. Was not a very secure feeling for me specially on the highway on rainy wet conditions.
Can you see over top of the windshield though? I don't like looking through a windshield, don't like the glaring you sometimes get. Especially at night.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:54 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

I'm disappointed I don't have the money to buy one.

The following users liked this post:
Bluesrider.df (09-08-2022)
Old 08-31-2015, 02:55 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 358 Posts

Can you see over top of the windshield though? I don't like looking through a windshield, don't like the glaring you sometimes get. Especially at night.
Yes I can see from top of the ws. I dont like looking through a windshield myself.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:37 PM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

....as one old guy said to me as i was looking over the showroom.....don't see any used Road Glides do you.....guess that pretty much sums up the feeling owners have for them.

Zonktified (03-07-2020)
Old 08-31-2015, 03:39 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by cass
....as one old guy said to me as i was looking over the showroom.....don't see any used Road Glides do you.....guess that pretty much sums up the feeling owners have for them.
Or it could be that the dealers refuse to take those ugly damn things in on trade. Just sayin

WVHARLEEMANN (05-03-2021)
Old 08-31-2015, 06:24 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,667 Likes on 5,196 Posts

Well I purchased another on the 28th. Makes the 4th RG or RGU

Old 08-31-2015, 06:37 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

Not gonna knock anyones ride but for me it is and has been RG all the way since 08.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:17 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

I'm loving my 2015 Road Glide Special so far. It's a night and day difference in handling compared to the Fat Boy Lo I used to have. It feels so much better in the curves. I was kind of surprised how well it handled at low speeds and how quickly I was able to get used to it. I've only got about 150 miles on it since I rode it home from the dealer this past Saturday but it's been great so far. I sat on a SG at the dealer but the Road Glide felt so much better that it was the only one I bothered to test ride. I might look into a different windshield to hear the stereo better but I didn't notice buffeting that seemed bad. Of course I was going from no windshield at all. I am replacing the seat when my new corbin gunfighter gets in.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:32 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 358 Posts

I was kind of surprised how well it handled at low speeds and how quickly I was able to get used to it.
Me too! By the time I got home from the dealership I felt completely comfortable riding it anywhere and everywhere. Must be the frame mounted fairing.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:24 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

When I test rode one the sales lady took great pains to point out that the fairing didn't move and not to be caught off guard by it. She literally went on for maybe ten minutes about it. I guess that's a problem with some buyers. Didn't bother me at all though since I guess I just normally look where I want to go when taking off from a stop and what not whereas some people I guess just stare at their fork.

Quick Reply: Any dissapointed Road Glide owners?