Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andrews 57H

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 05:40 PM
DOC H
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pretty sure its a bad Compression tester

I got the same numbers before and after. It would appear this compresdion tester is stuck at 120. Thats why i pulled it back open. Figured a couple hours to get a new one or just pull rods and covers and go back through it.
To answer the previous question, yes I am running S&S adjustables, Andrews 57H, Fueling OE+ plate and pump. Pressure is 60 psi cold, and 24 warm at idle.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DOC H
Yeppers, a tooth was off. It didnt help that the compression tester was an epic POS, so i just pulled the timing cover and gears. Indeed, it was slightly retarded. Mental note. Check multiple times. Ok, so it runs and sounds like it has some potential now. TTS on the way. Oil pressure is really good now with the Fueling setup and most valve train noise is gone. A wee little chatter from the airbox, but thats normal i suppose.
Thank you all. I' ll update after the tune
Damn man, a tooth off wtf. Run really fast and get a tuner a PV tuner.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:04 PM
DOC H
Novice
Default Tuner

Lmao. I couldnt run now if i tried. Iooked at the PV and it looks like a great piece of hardware. Im just used to using the TTS and screaming eagle from my past Buells and Dynas. Seems prudent to stick with what i know, at least until I find a competent tuner locally....

Old 12-01-2015, 08:01 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 108 Posts

Yeppers, a tooth was off. It didnt help that the compression tester was an epic POS, so i just pulled the timing cover and gears. Indeed, it was slightly retarded. Mental note. Check multiple times. Ok, so it runs and sounds like it has some potential now. TTS on the way. Oil pressure is really good now with the Fueling setup and most valve train noise is gone. A wee little chatter from the airbox, but thats normal i suppose.
Thank you all. I' ll update after the tune
I knew from your description that it was more than a tune.

On your rework did you check both the cam-to-cam timing and the crank-to-cam timing, or just the latter? I hope you did both.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:16 PM
DOC H
Novice
Default Both

I did both, I do appreciate the help.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:22 AM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Check the guage again there should be a manual bleed off button on it Would be surprised. If it didn't have one

Old 12-02-2015, 08:44 PM
DOC H
Novice
Default Guage Check

Originally Posted by 2009blackpearle
Check the guage again there should be a manual bleed off button on it Would be surprised. If it didn't have one
Yeah, i checked it. Right back to the store. It was two bad bosch guages in a row that were bad. Time to seek a good American tool company. Any suggestions ?

Old 12-02-2015, 08:51 PM
DOC H
Novice
Default map

Yeah, i checked it. Right back to the store. It was two bad bosch guages in a row that were bad. Time to seek a good American tool company. Any suggestions ?
I still need a good map to play with if anyone has it?

Old 12-02-2015, 08:53 PM
DOC H
Novice
Default You called it

Originally Posted by 2009blackpearle
proably wouldnt hurt to do a compression check on each cylinder to verify the cam timing is correct im guessing with the 57's you will be about 194 in each cyliner using big boyz calculator with stock heads and gaskets. ive done 2 cam changes and in both cases the compression was ony different by a cpl of lbs in each cyl to each other. seen posts in here where the bike didnt run right and after doing a comp check the numbers where off by 20-30 lbs indicating the cam dots werent lined up dead on , hope its just the tune but wouldnt hurt to verify this. u will have to force open throttle plate a bit with some thing and unplug the acr's to get a correct reading, or u can pull the acr fuse to disable also , if u decide to read with acr working then disabled u will be able to see how well the acr is dumping pressure also. I would leave one plug out just to make it easier to crank over and again in some posts u will see to leave spark plugs plugged in and ground to eliminate change of coil damage. I have never done this and had no problems, but have seen too many posts saying to do this or coil damage could occur, your choice.
Beer is on me when your in Oregon next time.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:11 PM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

205TW004.dt0 on se racetuner give this a try dyno guy used this on my bike when i had 255 in bike if u have a newer version i think it may be 205tw005 now of coarse u will have to get 3-4 ve smart tune runs, u may have to take a degree or two out of timing around 2700-2800 if u get pinging. look in the spark knock table try and match up rpm to thottle position where the ion system took any timimg off when it noticed pining condition

Quick Reply: Andrews 57H