Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aquatic AV radio review

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 11:47 AM
aaronmcb80
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kojak
Yes, it has fader and balance controls. However, if you run it though an amp, make sure you get a 4 channel amp.
how about the tuner features, is it just bass and treble, or does it have more advanced tuning features?

Old 12-06-2016, 05:17 PM
gja
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 49 Posts

I have the color screen and it is hard to see the screen due to glare. Gonna try a reflection type screen and see if that helps.

As far as the charging, I too was having a problem with my Nano. Called Aquatic and they sent a firmware update and now plays and charges flawlessly!

Old 12-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Throttle1971
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Love the radio as well. On my second unit, the first unit took on water and stopped working, the second unit the faceplate latch broke. I do however wish the radio volume would change based on your speed. GPS has the time so I don't worry about the clock.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:49 AM
harfooz
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kylebryan
I picked up the Aquatic AV Bluetooth radio today for my flhx. Initial review is fantastic! I honestly can't get over how much better the audio quality is on this radio than the stock HK unit! I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again!
What does the **** on the top right inner dash do? Just curious. (The **** above the voltage meter.)

'fooz

Old 12-08-2016, 05:36 PM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,503 Likes on 1,252 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronmcb80
how about the tuner features, is it just bass and treble, or does it have more advanced tuning features?
Bass, Treble, Midrange

Old 06-11-2017, 10:29 PM
EdsRoadGlide2017
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Volume control?

I just bought the $500 unit and had it installed.install was a little too much for me. I'm slowly learning everything about it. I was riding tonight going about 70 and the volume kept increasing on its own. Has anyone had this happen?

Old 06-12-2017, 05:12 PM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,503 Likes on 1,252 Posts

Originally Posted by EdsStreetGlide2010
I just bought the $500 unit and had it installed.install was a little too much for me. I'm slowly learning everything about it. I was riding tonight going about 70 and the volume kept increasing on its own. Has anyone had this happen?
No, my guess is there is a AVC setting that needs to be adjusted. Next time I ride, I'll play with mine and see if there is an automatic volume control.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:26 PM
pingman68
Road Master
Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by kojak
No, my guess is there is a AVC setting that needs to be adjusted. Next time I ride, I'll play with mine and see if there is an automatic volume control.
No AVC on the Aquatic radio

Old 06-12-2017, 05:54 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

I got the ****hs model came out in december paid 599. So far so good. heres what ive notice so far.

I like the way they dummied it down in some ways,and I mean that in a good way cause its made for a bike.Clock has 2 settings,big or tiny if time is important. It starts on a delay to give me time to start the bike so i can just leave it on all the time and just turn volume down or mute. Changeing folders on usb can be done but not a one button operation, you have to get use to pushing a button and a couple more step with out looking at it similiar with mode change(learning curve,not biker friendly much there).

It has not had even one gliche or hicup even if you run over a truck tire.But here comes the problem ive narrowed down to my controls, seems if the get them a little wet the volume on the handle bars stops working, if i get caught in a downpore or it sites out in the rain the hand controls go crazy to the point where the radio controls dont even work right. and one thing its done like the op mentioned is i hit the mode button on handle bars and volume starts going up, yipes!! have to pull the face plate off while riding and snap it back on to stop it!! but only when hand controls are soked..I got some non harding clear silicone that im going to use on the control switch this winter to see if that helps and until then im just going to live around that issiu. dry out works flawless. if that doesnt work to my likeing Ive thought of makeing a quick disconnect for the handle bar controls.......by passing the issue would be my next guess?

Old 06-12-2017, 06:31 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

to add , its responce to handle bar controls is equal or better then stock, unlike other radios ive used. no delays,very responce...its like maybe too responsive/sensative ? thus any moisture sets it off???

btw I like the fact it does not have avc

Quick Reply: Aquatic AV radio review