Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheel advice for 2010 ultra

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 03:24 PM
irishfootballboy
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wheel advice for 2010 ultra

i'm getting ready to get tires so it is time for a wheel swap too. I have the 28 spoke alum/black and hate them!!! just been waiting for this day. right now I'm planning on doing one of the chrome exchanges or maybe buy outright and pay core charge since that still seems several hundred $$$ cheaper than buying from hd. I don't want to give up much ride quality because we are often on some less than good roads. and this is not a round town showboat- most rides are 100+ miles. and we are almost always 2 up and with me usually around 240-250#. planning on going with the michelen commander 2s and right now considering 3 sets of wheels. wonder what all I need to consider in terms or parts or matching thing up so I have everything I need- rotors, spacers, etc. oh and mine is ABS. I know there are lots of other very nice wheels out there but don't see many in my price range. as much as I want it to look nice I'm not going crazy with a $1200+ wheel. trying to keep the chrome wheels, michelens, polished front rotors, chrome(maybe powdercoated) lower forks under $2500 installed.

1- a set of impellers. I think they only come 17 front and 16 rear so should fit fine and don't need any mods and don't lose ride. but I will need different front rotors. will everything else work? pulley? rear rotor? but if there is an 18 or 19 I would consider.
2- a set of the newer enforcers- since front is 19" that is where my ?? are. do I have to mod anything or will it fit? I know I will need front rotors but what else? spacers? rear rotor? pulley? need to lower/level? and what about ride compared to 17"? I know not as good but is it that noticeable or worth a LITTLE sacrifice for the look.
3- is a set of the older enforcers- again they are front 17 and rear 16 so will fit and shouldn't have issues there. but will need front rotors. what about rear rotor? Pulley?

also I do plan to replace lower forks with chrome ones at the same time if that matters about anything. but planned to stay stock. thx, james!

Old 04-06-2016, 03:32 PM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

Have you seen those new square wheels?

Old 04-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Jaftica
Road Captain
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

I put a set of the impellar wheels on my 13 ultra with no problems. Yes you will need the front rotors as well. Everything on the rear wheel you will reuse from your stock wheel. What ever your bike has now for bearings be sure to replace with same type. I did buy the gloss black and chrome ones versus the flat black and aluminum ones and was glad I did. I hate polishing aluminum. Those 28 spoke knuckle wheels you are referring to are a pain in the **** to clean even in chrome

Old 04-06-2016, 03:46 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

The Enforcers will fit with no mods. It's a straight bolt on. Only thing you'll need are the front rotors. Check out Boardtracker for prices. That's where I bought mine. Saved a ton.

http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline.com/

Old 04-06-2016, 03:53 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

I got a set of impellers for sale in the marketplace right now if you are looking for some.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:08 PM
irishfootballboy
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is that the 19"front? was the ride change noticeable

Old 04-06-2016, 07:27 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by irishfootballboy
is that the 19"front? was the ride change noticeable
The Enforcers are 19". The Impellers aren't.
No noticeable change in ride.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:26 AM
madhunter60
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

i put a set of roulette's on mine and didn't have to change rotors, just bought the hardware kit.also from www.boardtrackerharleyonline.com

Old 04-07-2016, 02:14 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 531 Likes on 377 Posts

I went with the 9 spoke, would have gotten them in black pvd if they were avaialable then.

Attached Thumbnails wheel advice for 2010 ultra-image.jpg  
Old 04-07-2016, 04:46 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts

All the front wheels Harley has used on our bikes over the years, 16", 17", 18" and 19", have near identical rolling diameters, due to the tyres having appropriately reduced sidewall height. They are all nominally 130mm wide. Going from a 17" to a 19" may affect ride a little, with less air cushion to ride on, but going to a more compliant tyre like the Commanders will probably offset that.

Quick Reply: wheel advice for 2010 ultra