Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RideStra8 or TrueTrac comments, please

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 12:55 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RideStra8 or TrueTrac comments, please

I'm trying to correct a high speed wobble (65-70mph) on my SG that usually occurs when I'm hit with a cross wind. E.G. if on a bridge with a cross wind the bike will wobble across the whole length. Scares the crap out of me!
My question; do any forum members have either of these stabilizers instaleed on their rides and if so did they make a difference? Would like to know before I spend $440.
The bike has been to the dealer andevery thing that may cause a wobble has been checked out and of course "no trouble found" lol!
I've called Harley customer service 2x waited 20 minutes each time, never got answered, hung up. What a wasteof time.

Opinions please. Thank,
Frank

Old 05-17-2007, 01:27 AM
orcas tow
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RideStra8 or TrueTrac comments, please

I have the tru trac & its solid as a rock, no more uneasy feeling in a sweeping high speed turn, you do loose some lean angle on the right side, I'm slowly machining it away though.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:52 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I occasionally experience what I'll say are the same same symptoms on my RK.
Mine is definately a 'front-end' thing. The way I would describe it it that sometimes when I'm bucking a headwind, (always going into the wind) a gust sets off some sort of harmonic ocillation in the steering. It's usually easy to get it to stop, but it catches me off guard sometimes.
This is NOT the rear of the bike in my situation. ie, not rear wheel steering. Having True-Track or otherwise isn't the cure this one..... at least on my RK.

CN

Old 05-17-2007, 01:53 AM
kdietz
Road Captain

Ride Str8 is awesome....add Sta-Bo bushings to the swingarm and Metzler tires and you'll know what smooth riding is all about

Old 05-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Gaskett
Advanced

I just recieved my Alloy Art stabilizer (it's new onthe market). I'm installing it and giving it a test ride this weekend, I'll let you know. BTW mine was only $319 less shipping and handling from M&M cycles.

I have a post on this forum, added a day or so agao.

Glenn

Old 05-17-2007, 03:07 PM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the same delema as to what I wanted to improve the handling on my Ultra as well...
Prior to adding the ride sta8 I was tossing the true track around and after doing some reading on the 2 systems I desided on the ride str8...Note: I never noticed the shimmy that others have experienced on my ultra, however I did notice it on my fatboy and turned out to be the neck bearing needed to be tightened...Tightening did help but wasn't the cure all...

After the installation which by the way was asimple proccess to say the least I notice a improvement right away...The *** end didn't have the wag anymore while riding aggressively...
I had read about the sta-bo's and decided after a couple months or so to give them a try and what a night and day improvement...The bike just felt so solid that it was like riding a sport bike...

I would suggest that you might try the sta-bo's first and if that doesn't solve the problem then decide on which stabolizer system you want to go with and install it...

I have a custom shop down here and I hang out there from time to time and one of the firemen had the alloyart system put on his ride and after a short time he had it removed...He was complaining about the additional vibrations that he was experiencing...hes considering one of the other systems that his fire buddys are running over the other...Shop is suggesting the sta-bo's first and see what he thinks and then go from there...Food for thought...

Old 05-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Dogwood
Tourer

Where does one get some Sta-Bo bushings?

Old 05-17-2007, 05:25 PM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1559707/m...tm.htm#1637757

get with Mike,he can set you up

Old 05-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Dogwood
Tourer

ORIGINAL: TexasBowhunter

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1559707/m...tm.htm#1637757

get with Mike,he can set you up
Thanks Paul, I sent him a PM just now.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:43 AM
kdietz
Road Captain

Installed mine today....only took about 15 minutes....easiest thing I've ever installed on the bike that was good for performance.....Ride Str8 took out a lot of rear steer and now it don't notice any wobble during higher speed turns

Karl

Quick Reply: RideStra8 or TrueTrac comments, please