Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RoadGlide vs StreetGlide

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 12:42 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by GTK
Maybe your buddy likes ugly women too.
I've heard they ride better too!

Old 05-02-2016, 03:03 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

As soon a Harley makes a touring bike that doesn't have 40 lbs of plastic crap filled with electronic garbage, bolted directly over the front tire, and blocking the view of the road, this debate will have merrit. Oh wait, they do. It's called a Road King and it handles better than either fairinged bike. Ha!

The following 3 users liked this post by bikerlaw:
CRF (05-02-2016), notch'd '90 (05-02-2016), shorelasHD (05-02-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 03:21 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Let's hear why your RoadGlide is better than my StreetGlide, or EVEN BETTER...why our StreetGlides are the superior bike to everyone else's RoadGlides. (Keep it classy...we all ride awesome bikes.)

His Roadglide is better because he laid down his hard earned cash to buy it, and he prefers it.

Your Streetglide is better because you laid down your hard earned cash to buy it and you prefer it.

My Softail and Ultra Limited are better than both those bikes because I laid down my hard earned cash to buy them and I prefer them.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:26 PM
rjjj629
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

Obviously the correct answer is Road King :-)

The following users liked this post:
CRF (05-02-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 03:57 PM
notch'd '90
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ybnorml
Someone else stirring up the pot for another pissing match.....
Let that f*cking dead horse rest in peace man !!!
No sh*t pot stirring meant here...I am just looking for some light-hearted banter. I love most Harley's equally and would love to have RG, SG, or RK!

Old 05-02-2016, 04:10 PM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

I have not ridden either yet, but my heart is calling me toward the SG Special. I just love the looks... But I have to pay for my new FLD first. :-(

Old 05-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by ! rock103 !
I've heard they ride better too!
I heard that too.... but wouldn't know...

Old 05-02-2016, 05:31 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,670 Likes on 5,196 Posts

Your Buddy is right . RG and RGU are better.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:49 PM
Dharn55
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Road Glide is better than your Street Glide because, well because it's mine and I get to ride it. I never get to ride your Street Glide darn it.

As for Roak Kings vs Road Glides. I love my old Road King and still have it, but seldom ride it ( my son rides it all the time). But my Road Glide is much better than on the highway and for touring, no comparison. And I put close to 50k mile touring on he Road King before I upgraded.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:58 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

Originally Posted by ybnorml
Someone else stirring up the pot for another pissing match.....
Let that f*cking dead horse rest in peace man !!!
Aw, c'mon, lighten up. I currently own 3 harleys, and not that I'm into touring (we tour "in style" monthly driving between FL and NJ in our loaded F150), but I have a 180 mile round trip to work (when I bother to actually show up at our home office), and I currently do it on a Heritage when the weather cooperates.

But when I had my Honda ST1300 (with a frame mounted fairing, see below), it would handle bad weather/cold temps 'way better than my Heritage (sorry, MoCo, it's simply a better all-weather bike).

So for my next "Touring" bike, should I get another ST1300, or go for a Road/Street Glide?

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
If I try to put Harley oil in my Roadie it just spits it right back out.

All the opinions have been beat to death in multiple threads, but I did hear a new one the other day. Something I never would have thought about.

This is deer country, and riders hit deer and go down all the time. Sometimes they don't make it. Tragic. The fact that the RG fairing is bolted directly to the frame and not to the front forks means that no matter at what angle you hit the deer, the impact force goes straight back along the frame line, and usually doesn't hit the handlebars. A fellow RG rider hit a deer at 70, cut it in half, coasted over to the side of the road, put down his jiffy stand and got off. He said that just like railroad locomotives have cow catchers on the front, that fixed fairing is a "deer catcher".

Never hit one, can't speak to it personally, just something I heard.

All the touring bikes are great, ride the one that moves you.
Thank you for bringing this up! I often leave for work in the wee-ish hours of the morning to avoid the traffic, and I'm less afraid of the texting cagers at 4:30AM than wildlife (did you know there are more deer in New Jersey now than when the Indians (oooops, native Americans) lived here?) jumping out in front of and killing me. Yes, I've had a few close calls. The frame-mounted fairing like that on the ST1300 or RG might save my life.

So my question will be, should I (eventually) sell the Heritage and get a MoCo touring bike, or get another ST? And yes, I know it's an apple to oranges comparison. I plan to rent a touring HD in the next few months, and find out for myself, but any input is welcome!

Quick Reply: RoadGlide vs StreetGlide