Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any of your riding with Heel Pain?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 10:08 AM
bucs012
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any of your riding with Heel Pain?

Nice to know I am not the only one. I did go to the Foot Solution Store last week. They had me stand on this thingy that graphs your feet and pressure points. Did a few other things too.

I chose the cheaper inserts for now (over the counter) made by Lynox or something like that. They were around $70. Been wearing them for 5 days now and they are much better. I ICE my foot 2-6 times a day depending on what I am doing. Also am taking my left over Mobic (anti inflammatory) perscrption pills left over from a hurt wrist about 1.5 yrs back. Makes a ton of difference!

Dr told me the custom shoe inserts would be around $300 but I think insurance pays for it! Will be trying them next if need be.

Mine started out about 2 years ago but the pain was a 2 on a scale of 1-10. Popped a few Ibuprofen and I was good. This spring it came back STRONG! On a scale of 1-10 it was a 8-10 some nights after I got off my feet. A few times even SHARP pains in my right heel. It was time to take action!

Old 05-21-2007, 11:02 AM
SMenasco
Road Master

Wife had it. Went to Ideal Feet, store in Tulsa, bought inserts, pain gone in two days.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/6AA467E0FF804094BD5A6B0E6FE58F25.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2007, 11:23 AM
bucs012
Road Master

Another thing my foot Dr. told me was to NEVER go bare foot or wear flip flops. They are feet killers. He even suggested wearing some sort of shoe or sandal like Birkenstocks (they have very good arch support) in the house. The idea is to cut down the risk of pulling the ligament again.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:50 PM
texas725
Outstanding HDF Member

Spend the money on moulded inserts. Mine was about $400 but worth every penny of it. Even after I started utilizing the inserts, it took another 4 months for the pain to finally go away. That was 3 years ago and I have not had any pain with my heel since that time.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:07 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

ORIGINAL: wing_rdr

Been there done that, did the exercise and the pills routine but I finally had to get a pair of moulded inserts for shoes/boots through a foot doctor (podiatrist). It was so painful that at times I could hardly walk across the room. Inserts are now like AMX, never leave home (i.e. wear shoes) without them. They let you walk pain free.
Ditto. Fitted orthotics took care of mine. SHlT is painful ain't it?

Old 05-21-2007, 05:04 PM
bucs012
Road Master

ORIGINAL: atrox88

ORIGINAL: wing_rdr

Been there done that, did the exercise and the pills routine but I finally had to get a pair of moulded inserts for shoes/boots through a foot doctor (podiatrist). It was so painful that at times I could hardly walk across the room. Inserts are now like AMX, never leave home (i.e. wear shoes) without them. They let you walk pain free.
Ditto. Fitted orthotics took care of mine. SHlT is painful ain't it?
What amazes me is that it can feel like a freaking nail in the side of my heel at the days end. Ice the hell out of it that night and pop some ibuprofen and the next day it may not be that bad.
Or, I wake up and all is good then sitting at work the damn thing will just come on. I'm not even standing up. Ticks me off.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:48 PM
jeff194
Cruiser

I have it, went to podiatrist, got molded insoles. Before that I had the green half insoles that you get at any sporting goods store. The worked for awhile.What really helped me was to ice it. Take a water bottleand freeze it, or freezer ice pack and ice it down real good. Hope this helps!

Old 05-21-2007, 11:56 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had it a few years ago when job required excessive standing.
Doc gave me two corticone shots in the tendon and inserts for
my shoes. That and 10 days off the foot it went away.
Have a reoccurrance now and then but goes away in a day or two.

ORIGINAL: bucs012

I have Plantar Fasciitis (kinda like heel spur) but it is caused by the over straining of your ligament on the bottom of your foot. Makes your heel hurt like Hell sometimes.

Any way. Was wondering if any others out there have this and what you do to help with the pain besides popping Ibuprofen and stretching out your heel a lot.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Lil Truckr
Road Captain

Hate to say it, but I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one whose miserable about heal pain. I went to a foot doc and he made me $700 pair of hard inserts which I promptly threw away within a week. I ended up buying a pair of soft inserts that work great. On nights that I come home and the heal is hurtin like hell I have a plastic tub that I fill part way with ice. I stick my sore heal in the ice and just sit and wait while I slowly freeze the pain away...

I had surgery on this heal back in '99 and the pain was gone for a few years but it came back with a vengeance about a year ago. Now its a constant 8 on the pain scale of 1 to 10. I was so miserable that my wife actually allows me to wear a pair of slip on sandals in the house because you're not suppose to walk barefooted with Plantar Fasciitis. Doing so just aggravates it much worse and causemorepain and discomfort...

Old 05-22-2007, 01:10 AM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

had probs as well in the past. Most comfortable tennis shoes I owened were some AVIA casual type all purpose tennis shoe. So comfortable to walk in I ended up with 2 pairs. 6 months later I could hardly get out of bed in the morning. I was literally almost crawling to the bathroom to get ready for work it was so bad. I ended up going back to NIKE tennis shoes and within 10 days... totally gone. Every shoe/boot/tennis-shoe doesn't fit people the same. And dispite how comfortable those AVIAs were they were 'terrible' for my feet. I'm with those here.... that if you can't find footwear that fits you feet well and doesn't relieve you of the pain .... to get some custom orthodics for you feet. Oh... and with my planter issue .... never had it before ... never had it since.

Quick Reply: Any of your riding with Heel Pain?