Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dresser Duals Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 03:25 PM
fate0311
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mirnldi@gmail.com
Dresser duals have a crossover pipe.
does that idle sound fine both sides? maybe I'm over thinking this one.

Old 07-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 126 Posts

Did you try covering the slip on with your hand, to see if you can hear a leak? My cross over pipe on my dresser duals were leaking as yo can see in time you can see the black soot from leaking. Make sure the clamp is positioned right

Old 07-01-2016, 07:32 PM
fate0311
Cruiser
Old 07-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Mirnldi@gmail.com
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fate0311
does that idle sound fine both sides? maybe I'm over thinking this one.
my sound crapped out on my lap top. Try a couple auto tune runs to try and get rid of the pop. Also check your headpipes to make sure they are seated properly. Also retorque the nuts holding the headpipes to the cylinders after a heat cycle. And finally check your crossover connection. The duals sound killer. I love mine with the OS 450s.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:26 PM
TKatt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine sounds the same with the dresser duals, twin slash rounds and FP3 tuner. V&H said the difference in sound from the left (front) to the right (rear) is because of the pipe length for each cylinder. The front has more pipe and a couple of bends to go through to help even out the pulses but the right (rear) is a much shorter pipe and no sharp bends so its a more erratic sound. I did have an exhaust leak from the rear pipe flange at the head that was causing a more distinguished pop from the right side.

Hope that helps some.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:23 PM
fate0311
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TKatt
Mine sounds the same with the dresser duals, twin slash rounds and FP3 tuner. V&H said the difference in sound from the left (front) to the right (rear) is because of the pipe length for each cylinder. The front has more pipe and a couple of bends to go through to help even out the pulses but the right (rear) is a much shorter pipe and no sharp bends so its a more erratic sound. I did have an exhaust leak from the rear pipe flange at the head that was causing a more distinguished pop from the right side.

Hope that helps some.
Hey thanks, I was debating swapping out gaskets on that right side and seeing if it helped but maybe I will hold off.

You said yours popped due to a leak, was it a different pop than what is heard on my video? It tends to have that erratic tone to it on startup the most when it is cold.

Last edited by fate0311; 07-05-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fate0311
So I put V&H Dresser Duals on my bike, I checked for leaks at the header, crossover pipe, and both slip-ons. I used a vacuum hose (as a stethoscope) and I couldn't hear crap...but it was my first time using this method. I have heard it will be very obvious when using the hose, however I wanted to verify before I waisted my time buying hippy incense sticks to smoke test it.

Reason I ask is I'm getting decel pop (GO FIGURE!?)

haha, thanks guys.
Are you having "pop, pa-pop pop pop" on decel or a "POW PA-POW POW POW" on decel? If it's the 1st one and it's not very loud like backfiring, then that's a result of having a "richer" tune, which in completely normal due to increased fuel having a direct relation to increased cooling. Again, this is normal and you'll be fine. However, if it's the loud noises, then you have tuning issues and may be running a little lean. The best thing to do is just ride the bike and pay attention to heat, fuel economy and the overall delivery of power. If everything rides as normal and the bike doesn't feel noticeably hotter and fuel economy is still within 10% of normal, then it's all good. If it's running extremely hot and gas mileage is bad, then you should be worried. A short 10-20 mile trip with varying road conditions will be enough to make a determination. I have had decel pop on my bike since I did the stage ii at 261 miles. My bike now has 26,300 miles and I have had zero issues since. I'm running a pc-v with a downloaded tune from their site. Again...26k miles and no issues. Good luck.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Loc_Tite
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mirnldi@gmail.com
Dresser duals have a crossover pipe.
Not trrying to hijack the thread but I bought what I was told were V&H Dresser Duals for my 08 on here from a member and they don't use a crossover. Did they add a crossover for 09 and up or do I not have what I think I have?

Old 07-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Loc_Tite
Not trrying to hijack the thread but I bought what I was told were V&H Dresser Duals for my 08 on here from a member and they don't use a crossover. Did they add a crossover for 09 and up or do I not have what I think I have?
2008 is the old frame.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Loc_Tite
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
2008 is the old frame.
I get that, but some exhaust manufacturers make an under-frame crossover pipe for the 08 and earlier frame that mimics the stock 09 and later stock exhaust. I'm just asking if anyone who owns or has installed a Vance and Hines Dresser Duals exhaust on an 08 or earlier bike if it has a crossover?

Quick Reply: Dresser Duals Question