Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cell phone and toll money holders

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,563 Likes on 5,783 Posts
Default RE: Cell phone and toll money holders

I use my pockets.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Beancount1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep my cell phone off and in the saddleback. Check for calls when I stop. I've actually seen riders on the highway on their cellphone!

Got tired of fishing for money in my pockets at the toll booth while inpatient drivers steam behind me. Bought an EZ pass holder from JJ cycpass. Attached to the bar of my RK. Works great.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:43 PM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My riding jacket has that handled, phone goes inside chest pocket on vibrate and have shallow zippered pockets at the end of each sleave for singles or change. Although here in IL we have Ipass for the tolls. Just put that in the fairing pocket (I think, haven't done that yet).

Old 05-28-2007, 03:57 PM
jammer25309
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as the toll money issue goes, our tolls here in WV on the turnpike are $1.25 and there are three tolls I have to pass through when headed south. What I do is lay a dollar bill out flat and lay a quarter near one end of the dollar bill, then I fold the quarter inside the dollar bill until it is completely wrapped. I do this for each toll I have to pass throughand then put it inside my vest pocket or whatever pocket I have available and it is really easy to reach inside my pocket and feel each one individually. I stop at the toll and hand one of the folded dollar bills with the quarter inside to the toll clerk, he or sheunfolds it which only takes 5 seconds and I'm on my way! Most toll clerks here in WV are use to bikers doing this and are more appreciate of you quickly handing them the money even if they have to unfold it. They wouldrather us do that than holding up traffic whilewe stop, dig throughour pockets searching for the correct amount of money and holding up traffic.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:24 PM
cobrabob
Road Captain

Keep the cell phone on you. Of course you can't answer or talk on it while you are riding nor would you want to. But if it is in your saddlebag or on your bike somewhere and you go down and get seperated from your bike how are you gonna call for help? Riding the backroads here in Ill. I can sometimes go a long time without seeing another person and the cell phone saved me last year when a deer hit me.

The easy pass stays in a pouch on the windshield

Old 05-28-2007, 09:31 PM
FLHSbob
Cruiser

Don't know how much the coin holder holds, but it looks like you will needseveral on the handlebars if you are passing through NewYork State.

ORIGINAL: the_icemAN

for tolls .... HD does have a little coin holder which does mount to handle bars (7/8" to 1" bars). Says quick dismount of change holder to take with ya:

$19.95

LINK FOR Change Holder