Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Screamin' Eagle High Flow Exhaust System (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1137200-screamin-eagle-high-flow-exhaust-system.html)

dixonk 09-18-2016 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by J_Bob
I'm guessing they want you to have the Nightsticks with the endcap to stay within EPA standards on the 110ci.

That's weird this exhaust is EPA stamped. I don't know if there is a difference in the headpipes not though.

J_Bob 09-18-2016 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by dixonk (Post 15522149)
That's weird this exhaust is EPA stamped. I don't know if there is a difference in the headpipes not though.

Apparently, it's the same headers. Both sets' muffler bodies have catalysts. Again, I'm guessing, but the nightsticks need the end caps to meet EPA sound levels on the 110ci. The street cannons probably pass muster on the 96 and 103.

dixonk 09-18-2016 07:54 PM

Apparently, it's the same headers. Both sets' muffler bodies have catalysts. Again, I'm guessing, but the nightsticks need the end caps to meet EPA sound levels on the 110ci. The street cannons probably pass muster on the 96 and 103.

Didn't think about the sound levels

J_Bob 09-18-2016 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by dixonk (Post 15523951)
Didn't think about the sound levels

Speaking of sound, let's get that clip posted! :icon_teeth:

dixonk 09-18-2016 10:11 PM

Speaking of sound, let's get that clip posted! :icon_teeth:

Ya I meant to do that already. Got sidetracked this weekend.

Thingfish 09-19-2016 03:21 PM

I'm betting your PV tune is going to be much better than the dealer flash. I'd keep it if I were you. I'm thinking these pipes, an Oil Bud, DK's new oil filter relo, and maybe Ward's fans and the heat will be tamed....hopefully.

Gutting the cat would help, but I want my RK to stay relatively mellow.

dixonk 09-19-2016 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Thingfish
I'm betting your PV tune is going to be much better than the dealer flash. I'd keep it if I were you. I'm thinking these pipes, an Oil Bud, DK's new oil filter relo, and maybe Ward's fans and the heat will be tamed....hopefully.

Gutting the cat would help, but I want my RK to stay relatively mellow.

I have the wards fans already. Will be keeping the PV tune as fueling is spot on perfect right now. Don't think I need any of the other stuff. The heat is almost a non issue now.

Thingfish 09-19-2016 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by dixonk (Post 15526126)
I have the wards fans already. Will be keeping the PV tune as fueling is spot on perfect right now. Don't think I need any of the other stuff. The heat is almost a non issue now.

I'm glad to hear that. I was hoping to not have to mess with oil routing...just adds more links in the chain for potential leaks. He's not taking orders at the moment, but I'll put a deposit on the Ward's when he opens again.

dixonk 09-19-2016 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Thingfish
I'm glad to hear that. I was hoping to not have to mess with oil routing...just adds more links in the chain for potential leaks. He's not taking orders at the moment, but I'll put a deposit on the Ward's when he opens again.

His fans are worth the wait. I love them. Plus they are a great conversation starter because everyone will ask you what they are and remind you you're bike is still running when you switch off. As for rerouting oil filters and such I wouldn't want to do that. For one it's ugly and secondly I wouldn't want lines running under the bike opening up endless possibilities of failure or catastrophe. It seems the results would be negligible at best.

dixonk 09-26-2016 02:18 PM

Finally got around to making a video. Excuse the crappy iPhone recording: