Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Review - UltraCool Reefer 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 02:26 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,713 Likes on 1,988 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarkus60
I would like to see pics of it mounted on the bike, if possible.

Old 05-05-2017, 02:31 PM
bogiediver
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doh - should'a thought of that...

I'll update the review over the weekend with a couple of those and post here as well...

Old 05-05-2017, 05:04 PM
Tarkus60
Road Warrior

Received 303 Likes on 218 Posts

Thanks....

Old 05-05-2017, 06:11 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,525 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Originally Posted by bogiediver
Doh - should'a thought of that...

I'll update the review over the weekend with a couple of those and post here as well...
When you re do the review of your review, we will review the review of your review - for your review, of course.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:08 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

Not saying the product is good or bad but he gets free products for writing reviews and posting them on many forums, I will take the word of someone who paid for it anyday over these kind of reviews. He will respond saying he only gives honest reviews and slam me but ask yourself this, would companies be willing to give him free products if he went on all the forums slamming their product.

The following users liked this post:
Tired (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 08:55 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

For all the you " paranoid types " i have to 1st say i have " absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with Ultracool "& OR " DONT BENEFIT AT ALL IN ANY WAY " before i post my 1st hand exp with Ultracools fan assisted oil cooler.

I installed an ultracool oil cooler on my 09 FLHTCU stock 96" 2yrs ago /approx 16-18k miles ago and for it's worked well thus far.

The fan assist oil cooler reduced oil temp up to 50deg f in 85-90+ deg f summer heat resulted in multiple improvements in engine perf and overall rider comfort right off the bat which are as follows.

And keep in mind when you reduce oil temp 50deg f it also significantly reduces engine temp @ the same time too.

SO HERE ARE ALL THE BENEFITS I GOT ON MY 09 FLHTCU POST INSTALLING THE UTRACOOL FAN ASSISTED OIL COOLER THAT
NON FAN ASSSIT OIL COOLERS CAN'T MATCH SITTING STILL &
STOPLIGHTS & OR WHEN @ SLOW ROAD SPEED:

* MOTOR STOPPED DETONATING ON HD'S REC 91 OCTANE FUEL FOR THE STOCK 96" MOTORS 9.2 COMPRESSION ENABLING ME TO NOT HAVE TO RUN MORE EXPENSIVE PREM 93 FUEL ANYMORE TO REDUCE BUT NOT ALWAYS STOP THE DETONATION ESP IN SUMMER HEAT.

* OIL PRESSURE IN SUMMER HEAT BEFORE INSTALLING THE FAN ASSIST OIL COOLER WAS 7-8PSI @ IDLE & 32-35ISH @ CRUISE.

POST INSTALLING ULTRACOOL'S FAN ASSIST OIL COOLER OIL PRESSURE IN 85-90+ DEG SUMMER HEAT @ IDLE IS NOW 17-18PSI @ IDLE & 45-47PSI @ CRUISE WHICH IS GREAT IMPROVEMENT!

* VALVES/LIFTERS NOW REMAIN QUIET WHICH IS NICE TO THE EARS EVERY MINUTE YOUR RIDING!

* MOTOR NOW RETAINS ALL THE PWR/TRQ & CRISP THROTTLE RESPONSE IT USED TO ALWAYS LOOSE IN SUMMER HEAT,ANOTHER GREAT IMPROVEMENT YOU CAN REALLY FEEL ALL THE TIME!

* HOT STARTS LIKE FOR EX POST FUELING UP IN SUMMER HEAT ARE EASIER/FASTER BECAUSE STARTER/BATTERY/MOTOR AREN'T AS HEAT SOAKED WHICH IS NICE NOT HAVING TO HEAR THE MOTOR HESITATE ON HOT STARTS ANYMORE.

* THERE IS ALSO NOTICEABLY LESS HEAT COMING FROM THE MOTOR & EXHAUST SO THERE IS A BIT LESS HEAT HITTING ME & THE WIFE TOO!,ANOTHER GREAT IMPROVEMENT!

* THE OIL RUNNING 50DEG F COOLER(MEANS MOTORS RUNNING COOLER TOO!) IN SUMMER HEAT SHOULD MAKE IT A LITTLE EASIER ON ALL RUBBER SEALS LIKE FOR EX VALVE SEALS,GASKETS IN GENERAL,ELECTRONICS LIKE FOR EX THE STATOR INSIDE PRIM CASE OR COILS MOUNTED BEHIND REAR CYL ETC LIKELY EXTENDING THEIR SRV'C LIFE A BIT ALONG THE WAY TOO.

Adder,forgot to mention i also installed Wards cooling fans but they target cooling heads and upper cyls but didnt make much if any dif/reduction in overall oil temp on my basically stock 09 96" motor before and after installing them.

Think thats mainly because there isnt much oil in head area @ any one time so even though they are in fact effective @ reducing head/upper cyl temp Wards fans (Guess " Mighty-Myte by Love Jugs?) they were never designed to be as effective at reducing overall engine oil temp as a fan assisted oil cooler is which i found to be the case on my bike when doing testing with the Wards fans on my bike in summer heat.

But with that said still think Wards Fans are well worth installing because they are effective @ reducing head temp which test data shows is the case.

SCOTT

Last edited by wscott; 05-05-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:11 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,525 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Price will be a concern to most, too.
Will the Ultra Cool Reefer 2.0 be priced by the unit, or by the ounce?

Old 05-06-2017, 06:47 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

wscott, I installed the Jagg fan assisted oil cooler and Wards fans and saw many of the benefits you listed too, my guess is the Ultracool will produce similar results. I'm not paranoid like you suggest and your post is a help to others I'm sure. My issue is guys like bogie who get free products for doing reviews on forums without disclosing it, I feel their reviews offer little or no value as they are biased plus they are basically giving the vendor free advertising on sites that charge for running ads and I've seen him do reviews on here in the past for vendors who are not sponsors which is totally wrong in my opinion.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:00 AM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
wscott, I installed the Jagg fan assisted oil cooler and Wards fans and saw many of the benefits you listed too, my guess is the Ultracool will produce similar results. I'm not paranoid like you suggest and your post is a help to others I'm sure.
Be skeptical of the fantastical claims made by the legendary forum member that you replied to in this thread. Especially the 45-47 psi oil pressure he claims to show in cruise due to his magical "twin-cooling" modification. My understanding is that if your oil pressure gauge is accurate, and the stock oil pressure relief valve is functioning properly, you won't see 47 psi in cruise. Below is some information I just found from E.R.T. PRODUCTS, INC. (I have no affiliation to this company) that would suggest that 47 psi in cruise is not "a great improvement." I'd be curious to hear from the more knowledgeable members regarding the information I posted.

DJK

Harley Davidson Twin Cam Engines:
Cold engine start-up: around 44-50 psi
Warm engine at 55 mph and up: 30 to 38 psi
Warm engine At idle: at least 10 psi

WHAT SHOULD MY OIL PRESSURE BE?

Above is the Harley-Davidson oil specs, this is the range that you want to run in. We strictly adhere to the manufacturers recommended minimum and maximum oil pressures. Do not go beyond the recommended oil pressure at 55 m.p.h. and up. Above these pressures, it is possible to start starving the lower end oil supply!

High Oil Pressure

With that being said, if you are running excess oil pressure over 36 p.s.i. and up with a warm engine at highway speeds 55 m.p.h. and up, there is a possibility of either

Starving the lower end

Having too much oil pressure
that causes "skidding" on the
rods lower roller bearings.

Too much oil causes the roller bearings to skid around the crank pin instead of spinning causing the bearings to develop flat spots.

This can only occur when running oil pressure that is out of the specifications that Harley-Davidson recommends!

Old 05-06-2017, 09:37 AM
bogiediver
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Been chastised again by a moderator selectively enforcing rules.

As far as TJ316 - you're welcome to your opinion as are others. Do this as a hobby. some are bought, some are provided.

To not cause further consternation to the members and moderators - signing off.

Quick Reply: A Review - UltraCool Reefer 2.0