Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed a LeNale fan last night

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 05:56 PM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

I have or had been running one since 2008 but the other day it just up and quit just like that. Cant have but 6 or 8 hours on it total.
I have searched the net and finding some the right rpm but not in the 90mm or 3 5/8" size. Everything with the right rpm is 120mm, way to big.
BTY I relocated my horn inside the lowers, plenty loud, cant even tell the difference.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:58 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,683 Likes on 5,204 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Me
I have or had been running one since 2008 but the other day it just up and quit just like that. Cant have but 6 or 8 hours on it total.
I have searched the net and finding some the right rpm but not in the 90mm or 3 5/8" size. Everything with the right rpm is 120mm, way to big.
BTY I relocated my horn inside the lowers, plenty loud, cant even tell the difference.
Contact Lenale if it is out of warranty they will still repair is at a low cost. The fan has been upgraded sense 2008

Old 05-23-2017, 05:45 AM
Tarkus60
Road Warrior

Received 303 Likes on 218 Posts

I had a wolo on my previous bike. So do my buddy. I used it all the time. Especially at intersections. They get the attention of distracted cagers,

Old 05-23-2017, 06:15 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,746 Likes on 1,559 Posts

I ran one that worked great for three years and then failed. I sold the bike without fixing it.
I have a brand new one sitting in a box that I often forget about (I had bought two) for some future day that I have a bike that isn't twin-cooled.

Installed the horn under the right side cover under the seat. Worked well.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:21 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingCop
Took a couple hours for a not very handy perfectionist. But it works great and while it may be noisy with the bike OFF, it's barely audible while idling and completely inaudible while riding. I will keep you guys up to date regarding durability and customer service. So far it works well and looks great.

Ben
I have a Lenale sitting in a box in my living rm, just hoping to get time to install it. I love the look of the fan and think it looks way better then the horn housing that it replaces. Really good to see your post and any updates!

I had two things this spring to install, the other was HD ElectraGlow Saddle Bag lights. Got the lights on last week because that was the simplest of the two as far as time goes. Wow, nice and bright, im impressed with the whole kit as it came and have come to expect that from Harley.

Anyway, I got the Lenale figured out, took some thinking for me.
( I think way too much)

1. I want to move one "pin" in the Lenale wire-harness plug so I can turn the fan on using the "Aux" switch under the handle bars of my Road King.
However, moving the pin in the plug for some reason is not as easy as others, with that said, will install it for now and use the switch on the fan housing but will try one more time.

2. Im not as brave and still want a horn, but you are right, when I think about it, not sure if I ever used it effectively to beep at someone.

I have the horn figured out too. I dont want to mount the horn with the Lenale kit, I also dont want or need that huge chrome housing hanging off the lower part of the bike and after thinking about it, think that chrome housing is ugly and out of place on other places of the bike, maybe.

Solution for me is easy, I bought a strip of aluminum bar from Home Depot. About one inch wide, I will cut a piece a few inches long, mount the horn to it and mount the unit (horn and aluminum strip), bare, with no horn cover right above the oil cooler.
Will be super simple to mount. Will first stick it on with heavy duty double sided 3m tape and then simply use fasteners through the two holes already on the motorcycle cross-brace right above the oil cooler.
The naked horn is black, the oil cooler black, hoses black, so the black horn will just look like it belongs there as far as what I like.

Now just the time to do it. Wondering if I have to pull the gas tank is my last thought, but think I can get the horn wire through the OEM wire protector housing already there without pulling the tank, maybe use a fireglass rod to push the wire through to the front.

Last edited by alarmdoug; 05-23-2017 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:18 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingCop
Took a couple hours for a not very handy perfectionist. But it works great and while it may be noisy with the bike OFF, it's barely audible while idling and completely inaudible while riding. I will keep you guys up to date regarding durability and customer service. So far it works well and looks great.

Ben

Ben,

Just curious as I know you posted that you didn't care for the little copy cat fans that love jugs is now producing to trick the Sensors.

Is the LeNale fan working well for you? It's a good looking fan!

I had to look twice because I thought it was just a horn cover.

My bro just installed a JIMS Forced Air fan on his S&S 124" RGS and he's pretty happy with it.

Cheers.

YB

Old 05-23-2017, 07:37 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

You removed the horn.....? so how does your bike pass inspection?

Old 05-23-2017, 08:36 AM
RoadKingCop
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

AlarmDoug

I ended up pulling the tank for the first time to do this. It made the installation so much easier. There was an accessory plug in front of my seat and it plugged right up to the LeNale. I didn't have to splice or relocate an wires. It works with the flip of the ACC switch. Not gonna lie. I learned a LOT from the install.

Ben

Old 05-23-2017, 08:37 AM
RoadKingCop
Tourer

What inspection? I live in Ga!!!

The Lenale moves a LOT of hot air away from the "v" area. That was my goal. It hits both the front and rear fins really well. I highly recommend it so far.

As far as the small dual fans pointing at the temp sensors, I'm 100% convinced that the Love Jugs and Wards may actually do damage by tricking the temp sensors and therefore the ecm into thinking that the bike is cooler than it actually is.

The goal is to remove heat. Not cool sensors.

Ben

Last edited by RoadKingCop; 05-23-2017 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 05-23-2017, 08:48 AM
RoadKingCop
Tourer

With regards to the horn. Every time I've hit the horn in an emergency situation, I've inevitably hit the left turn signal because that's where the SIREN switch is on my work bike.

My plan is to eventually add the horn back. Just haven't come up with a plan yet. No hurry since I never use it and I'm not selling the bike any time soon.

09Yellowbird, I liked the Jims as well. It looks a lot more stock. It just cost significantly more.

Ben

Last edited by RoadKingCop; 05-23-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Installed a LeNale fan last night