Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   HD Electra Glo Saddle Bag Lights (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1184017-hd-electra-glo-saddle-bag-lights.html)

2015RG 06-24-2017 12:13 PM

HD Electra Glo Saddle Bag Lights

I just purchased a pair of the Electra Glo LED saddle bag lights for my 15 RGS. I understand they're supposedly "plug and play" however, I haven't been able to locate a single instructional video on the install. I'm sure many of you have this set up and would appreciate some feedback on the best method of installation.

mkguitar 06-24-2017 12:48 PM

for the older version ( like my 09) the lights plug into the accessory plug using the run, brake and ground pins-
(the acc pin is unused and can be accessed by inserting pin into the block if you add something later)

i think on your model the acc plug is under the left side cover

mine came with instructions-

I drilled a small hole in the saddlebag, de-pinned the wires from the connector block, passed the wires through the hole, reinserted the pins and plugged into the Y cable which is plugged into the acc plug

Mike

wmprof 06-24-2017 01:26 PM

Ones for 14 and up are very easy. They came with instructions, right? Just follow the instructions, no video necessary. Yes, Plug and play.

lefty33 06-24-2017 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by mkguitar (Post 16369983)
for the older version ( like my 09) the lights plug into the accessory plug using the run, brake and ground pins-
(the acc pin is unused and can be accessed by inserting pin into the block if you add something later)

i think on your model the acc plug is under the left side cover

mine came with instructions-

I drilled a small hole in the saddlebag, de-pinned the wires from the connector block, passed the wires through the hole, reinserted the pins and plugged into the Y cable which is plugged into the acc plug

Mike

Hey Mike! Don't mean to hi-jack this thread but which exact lights are you using for pre-Rushmore bikes...OEM HD issue? The only ones I see are the ones that are installed under the bottom rear of the saddlebags and not sure I like them there as you'd have to be real careful when removing the saddlebag and setting them down.

mkguitar 06-24-2017 02:07 PM

mine are the ElectraGlo saddlebag latches

since my bike is red they kinda blend in.
at night they do help with visibility

when I hit he brake they go off for a sec then back on

mike

lefty33 06-24-2017 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by mkguitar (Post 16370107)
mine are the ElectraGlo saddlebag latches

since my bike is red they kinda blend in.
at night they do help with visibility

when I hit he brake they go off for a sec then back on

mike

OK...Thx! I like the ElectraGlo lights that go on the back of the saddlebags, just under the lids...but made only for Rushmore. Oh well...back to looking...and the OP's quest to get his installed.

talkingrock 06-24-2017 02:40 PM

I have these on my 2016 SGS and they are bright

2015RG 06-24-2017 04:17 PM

Do they plug in under the seat on a 15RGS or side cover? Possible photo is one has one.

penmaker 06-24-2017 06:24 PM

Did you buy them used with no instructions? The instructions are very clear. They should come with an adapter to plug into the harness under your seat.

OldMike 06-24-2017 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by penmaker (Post 16370620)
Did you buy them used with no instructions? The instructions are very clear. They should come with an adapter to plug into the harness under your seat.

On the Harley site you can get a PDF of the instructions for any part number light they sell.