Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmissioin noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 08:40 AM
raynald
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmissioin noise

I have a 2009 FLH electra glide ultra classic I had a problem with my compensator sprocket so I had it changed for a screaming eagle compensator one. Less than 3000 km latter problem has returned so had the compensator changed again but put back the stock model. This seems to be good but since I changed the compensator I have a new noise a kind of ( tok-tok-tok ) it seems to be coming from the right side and it only does the noise when engine is hot after at least 40 mins of riding and only does it in neutral with clutch released if you squezze in the clutch it stops. Release the clutch noise returns if you give a bit of gas while in neutral the noise is done a little bit faster the more you give gas the faster the ( tok-tok-tok ) until the sound of the mufflers burry the sound of this noise. The noise wasn t there with the old compensator neither with the screaming eagle one. Any idea what could be the cause.