Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight: Aftermarket or Harley brand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 06:38 PM
2ROWDY
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Harglide
Thanks for that. Why does it need a ring??
It’s an adaptor because the back of the sunpie light sits so much deeper in the fairing. It doesn’t look odd or anything once you get it installed.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Hoginedgewood
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,190 Likes on 652 Posts

I have Truk Lite led, seems to light the road signs and I feel seen very good, but I don’t feel like the road illuminates with as much improvement.
Hope that makes sense.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Rurlndum
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Installed the Sunpie LED light I bought from Amazon a few days ago and adjusted it according to the FSM. I run with the high beam and have noticed that when opposing traffic sees me coming they repeatedly move over slightly to their right side of the road. I only ride on two lane rural Nevada roads so I am very aware of an approaching vehicle's position in their lane. Would have to doubt that I am blinding anyone as no one has extended a middle finger to me yet. This is one very visible headlamp and even if it craps out in the next year I would still replace it with another Sunpie. Bright colored clothing is fine but some research shows that opposing motorists see the motorcycle's headlight first. Never ever going back to a front incandescent bulb system on a motorcycle. No comment on night performance as I don't ride at night anymore. Also gave up night flying in my little Cessna over the Sierra Nevada in the pitch dark. According to the very British Mr. Lucas also known as the "Prince of Darkness", "A proper gentleman does not motor about after dark." Love my new forward visibility!

Old 11-07-2017, 07:46 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by Rurlndum
Installed the Sunpie LED light I bought from Amazon a few days ago and adjusted it according to the FSM. I run with the high beam and have noticed that when opposing traffic sees me coming they repeatedly move over slightly to their right side of the road. I only ride on two lane rural Nevada roads so I am very aware of an approaching vehicle's position in their lane. Would have to doubt that I am blinding anyone as no one has extended a middle finger to me yet. This is one very visible headlamp and even if it craps out in the next year I would still replace it with another Sunpie. Bright colored clothing is fine but some research shows that opposing motorists see the motorcycle's headlight first. Never ever going back to a front incandescent bulb system on a motorcycle. No comment on night performance as I don't ride at night anymore. Also gave up night flying in my little Cessna over the Sierra Nevada in the pitch dark. According to the very British Mr. Lucas also known as the "Prince of Darkness", "A proper gentleman does not motor about after dark." Love my new forward visibility!
If you're looking for more visibility in the daytime the DK LED bulb is much brighter than the Sunpie in the daylight. I've had both.

The following 2 users liked this post by golfblues:
DK Custom - ST (11-08-2017), Rurlndum (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Harglide
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
If you're looking for more visibility in the daytime the DK LED bulb is much brighter than the Sunpie in the daylight. I've had both.
I have looked up "DK LED" ON their site, and cannot find anything for MC.
Is this a bulb replacement, or what? I would like to do the same for the spots as well. Heck, if I can do a bulb replacement only, that would be great. Is that possible?
Seriously, this is new to me, and I welcome all inputs....

Old 11-08-2017, 07:18 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Is this a bulb replacement, or what? I would like to do the same for the spots as well. Heck, if I can do a bulb replacement only, that would be great. Is that possible?
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/prem...-h4-hl-led.htm

Passing bulbs available too. Very bright.

The following 2 users liked this post by golfblues:
DK Custom - ST (11-08-2017), Harglide (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 07:42 AM
d_slat
Road Warrior
Received 604 Likes on 307 Posts

The dk customs bulbs
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/dual...ual-hl-led.htm

I personally would recommend paradise lighting. It's what I put in my 17 SG
Super Bright Harley Headlight Dual-bulb LED Kit for Street Glide,Road King or CVO With 2 Bulb Headlight
Amazon Amazon

The following 2 users liked this post by d_slat:
DK Custom - ST (11-08-2017), Harglide (11-08-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 10:43 PM
Melroy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoginedgewood
I have Truk Lite led, seems to light the road signs and I feel seen very good, but I don’t feel like the road illuminates with as much improvement.
Hope that makes sense.
Had the TL7 and thought it illuminated great around the city and on the interstate. I was not so impressed on the real dark country roads in northern WI where theres no other lighting on the roads. Bought a Eagle lites led and couldn't be more happy on those same roads. Really lights up the night

Old 11-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

Another vote for Sunpies on Amazon. Took me 15 minutes to install all 3 lights. Bright, very bright.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:33 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,798 Likes on 1,675 Posts

I have the Sunpies on both the Heritage and the Limited. Couldn't be happier. Got 2 headlights and 4 spots for a fraction of what Harley wants for just the headlight. As someone above mentioned, the adapter ring is needed for the batwing.

Quick Reply: Headlight: Aftermarket or Harley brand?