Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Tested Several Seats Today (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1201035-tested-several-seats-today.html)

Bafflingbs 10-05-2017 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Hoyt 1911A1 (Post 16690479)
Thanks for sharing this info with us.

I have a 2010 Ultra Classic and am 6.2" tall. I've had to modify most of my bikes by moving the foot pegs forward and down to keep from being rocked back on my tailbone. With the Ultra Classic I have not found a way to lower the floorboards, so I get a sore tailbone after a few hours. Using highway pegs helps a little, but I was still thinking a better seat might help.

I was thinking of a Tallboy seat, but from what I have seen I would have to give up my backrest which I am not willing to do.

Do you recall what they were asking for the Hammock seat?

The Hammock was $500 something, the Tallboy was $350 and you can use a back rest for either. I really loved that Hammock seat. Wish my wife liked it as much as I did, but she's skinny, and felt like she swished around without support.

lefty33 10-06-2017 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Hoyt 1911A1 (Post 16690479)
Thanks for sharing this info with us.

I have a 2010 Ultra Classic and am 6.2" tall. I've had to modify most of my bikes by moving the foot pegs forward and down to keep from being rocked back on my tailbone. With the Ultra Classic I have not found a way to lower the floorboards, so I get a sore tailbone after a few hours. Using highway pegs helps a little, but I was still thinking a better seat might help.

I was thinking of a Tallboy seat, but from what I have seen I would have to give up my backrest which I am not willing to do.

Do you recall what they were asking for the Hammock seat?

Hey Hoyt...similar situation to you at 6'3" everything was just way too cramped for me on my 2012 UC. Do yourself a favour and check out the Tall Boy Cycles Relocation Brackets at...https://www.tallboyscycles.com. The Kit moves the footboards forward 2”, lowering them 2” and moving the footboards downward a total of 2 ½” in the heal. Yes, you have to trim your lowers a bit but the new position & comfort is far superior.

I also tried a few seats and settled on the Hammock. I was told the pre 2014 Hammock is cut back a bit further (about 1") which also helps stretch out a bit more. Found a used one for a great price...check the classified here as they come up for sale. Backrest works great with the Hammock. With this setup, plus highway pegs & higher (10") bars...super comfy now and can ride all day.

ChaseTheRide 10-06-2017 10:10 AM

As a few people have brought up keep the stock seat (slimmer look) and get the seat that works for longer rides. Had the Hammock on my RK and hated the look, however loved the ride. Plan was to swap seats back and forth, however ended up with a much more expensive option of swapping bikes ;)

Layne87 02-21-2018 01:33 PM

Just came across your post...you indicated the tall boy set you back an inch...how about the height change?

Thanks!

Killa 02-21-2018 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by lefty33 (Post 16708491)
Hey Hoyt...similar situation to you at 6'3" everything was just way too cramped for me on my 2012 UC. Do yourself a favour and check out the Tall Boy Cycles Relocation Brackets at...https://www.tallboyscycles.com. The Kit moves the footboards forward 2”, lowering them 2” and moving the footboards downward a total of 2 ½” in the heal. Yes, you have to trim your lowers a bit but the new position & comfort is far superior.

I also tried a few seats and settled on the Hammock. I was told the pre 2014 Hammock is cut back a bit further (about 1") which also helps stretch out a bit more. Found a used one for a great price...check the classified here as they come up for sale. Backrest works great with the Hammock. With this setup, plus highway pegs & higher (10") bars...super comfy now and can ride all day.

Hey Lefty, just checked-out the floorboard relocation kit, I'm 6'3" also and feel cramped-up on my ultra. I'm anxious to get them ordered and on the bike. Many thanks for that info

nobodyknowsme 02-21-2018 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Killa (Post 17112895)
Hey Lefty, just checked-out the floorboard relocation kit, I'm 6'3" also and feel cramped-up on my ultra. I'm anxious to get them ordered and on the bike. Many thanks for that info

Don't feel like I am hijacking a thread since it is old so will offer this. Years ago I put the XL Cyclesmiths Banana Boards on my Road King which I still have. Love them so much I put them on my new RGS. Best comfort mos I have ever made to any bike. Well, a backrest is nice as well but...

lefty33 02-21-2018 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Killa (Post 17112895)

Glad to hear Killa...you won't be disappointed. For even more comfort, add some extended shift levers & rear brake pedal. Let me know if you need more help spending your hard earned money :D

Bafflingbs 02-21-2018 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Layne87 (Post 17112693)
Just came across your post...you indicated the tall boy set you back an inch...how about the height change?

Thanks!

I didn't notice much of a change, if any.

lefty33 02-21-2018 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme (Post 17112927)
Don't feel like I am hijacking a thread since it is old so will offer this. Years ago I put the XL Cyclesmiths Banana Boards on my Road King which I still have. Love them so much I put them on my new RGS. Best comfort mos I have ever made to any bike. Well, a backrest is nice as well but...

If I didn't have the lowers, those boards would be on my bike...stat! :icon_toast:

Wildon883R 02-23-2018 08:41 PM

Hammock is phenomenal seat for rider and passenger. It raised me up about an inch but i welcomed that. No fore or aft movement experienced. HUGE difference on rough roads.