Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Complaint Department

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 03:58 AM
stumpedmech88b
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You Are Right

You're right, and a lot of people don't understand the 88B had two things working against it. One was the valve guides and the other was the cam chain tensioner (which I didn't bring up). The latter is the proof I didn't do anything stupid with the bike like burnouts, etc..... What pisses me off is I like riding solo and can't quite explain what it's like riding through the Smokies, through "real" New Mexico like Datil, Reserve, or blasting through Julian or even Glamis on the West Coast. I'm ending a lifestyle of making things work in the worst possible circumstance but have to put my ride on the "truck of shame" to haul her back home. She's still has dirt on her from the Outer Banks to Borrego Springs. All because someone wanted to cut corners. Is this the best Harley can do? Well, I have every right to ask that question. Didn't mean to **** so many people off but; I don't, have a permanent garage yet.

I can't just replace her engine with something like the T111. I'm going to have to crack the case on my own and I'm good with that. What pisses me off is every time I stopped in a dealership my rags got faded and more faded. The more faded they became the more I became invisible. Those cracked valve guides were just shitty engineering. The only thing a Harley Rep could tell me was "Well it's time to buy a new bike". Hence, my true aggression.

I bought the bike due to the true name of those who built her and those before her. It wasn't a lifestyle, it's been a journey through some really bad assed weather and awesome sites! I've spent months, years abroad only yearning to come home and feel the resonance of her engine, her pipes, to only disappear across the horizon to work my own stuff out alone. I never asked anyone for anything! And then she died. So, you are right, and there is a lot of good feed back on this website. I'm just venting for now and for that! I apologize.

Attached Thumbnails  HD Complaint Department-heads.jpg  
Old 03-18-2018, 07:38 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

You can get a new engine from the Longblock program.
https://www.harley-davidson.com/cont...ing_Retail.pdf

It is common knowledge that the Cam Chain Tensioners should be checked before 30k miles, and eventually upgraded. I did the SE Cam Chain Tensioner and Oil Pump upgrade at 32k.
It annoys me that Harley cuts corners, but my Harley has been much more reliable than my Kawasaki.

Old 04-17-2018, 02:17 PM
Seller
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can not tell you a good or bad Harley-Davidson motorcycle, but I can describe how an official dealer in Russia sells with the support of the official representation of Harley-Davidson in Russia (instructive and not funny).
I wanted to buy a new Harley-Davidson motorcycle from an official dealer in Russia. The official dealer was selected "Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Limited" - a new one, without mileage. The price, terms of delivery were agreed in advance. The Contractor was signed by the Seller and the Buyer and billed for payment, but the next day before payment, the manager called and said that my motorcycle was sold. An alternative option in return was not offered to me. After a written request to the official dealer (Seller) and the representative office of Harley-Davidson in Russia, a new commercial offer was sent for the same motorcycle, but the price increased by $ 5,000 (one day). Here, as happens In Russia, "Harley-Davidson". On my appeals to Harley-Davidson Russia to clarify the situation of such incomprehensible sales, I did not get an answer. I think this is a normal situation for sales representatives of "Harley-Davidson" in Russia - to lure the buyer an interesting price, when he agrees to raise the price of a motorcycle. This is not the first case of fraudulent sales from Harley-Davidson, last year a similar situation was with another official dealer in another city.
Result - respect yourself and your money. If you earned and decided to buy a motorcycle for the price of an apartment, choose the right vendors and brand. There are many other worthy brands where the customer is valued and loved. Beware not of honest contractual relations from official dealers of the "American legend". It's a shame and not good for such a "sales".

Old 04-17-2018, 09:43 PM
Rob175
Road Warrior
Received 639 Likes on 390 Posts

My advice.....get the hell out of Russia!

Old 04-18-2018, 12:05 AM
Seller
Stage III

Motorcyclists of all countries are not politicians. But HARLEY-DAVIDSON did not last long in Russia with such sales,
Maybe someone has a contact (mail) to the president of HARLEY-DAVIDSON USA to write, so he understands the situation?

Last edited by Seller; 04-18-2018 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:57 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishguy001
Maybe if you put on paper it goes to someone who can actually read ?
S'pose they can't read cursive?????

Old 04-19-2018, 12:11 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,246 Likes on 8,381 Posts

Originally Posted by beaucoup_dinkydow
wondering if Helen Waite is Jack Mihoff's sister?
Mike Hunt's cousin?
With the dueling banjos?

When a lady did a left turn in front of me on my sig bike (pictured) back in Jan. of `15 I went down as I avoided her when I swerved into the center turning lane and hit some pea gravel. `Woulda stayed up otherwise. I had engine guards on the bike, and the damage was not all that bad. I would have guessed at max about $4K for repairs. Anyway, when I took it back to my dealer for an estimate they ended up totaling it. I was making payments on it for about a year and a half from an $18K loan. When they totaled it they listed everything under the sun as damaged, even when most of what they showed wasn`t. So, I took it to another HD dealer, and that one showed even more to repair it, and totaled it as well. Since it was totaled and had to be paid off immediately, I was out for all of the money I had put into it as payments, plus the title then had to be converted to a salvage title. The choice I was left with was to keep the bike and continue paying on it with a salvaged title, or let the lending agency repo the bike and be left with nothing. I chose the latter. This was nothing more than a scam by HD to try to get me to buy another bike. This dishonest tactic and unfair treatment is what soured me against HD. Also, I had bought a 5 year extended warranty on it in which I had to jump through a bunch of "hoops" to collect the remaining unused portion that was due to me. It took about 6 months for the dealer to get that back for me, which amounted to about $1400. I was lucky to get that. Oh, and I forgot to mention that each dealer charged me $165 and $170 respectively to do the estimates.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-19-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:10 PM
Seller
Stage III

HARLEY-DAVIDSON is probably the only company that does not respect its customers. All companies collect bad reviews about their products and work on them. Solve problems and compensate for losses. Guys with this have to fight. Not good it.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:13 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping
When a lady did a left turn in front of me on my sig bike (pictured) back in Jan. of `15 I went down as I avoided her when I swerved into the center turning lane and hit some pea gravel. `Woulda stayed up otherwise. I had engine guards on the bike, and the damage was not all that bad. I would have guessed at max about $4K for repairs. Anyway, when I took it back to my dealer for an estimate they ended up totaling it. I was making payments on it for about a year and a half from an $18K loan. When they totaled it they listed everything under the sun as damaged, even when most of what they showed wasn`t. So, I took it to another HD dealer, and that one showed even more to repair it, and totaled it as well. Since it was totaled and had to be paid off immediately, I was out for all of the money I had put into it as payments, plus the title then had to be converted to a salvage title. The choice I was left with was to keep the bike and continue paying on it with a salvaged title, or let the lending agency repo the bike and be left with nothing. I chose the latter. This was nothing more than a scam by HD to try to get me to buy another bike. This dishonest tactic and unfair treatment is what soured me against HD. Also, I had bought a 5 year extended warranty on it in which I had to jump through a bunch of "hoops" to collect the remaining unused portion that was due to me. It took about 6 months for the dealer to get that back for me, which amounted to about $1400. I was lucky to get that. Oh, and I forgot to mention that each dealer charged me $165 and $170 respectively to do the estimates.
Sounds way more like an issue with your insurance company than HD.