Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin solo seat

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 10:14 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by judgedelta
Please get back and let us know how that works out for you. From reading the threads on this forum, it appears that with Corbin, like all other seats, both OEM and after-market, some love em' and some hate em'. Give us a report after a week or two, then after a thousand or two miles.
Before the Corbin I had the HD Hammock. The Hammock for me was a nogo, I would get butt burn after 40 miles. Have put 25,000+ miles on the Corbin Dual-Tour with zero issues. However, Corbin's are like Dale Earnhardt Sr. you either love um or hate um.

The following users liked this post:
INJEKTER (12-11-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 12:09 PM
glcash
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

MY 2016

hbsoldier3 (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 12:23 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Here ya go man. Sorry the pics are less than ideal and I would swap them but have to leave on business trip shortly. The one on the left is stock and both are hanging out of the way. Your Corbin was much nicer than mine, at least in appearance but apparently many are. Picked mine up from a member here for a decent price. Best of luck and it's all good.

hbsoldier3 (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Mr-Mike
Road Master
Received 179 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
No, I went to Corbin in Hollister two years ago, for the dual-tour seat.
Loved my first Corbin, no brainer on the next I thought. Couldn't be more wrong. What a mess. Their service does suck and they don't stand by their by their product or commitment. They don't really care.

I'm having the whole thing re-done (down to the bare pan, which never fit the bike correctly (even after 2 attempts to correct)) by a leather artisan guy in PA. Corbin refused to replace it in spite of the obvious flaws and mistakes on their part. Too bad for me, 6 months later after sending it back multiple times. I actually don't think they did anything the second time.

Going there in-person should result in your satisfaction I would hope. Good Luck.

hbsoldier3 (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 12:56 PM
gja
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 49 Posts

Not great pix, but gives an idea for the Hollywood Solo. Was worried when I first got it, it was hard as a rock. Love it now. I can ride all day no problem.

Attached Thumbnails Corbin solo seat-646fd5f7-0513-411c-b44d-9bea8fa3ad39.jpg   Corbin solo seat-d4ba5ee7-a3dd-403c-9a80-b7312c87da25.jpeg  
hbsoldier3 (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 01:24 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

As others have said, Corbin customer service is the absolute worst. A few years back they sent me the completely wrong seat and refused to make it right. Had to get my bank involved. Never again for me

hbsoldier3 (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 02:30 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,249 Likes on 812 Posts

Well, google search "Corbin solo Harley Road King" and you'll get plenty of pictures.

if you're having it custom made I'd say focus on the foam and position. I've heard there are secret foam options. Make sure it puts you where you want on the bike. Once it's made, that's done.

ive a close solo and it's my #2 seat. It's definitely a close, but it puts me further back than the stock sea at. It's not anything like close.

the seat pan is a poor fit, and it rides on some buttons that are quite haphazardly positioned on the pan. The tongue required reworking in order to sorta fit the bike frame.

it is not an all day seat for me. After ~4-6 hours, my backside is starting to hurt. Partially because of seat shape, partially because it's carved from a stone. All in all, I'd grade mine a B.

That said, it sure is pretty! With the seat rail, they're even prettier, at least to my eye.

hbsoldier3 (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 03:56 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
Well, google search "Corbin solo Harley Road King" and you'll get plenty of pictures.

if you're having it custom made I'd say focus on the foam and position. I've heard there are secret foam options. Make sure it puts you where you want on the bike. Once it's made, that's done.

ive a close solo and it's my #2 seat. It's definitely a close, but it puts me further back than the stock sea at. It's not anything like close.

the seat pan is a poor fit, and it rides on some buttons that are quite haphazardly positioned on the pan. The tongue required reworking in order to sorta fit the bike frame.

it is not an all day seat for me. After ~4-6 hours, my backside is starting to hurt. Partially because of seat shape, partially because it's carved from a stone. All in all, I'd grade mine a B.

That said, it sure is pretty! With the seat rail, they're even prettier, at least to my eye.

I have a Limited, but any pic is better than no pics. This will be my second trip to Corbin.

Last edited by hbsoldier3; 12-10-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:21 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,249 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
I have a Limited, but any pic is better than no pics. This will be my second trip to Corbin.
Road King is sorta the naked version of the touring bikes. So it should give you the best view of the seat. That was my thinking.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:38 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 134 Posts

Corbin solo classic with gunfighter backrest and sometimes the pillion

Quick Reply: Corbin solo seat