Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Guy rammed me last night. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1236385-guy-rammed-me-last-night.html)

Allen Riggs 06-01-2018 01:31 PM

Guy rammed me last night.

If you live in Phoenix area, this guy likes to ram motorcycles. He got pissed because he was 5 ft off my back tire and I made a get back motion.

He started throwing stuff at me, swerving to hit me, and then finally he crossed two gore lines to ram me.

I stayed upright and chased him. https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...0397f416aa.jpg

Jumping curbs to get away.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...69f039ae97.jpg

KCFLHRC 06-01-2018 01:34 PM

Well, at least he didn't shoot you dead

SpringerRider 06-01-2018 01:35 PM

That's why I ride packing.

Kawickrice 06-01-2018 01:37 PM

Glad you are ok. What ever happened to common courtesy? Karma is a mofo.

ABQ-Jammer 06-01-2018 01:38 PM

I would have simply called the cops, and showed them the details in the video. Let THEM and the courts take care of him!

Queen-of-Clubs 06-01-2018 01:40 PM

Post the video!

Cowboy Rob 06-01-2018 01:44 PM

Did you call the police and show them the footage of a hit and run?

BTLorys 06-01-2018 02:01 PM

I want to see the video.

On second thought, if the video shows what the thread title suggests... I don't think I do want to see it.

Cygnusx51 06-01-2018 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by BTLorys (Post 17404523)
I want to see the video.

On second thought, if the video shows what the thread title suggests... I don't think I do want to see it.

I was afraid to click on this thread lol

roussfam 06-01-2018 03:40 PM

Or you could have just changed lanes and let him get in front of you :icon_shrug:

Zerk 06-01-2018 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by SpringerRider (Post 17404455)

You are on a bike, he is in a cage. Wouldn't think I would have to point this out.

Originally Posted by Allen Riggs (Post 17404442)
If I made a get back motion.

I stayed upright and chased him.

Jumping curbs to get away.

You are a moron. 100% grade A idiot.

I know we are in post Obama era. But I don't think Harley forums are open enough places, where you should be admitting this.

Allen Riggs 06-01-2018 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer (Post 17404465)
I would have simply called the cops, and showed them the details in the video. Let THEM and the courts take care of him!

I did. They did nothing. His word vs mine.

Me too.

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob (Post 17404484)
Did you call the police and show them the footage of a hit and run?

yep. Damage less than $1000 and his word vs mine. Nothing happened.

Originally Posted by roussfam (Post 17404734)
Or you could have just changed lanes and let him get in front of you :icon_shrug:

I did. That's when he first tried to ram me it was a 15 minute deal.

Originally Posted by Zerk (Post 17404792)
You are on a bike, he is in a cage. Wouldn't think I would have to point this out.

You are a moron. 100% grade A idiot.

he jumped the curb. How am I a moron? I exited the highway, he jumped lanes to ram me

I changed lanes. Let him by. Did all I could to avoid being smashed.

I took an exit to get away. He jumped lanes to ram me. I'm not an idiot. This guy was on a mission to get me.

Originally Posted by Zerk (Post 17404797)
I know we are in post Obama era. But I don't think Harley forums are open enough places, where you should be admitting this.

admit what? That a guy crossed lanes of traffic to ram me? Like I said, he came after me.

Cowboy Rob 06-01-2018 04:42 PM

Let’s see the video.

lp 06-01-2018 04:48 PM

Well that's some shit. Too bad Rob wasn't there. Could have stabbed him!

Cross-link points 100. No person or animal was injured or hurt in this cross-linking session. Made in America. All rights reserved.

Why you being an asshole Zerk? Got problems in life or something? It's ok to hurt. Just need to work through the pain. Hang in there bud.

Zerk 06-01-2018 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Allen Riggs (Post 17404817)
he jumped the curb. How am I a moron? I exited the highway, he jumped lanes to ram me

You said you chased him. After telling him to back off starting this whole thing.

I was almost as dumb as you once I flipped the guy off. When he pulled along side me screaming, I realized how easy it would have been to bump me into the ditch. We were in the middle of nowhere.

When I was 19 two drunks followed me home after I flipped them off in my truck. Gf hit one in the head with an axe handle, and they left.

Originally Posted by Allen Riggs (Post 17404838)
admit what? T.

A guy rammed you last night.

What does this have to do with touring bikes? Did you have to ride to San Francisco?

Originally Posted by lp (Post 17404848)
Why you being an asshole Zerk? Got problems in life or something? It's ok to hurt. Just need to work through the pain. Hang in there bud.

You are an idiot if you screw with cars on a bike. Someone needs to tell you that, if you don't know it.

As for the being rammed part, I am dissapointed in the people here. I figured I would be to late to bring it up. Guys are sure panzies these days.

lp 06-01-2018 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zerk (Post 17404852)
You are an idiot if you screw with cars on a bike. Someone needs to tell you that, if you don't know it.

As for the being rammed part, I am dissapointed in the people here. I figured I would be to late to bring it up.

First off, you need to read the man's post again and stop being an idiot.
He made a motion to tell the guy to back off (everyone's done that), then lets the guy pass, then proceeds to exit the highway. Cager then crossed two lanes to exit with him so he could ram him. OP chases the guy to get his tag. Big whoop.

Second. You ain't perfect. Shut up and let the man have his thread back Mr. Perfect.

roussfam 06-01-2018 05:04 PM

...and away we go :icon_couch:

lp 06-01-2018 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by roussfam (Post 17404859)
...and away we go :icon_couch:

You're welcome. I'm bored. Be right back. I'm gonna go make a sandwich. ;)

Allen Riggs 06-01-2018 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zerk (Post 17404852)

As for the being rammed part, I am dissapointed in the people here. I figured I would be to late to bring it up. Guys are sure panzies these days.

I didn't screw with the car. You're confused.

Originally Posted by zerk (Post 17404842)
you said you chased him. After telling him to back off starting this whole thing.

I was almost as dumb as you once i flipped the guy off. When he pulled along side me screaming, i realized how easy it would have been to bump me into the ditch. We were in the middle of nowhere.

When i was 19 two drunks followed me home after i flipped them off in my truck. Gf hit one in the head with an axe handle, and they left.

i chased him after he rammed me to get his plate number.

Originally Posted by Zerk (Post 17404842)
You said you chased him. After telling him to back off starting this whole thing.

I was almost as dumb as you once I flipped the guy off. When he pulled along side me screaming, I realized how easy it would have been to bump me into the ditch. We were in the middle of nowhere.

When I was 19 two drunks followed me home after I flipped them off in my truck. Gf hit one in the head with an axe handle, and they left.

He was acting like the two drunks in your story. And unlike your girlfriend, I carry Glock and a CRKT neck knife instead of a axe handle. Not that I have anything against axe handles. They just don't fit into my saddlebags all that well.

I'm retired Army (30 years) and a combat vet of two wars. This wasn't the first time some asshole tried to kill me.

pdbuzz 06-01-2018 05:44 PM

Do the local LEOs do anything with the info? Take a report? Anything?

Zerk 06-01-2018 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Allen Riggs (Post 17404883)
He was acting like the two drunks in your story. e.

I was 19. In a truck not a bike.

I carry too. I laught at the idiots who think they are going to shoot some driver, on a bike

Cowboy Rob 06-01-2018 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by lp (Post 17404860)
You're welcome. I'm bored. Be right back. I'm gonna go make a sandwich. ;)

So, what kind did you have? Turkey, ham?

blackxpress 06-01-2018 07:59 PM

Wow Zerk, you need to lighten up. We’ve all been in similar situations. When I was young and dumb I carried used spark plugs in my coat pocket. I would wave them back one time and if they didn’t back off they got a handful of spark plugs. I also had two guns. One in a shoulder rig and the other in an ankle rig to make sure I could get to one of them without letting go of the bars. Never had to shoot anybody but it wasn’t for lack of trying. These days I’m a lot more sensible but I am still known to wave someone back if they ride my back tire. It wasn’t long ago I had trouble with a cager and didn’t even try to wave him back. Speed limit was 40 in a notorious speed trap and I was going maybe 45. Two guys in a 4x4 were riding my back tire. The road doesn’t have a shoulder but I moved all the way to the right and waved them around. They passed me within a few inches, blowing the horn and yelling obscenities and I didn’t even flip them off. I was real proud of myself because, even though I don’t carry the spark plugs anymore I do still have easy access to at least one firearm. All that to say I actually admire the OP’s restraint, assuming he’s giving us the straight story. Some asshole cager does that to me the police will be taking somebody to jail. Probably me. The only difference is I won’t be taking video of the carnage.

wolverinehusky 06-01-2018 08:46 PM

Won't judge anyone who does otherwise, but I won't ever confront a road rager or aggressive driver, whether on a bike or in my truck (and I'm armed). Just not worth it. Every week we read about someone being shot dead or ran over due a road rage incident, and I'm not about to be a statistic. And being armed as a driver isn't all that helpful if the road rager has friends as passengers who are armed. If they get the jump on you (which is likely to happen as you're riding/driving), it isn't going to be pretty.

At the end of the day, a road rager may bother me for an hour at best after the incident. I get more pissed off at a delivery from AMZN being wrong, or some tweaker stealing my mail, etc. Road ragers just don't move the needle for me. If they are stupid enough to follow me…well, let's just hope they don't make a furtive movement if I'm forced to pull over...

Had some young kids in a jeep pull a gun on me and some friends when they though we cut them off. We simply slowed down, called 911, gave the license plate number and moved on.

Following people who clearly have anger issues is a recipe for disaster IMHO, but different strokes for different folks.

All that said, happy you are ok.

Ron750 06-02-2018 03:13 AM

I would have gone to the cops too. I would harass them to do something. If they refuse, just remember “Revenge is a dish best served cold.”

Wisconsin used to be a courteous state, but it's full of jerks too now.

Dehammer 06-02-2018 04:22 AM

Post that video to Youtube. I want to see what LE refused to take a report on. Road Rage is an actual crime out here. Does not track.

roussfam 06-02-2018 06:09 AM

Glad your ok, bike can be fixed, could have turned out worse for sure. Any chance the local news would be interested in a road rage video?

nobodyknowsme 06-02-2018 07:10 AM

None of us were there but the OP and his side of the story, which we have no reason to doubt is true. And many of us carry guns but what would somebody in their right mind do in such a situation other than end up in a gun fight and then in jail. I carry more to protect innocents than myself in such a stupid situation.

I just find it hard to believe the the law won't do something about it, especially if there was damage to the bike. But if there was I missed that part (???)

santajim 06-02-2018 07:10 AM

I feel for the op living in the Phoenix. Almost every day on the news there is a bike down because of a cgaer saying they didn't see them. Arizona probably has more bikes than any other state so they are everywhere but that is no excuse for harassing a biker and we are an open carry state. I have been pushed all over the highway from assholes texting and stuff like that like the guy that carried spark plugs I carry about 10 steelie marbles in my windshield pouch and have used them before. I am not going to take some idiot putting my life in danger because he doesn't like bikes or whatever, I do carry and am not afraid to use it if my life is in danger.

Jackie Paper 06-02-2018 07:15 AM

I know it's hard but two wheels will never win well with road rage. Never motion or gesture to anyone. There are people now that go crazy just looking at them, let alone motioning to them.

Ex-Leftcoaster 06-02-2018 07:22 AM

Glad you're okay.

Now that you have his #, I'd call my 'Uncle Guido'.

Solospec 06-02-2018 07:35 AM

I don't know the laws in Arizona but it seems to me that the intentional act of the driver to hit you, changed this from a traffic collision to an assault with a deadly weapon. I just did a search and came up with this number. Might be worth a call. Good luck and glad you were not seriously hurt.

AGGRESSIVE DRIVER PROGRAM 602-534-9056
Officers' use specially equipped with cameras to apprehend aggressive drivers.

Phil

ronaldrwl 06-02-2018 07:46 AM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...5e70f23248.jpg

beanoboy 06-02-2018 07:51 AM

Glad you're o.k. man...b.

Badbagger 06-02-2018 10:23 AM

At the point when he's clearly trying to take you out with what is a deadly weapon and your video I am assuming would show that, I'm personally reaching behind my back and taking out my Glock 45 and being legitimately in fear of my life, I would have zero problems in using it. Crazy shit and glad ur OK.

Jd1a 06-02-2018 10:23 AM

You have pictures, report it to the police.

Zerk 06-02-2018 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ron750 (Post 17405610)

Wisconsin used to be a courteous state, but it's full of jerks too now.

I don't WI has the problems other states claim to have. I drive or ride 200 miles a day for work. I have once in my life, 25 years ago in a gran torino, had someone turn left in front of me. Now in the city sure anything is possible. I have to go there once in awhile, and have been lucky to not experience that yet. Lots of blowing through lights.

People claim in other states turn in front of them is just a normal thing. Though people like to talk up bad traffic and the weather

I carry a gun. But you are a fool to think to think it is going to do you a lot of good on bike.I have heard tons of claims about ball bearings or rocks thrown over peoples shoulders. You would have to be a grade a idjit. Unless you got a fast bike and the room to use it and think you will never see that person again. If you got the room to speed off, then do it.

If you think an asshole is not going to be an asshole cause you slip them off, you are an idiot. One time I looked over my shoulder, and I did see a young girl realize it and back off. The time I flipped someone off I could have gotten killed, that guy was crazy.

Bikers say I can stop faster. Well you don't have to. No matter what vehicle you are driving you need to keep an eye in the mirror when jamming on the brakes.

Biekrs whine alot about not being seen. But they take off their brake turn signals and out on cute little lights, or smoked lens. We wear black night

Originally Posted by ronaldrwl (Post 17405871)

Yep, people have watched to many movies.

Originally Posted by Badbagger (Post 17406106)
At the point when he's clearly trying to take you out with what is a deadly weapon and your video I am assuming would show that, I'm personally reaching behind my back and taking out my Glock 45 and being legitimately in fear of my life, I would have zero problems in using it. Crazy shit and glad ur OK.

You really believe you are going to pull that off?
Maybe you could get it out on the highway. But in city traffic you are going to control your bike, and get the bike out?

Which way does grip point? You giving up clutch or throttle and front brake?

Teardrop 06-02-2018 12:22 PM

Yep the challenges of riding in metro AZ.

ROCKOUT Rocker Products 06-02-2018 12:27 PM

Here's how the world works...

No matter how much in the right you are.... pull a gun at a stop light, the guy behind you parks his car on top of you & claims self defense.... and wins.

:icon_shrug:

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Yardstick 06-02-2018 03:05 PM

I don't know about AZ; but, in Texas if you try to hit someone with your car it is a felony - assault with a deadly weapon. Smart thing to do is to use the mobility of the bike to use other cars as blocking and get the hell away from the idiots. Go to a public place and call the cops immediately. That way if he attempts to find you they will already be on the way.

Earlier this week we had a road rage incident on IH10. Seems one vehicle supposedly cut the other off. The one that was cut off started chasing the other vehicle. That vehicle exited the highway and pulled into a public parking lot. The other guy pulls in and starts shooting at the driver. Turns out the other driver was a city cop who returned fire. The cop got hit 6 times and the other guy got hit 3 times. Both in the hospital in critical condition.

Now, I ask you.....even if someone cuts you off......is that cause or reason to try and take their life? I think not. People are just stupid, idiotic, and immature.

I ride packing most of the time and with curtesy. You signal you intention....I get out of the way and let you over. If you are riding my butt....I flash the lights....you don't back off, I will either move over and get you in front of me because you either have a depth perception problem, been told 1/4 inch is 8 inches all your life, momma and dad dropped you too much on your head, you are a serious drug abuser or all of the above. The other alternative is rock and roll on down the highway and leave you in the dust.

If the responding officer refuses to take a report then I would go to the station house and file a complaint against the driver and the officer.