Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much do you trust your jiffy stand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 06:11 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by miner999r
properly deployed you could plow a field with the jiffy stand

BuzzCap7

Old 06-06-2018, 08:43 AM
Harley Joe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always turn my handlebar full right before getting off my bike. It takes a lot of weight off the left side and makes it much easier to stand the bike up when coming off the kick stand. The kick stand ain't gonna break and with less weight on it, sinking in the dirt and asphalt is reduced too....

Old 06-06-2018, 09:44 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,515 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Originally Posted by SnoRider
The only problem I’ve had with the jiffy stand is forgetting to put it down. 😧
Yup, did that once, kicked the stand up, went to start it and remembered something I needed to grab, put the bike back down on the now up stand and stepped off. It was good for my friend to laugh that hard, as he was at the end of the driveway waiting for me.

I don't know about the '18s, if they changed the jiffy, but before that they are as good a design as any brand motorcycle I've owned these last 55 years. There have been good ones and poor ones, but my current pre-rushmore bike has as solid a stand as any I've owned. I do carry a disc for hot tar or grass/dirt parking. Never had an issue. sometimes, I've parked the bike, got off and thought, that dirt looks soft, grab the disc and tip the bike, place the disc and no issues. Oh, one issue, riding away and leaving the disc. Crushed beer cans work just as well. Have used a piece of bark. but most times, I try to park in the shade so it has not been a hot tar issue.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:16 AM
Tired
Elite HDF Member
Received 4,458 Likes on 1,694 Posts

I really can't fathom someone doubting the integrity of the diminutive Jiffy Stand. It may well be the best little buddy anyone has ever had. It goes on every ride with you and never complains about the heat, bugs, rain, etc. It's good with whenever and wherever you decide to go. And it rides along unnoticed and tucked away catching whatever road kill guts you hit and throw up at it. It's always ready to go to work instantly when needed and never asks to take a break.

And how do we reward this faithful little friend? When we need it we put our grimy boot sole on it and shove it down and out and in to service. Not caring much if lands in dog poop or some other manner of trash. And we walk away. It doesn't know if it has to hold that bike up for 10 minutes or 10 yrs. Still, it stands and holds the bike like a small, chrome Lady Liberty holding the Torch of Freedom.

Dare to doubt the Jiffy Stand? No sir, not happening here.

The following 4 users liked this post by Tired:
67Shuv (06-06-2018), BuzzCap7 (06-06-2018), talkingrock (06-06-2018), WMJ (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 12:05 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

You have to trust that it is down and secure. Period. If you dont trust it, somehow, will know and screw you.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:28 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by Tired
I really can't fathom someone doubting the integrity of the diminutive Jiffy Stand. It may well be the best little buddy anyone has ever had. It goes on every ride with you and never complains about the heat, bugs, rain, etc. It's good with whenever and wherever you decide to go. And it rides along unnoticed and tucked away catching whatever road kill guts you hit and throw up at it. It's always ready to go to work instantly when needed and never asks to take a break.

And how do we reward this faithful little friend? When we need it we put our grimy boot sole on it and shove it down and out and in to service. Not caring much if lands in dog poop or some other manner of trash. And we walk away. It doesn't know if it has to hold that bike up for 10 minutes or 10 yrs. Still, it stands and holds the bike like a small, chrome Lady Liberty holding the Torch of Freedom.

Dare to doubt the Jiffy Stand? No sir, not happening here.
Very well said mate. Enjoyable read. Well done.

BuzzCap7

Old 06-06-2018, 01:45 PM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,087 Likes on 3,325 Posts

I trust it but it still scares the cr*p outta me when I lean it over and the stand slides out to lock. I reach out to stop it out of reflex.
I now have my wife get on the bike first, then I get on. It's so much easier this way and its easy to bring up and off the stand with her on board. Easier than trying to keep the bike upright when she used to get on after I was on board.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:47 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,744 Likes on 3,511 Posts

I've gotten into the habit of rocking my bike forward to test it before I get off

Old 06-06-2018, 07:20 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Own a kick start bike for any length of time you learn trust on a gut level you button pushers will never understand.

The following 5 users liked this post by TwiZted Biker:
14GuineaPig (06-06-2018), DanHappy (06-07-2018), SkyMaster1 (06-06-2018), son of the hounds (06-06-2018), TN_Biker (06-07-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 09:25 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,629 Likes on 1,177 Posts

I wonder if you guys that seem to mistrust the jiffy stand also park your bikes in neutral? I ALWAYS park mine in 1st & just can't imagine it rolling off the stand

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Quick Reply: How much do you trust your jiffy stand?