Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Afraid of future Touring’s getting solid mount and two balances

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 06:24 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

The MoCo went out of their way, to keep some shake in the touring bikes. That tells me they understand what the touring crowd wants, so I wouldn’t fret.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:42 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
The MoCo went out of their way, to keep some shake in the touring bikes. That tells me they understand what the touring crowd wants, so I wouldn’t fret.
Yeah man. That's just the deal when ya get a Harley!

Old 06-13-2018, 08:55 PM
TXNT
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

I have ridden a new Fat Bob and Fat Boy and loved them both. They ride better, are smoother and shift better than my 2012 SG. I own a Night Train and a Goldwing too. Let me throw fuel on the fire here! If they smooth out the touring bikes, make them shift like a metric and get rid of the jiffy stand like they did on the new softails....I will trade my Goldwing in on a new touring Harley and get rid of my Street Glide.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:10 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by TXNT
I have ridden a new Fat Bob and Fat Boy and loved them both. They ride better, are smoother and shift better than my 2012 SG. I own a Night Train and a Goldwing too. Let me throw fuel on the fire here! If they smooth out the touring bikes, make them shift like a metric and get rid of the jiffy stand like they did on the new softails....I will trade my Goldwing in on a new touring Harley and get rid of my Street Glide.
What is wrong with a Jiffy stand?

Old 06-13-2018, 09:18 PM
TXNT
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Before I learned how to use it, I dumped both of my bikes at least once. Once I learned that the tab had to be locked in place, never dumped them again LOL Never have gotten used to the movement on the stand...

Don't get me wrong, I love my Harleys.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:56 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

Originally Posted by TXNT
Before I learned how to use it, I dumped both of my bikes at least once. Once I learned that the tab had to be locked in place, never dumped them again LOL Never have gotten used to the movement on the stand...

Don't get me wrong, I love my Harleys.
whats to learn? you put the stand down, and the bike does the rest. do you only turn your light switches halfway off as well?

and to be fair, they didn't get rid of the jiffy stand. it still operates pretty much the same as the older ones. it just looks a little different. still has the locking tab to keep it from moving.

Last edited by skratch; 06-13-2018 at 10:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
hbsoldier3 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 11:40 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

if this worst case scenario happens all you need to do is loosen a couple of the engine mount bolts . it'll shake for ya .

Old 06-14-2018, 12:35 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Veekness
What do I think? If you have a problem with vibration, I doubt if a Harley Davidson is your motorcycle. That's the nature of the beast, from time immemorial. I see a Gold Wing in your future. No offense meant, but sheesh...
Moco. Already hit that m8 with a Honda stick.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:42 AM
capeohara
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So wait, ya'll think that a 20k bike that sits at a light shaking so hard you have to loctite every nut and bolt is a GOOD thing? I know I'm trolling here, and my bike is an 07 FXST, so you know my stance on this, but...please explain the enjoyment of all that vibration. My opinion, and yes, I've owned them, not only is it uncomfortable, but aesthetically, it looks ridiculous.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:13 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

i'd take a bike that shakes at a stop before i'd take one that has a weird vibe while cruising down the highway any day. i do a lot more cruising than i do sitting idling.

Quick Reply: Afraid of future Touring’s getting solid mount and two balances