Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warmest gloves

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 03:09 PM
tinsnips
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That seems to be the vote. So I’ll take a look on line and check them out. I’ve seen some new type battery type that have gotten good reviews. Will take my time and figure it out. Thanks for all the input.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:00 PM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

I'll pitch in my $.02! I started with thick leather gauntlets, and that worked alright for a while, but when temps got below 40, it was a bit too chilly. Then I added wool liners, and that got me down another 5-10 degrees. I added hand guards, and that allowed me to get down to freezing before needing heated gloves. OP, I think you will find that most "battery" heated gloves either 1) don't last very long, or 2) don't actually heat very much. The kind that plug into the bike battery are going to be best. You can find some used on eBay for under $100, which is a good deal, since new are usually $200+. You COULD go with glove liners, but they only seem to work about half as well as the heated gloves. Believe me, I've tried both. The heated liners might work down to about 20 degrees, but my gloves have gotten down to 13 degrees, so far, and my hands were almost sweating when I got to work. With heated gloves, the heat pad is in the palm, which transfers through the hand to the back, but glove liners try to heat the whole hand, front and back, but only do so half as well, so your hands don't "feel" the heat as much, and with wind, it can be lost quicker, too. I suppose you could combine a windproof outer layer over your gloves with the heated liners, but that adds more "bulk", making movement more difficult, especially in emergency situations, which you DON'T want. This is why I recommend the heated gloves, which already have a windproof outer layer, and the heat gets distributed better, IMHO. Personally, I haven't needed other heated gear, as the majority of the trouble with cold I noticed as in my hands. Plus, I'm not sure how much "extra" power there is on this bike, to be sure that I won't be draining the battery. When you add it all up; 50W for jacket liner, 30W for pant liner, another 10W for boot insoles, and another 10W for gloves, you're taking 100W total away from being able to charge the battery, and most manufacturers don't leave that much "extra" from the stator/regulator, above what the battery needs.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:53 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,652 Likes on 1,661 Posts

I have one pair of H-D heated gloves that I use on the bike.
(When I bought these gloves several years ago they came with a basic "on/off" switch which I do not recommend using).
I have a "panel" mounted power jack (in the LH mid-frame heat deflector) on my bike and my trike.
I have a Gerbing heated jacket liner with the dual heat controller that is packed into a leather "holster" with a belt clip that I can hand onto my jacket or pants pocket for easy access to change the settings.
A dual controller allows you to set the temp for your gloves at the desired setting and the other for your jacket liner.

On the bike side, the electrical hook-up is a simple, two-wire, fused harness that for a jacket/glove combo requires a 10AMP fuse (supplied in the kit).

I also have a pair of Gerbing 12v (Hybrid) gloves that I can use two small 12v batteries (tucked in to each glove gauntlet) OR I can also use them on my bike or trike.

The small batteries have 3 settings and on the lower setting I can usually get about 3 hours use, but on the highest setting I get a little over an hour or so out of a full charge.
They're great for plowing or blowing snow!

The following users liked this post:
ABQ-Jammer (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 02:08 PM
macabra11
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Another vote for heated gloves. I got the 12v Gerbing Vanguards last fall and they not only keep my hands warm, they are by far the most comfortable gloves I've ever owned. Super premium, soft materials and lining. Like other's have said, the wiring really isn't bad (you just have to remember that you're tethered to the bike!), especially if you have the wireless controller like I do. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...al-temp-remote I made a velcro mount under the left side controls and that makes it easy to find the controls when riding and take it off the bike when parked. The only complaint I have is that the fingers are a little bulky, so it is more difficult to use the stereo controls accurately. But that is a small price to pay for being able to feel my fingers!

Old 10-03-2018, 09:19 PM
tkuligowski
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Does anyone make heated gloves that just plug into the cigarette lighter on your bike (obviously this only applies to touring models) I think it would be awesome on my Road Glide. I have that port right there in the fairing and I always thought it would be really convenient and not have to mess around with the hooking something up to the battery.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:25 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,204 Likes on 17,585 Posts

Without all the goofy looking wrap's, wires, the expense and headaches related to heated gear get yourself a set of plain old slim ski gloves, screw the fashion statement and $$$$ for the trendy ****.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:24 PM
Skogdog
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Gerbing G3, heated jacket liner and occasionally put in a pocket heater pad if it's gonna be a cold one. One in each glove palm and one in each boot works wonders when you get caught in the cold and need to get home.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:25 AM
DevilSperm
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a pair of thinsulate gloves made by First and on my last 20° ride they did the job great. They have a water proof liner as well as a wiper blade on one index finger. I do have a fairing though which does make a bit of difference.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Mike flhp
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Powerlet heated liners under Held insulated gloves. Not cheap but you will never feel anything but warm (or on fire if u dial up the liners). Head to toe liners also available, have the jacket...simply amazing.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:52 PM
Colorado Mac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 359 Likes on 276 Posts

I had some Amazon gift card money laying around, so I just ordered these:
Amazon Amazon

They are scheduled to arrive on Saturday & I have a toy ride on Sunday in 50 degree weather. Good chance to try them out & see if I want to keep them.

Quick Reply: Warmest gloves