Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Street Glide- Super Shox vs. Legend

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 09:40 AM
Lightngsvt
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 16 Posts

I had the OEM shocks on my 2009. That bike only had a Stage 1 kit and a bunch of appearance add-ons. I dont remember the air shocks riding as bad as the new hydraulic shocks, plus I was around 35 back then too and Ive developed some back problems since. What sticks out in my mind was a demo ride I did on an Ultra Limited around 2003 and thinking that it rode like a Cadillac compared to my 09 SG, but still dont recall that SG feeling as stiff as the 18.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:22 AM
5280Ruffian
Tourer
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

The above is a good video comparing the two.

I have the 13" Revo-A on my 2008 Street Glide. I sit .25-.5" higher than the 12" shocks. That being said, the Legends ride like a dream.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:53 PM
Lightngsvt
Road Captain

I've been trading some emails with Super Shox, good guys. I also sent an email to Legend and they actually called me today and we had a good 15 minute conversation, very impressed! HE recommended going with a 13" shock and said that with me on the bike, once adjusted properly, that the bike wouldn't sit any taller than stock. The more I learn, the more I like the idea of the adjustable rebound setting, unless I missed something none of the Super Shox have this ability. I really like the price point of the Supershox, but Im starting to lean toward the Revo-A's now.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:12 AM
Desertwndrr
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I haven’t ridden a bike with Super Shox. However I currently own three bikes with Ohlins and have installed and ridden a bike with Legends shocks. The Legends ride buttery smooth. So nice that my next bike will likely run Legends. The Legends rode amazing.

i would strongly encourage you to go with the 13” shocks over the 12” shocks if ride quality matters.

Old 04-23-2019, 06:17 AM
yunothecat
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lightngsvt
I have a 2018 Street Glide 115th anniversary, love the look of the bike but there are 3 areas I need to improve on. My biggest complaint is how stiff this thing rides, it'll buck me off the seat in potholes and big bumps, and I've tried adjusting the OEM shock without much noticeable difference. I'm around 200lbs and mainly ride solo, Im looking for a compliant ride while maintaining good handling.

After doing some research I've narrowed it down to either Super Shox Premiere (based on their recommendation), or Legend Revo. I like that both are made in the USA. Advantages of SS appear to be the 1" increased suspension travel and the 30-day money back guarantee. The Legend Revo seems to be a direct competitor to the SS Premiere, but at a higher cost. What is the biggest advantage of the Revo-A other than the rebound adjustment? What do you guys think is the "best" way to go?
I have 13" Revo-As on my 2011 SG and just completed a 16000km/10000 mile ride around Australia. You can read my thread about the Revos here: https://www.hdforums.com.au/Thread/672242/1.

If you're interested you can read my thread about the ride here: https://www.hdforums.com.au/Thread/673172/1/

Last edited by yunothecat; 04-23-2019 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:56 AM
5280Ruffian
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lightngsvt
I've been trading some emails with Super Shox, good guys. I also sent an email to Legend and they actually called me today and we had a good 15 minute conversation, very impressed! HE recommended going with a 13" shock and said that with me on the bike, once adjusted properly, that the bike wouldn't sit any taller than stock. The more I learn, the more I like the idea of the adjustable rebound setting, unless I missed something none of the Super Shox have this ability. I really like the price point of the Supershox, but Im starting to lean toward the Revo-A's now.
The video I posted above shows the Fox with the rebound. That being said, I absolutely love my Legends.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:04 PM
yunothecat
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5280Ruffian
The video I posted above shows the Fox with the rebound. That being said, I absolutely love my Legends.
5280ruffian can you describe how you have your legends set up? How many turns of preload from the bottom and what rebound dampening setting are you using?

Last edited by yunothecat; 04-23-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:13 PM
5280Ruffian
Tourer

I had the dealer install them while I was having a bunch of other service done... I really couldn't tell you how they're setup, except that the rebound is set at 3. For now, that's sufficient. I will start playing with them after I get a chance to really run them through the paces. I also have the fronts being installed either this week or next, and I don't want to futz with them until I have all the parts to dial it in.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:42 PM
Lightngsvt
Road Captain

Digging this thread back up because I got to ride a Road Glide with full Legend Suspension yesterday, and damn was I impressed! Dealer was having "Harley Fest" and Drag Specialties was out there along with a rep from Legend. They had a demo bike, best sales tool ever. The bike was so smooth over bumps, very planted, handled better than stock and actually made the entire bike feel higher quality. I road that bike back to back with a bone stock 19 Road Glide and the difference is absolutely amazing! I'm a believer now! Still like the price better on Super Shox, but think I'm going to pony up and get the Legend Revo suspension.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:13 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

I just installed the Legend REVO A's on mine. Haven't had an opportunity to ride with them yet but I'm very optimistic.

Quick Reply: 2018 Street Glide- Super Shox vs. Legend