Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New ride 2019 SGS Silver Flux/Black Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 09:46 PM
troopin
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by wmprof
I installed just the rear speakers without amp and it sounds fine, plenty of bass and can hear the rears just fine at 75-80 mph. I was going to add their amp, but not if I have to flatten sound and lose all bass.

Beautiful bike!
the way it is supposed to work is the flash flattens the factory er curve then you tune the amp to add it in there which works when on accy but not when started

Old 04-25-2019, 03:50 AM
Old Iron Man
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by troopin
the way it is supposed to work is the flash flattens the factory er curve then you tune the amp to add it in there which works when on accy but not when started
Exactly, and that is a problem. I'm going to pay a visit to the shop I bought it from as soon as I get a chance and discuss this problem with them. I'll update if they have anything of value to say.

Old 04-25-2019, 05:47 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Nice bike man, but I'm a bit partial. LOL

Old 04-25-2019, 08:39 AM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 266 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by troopin
That’s not the chrome it’s the machine cut. There is a difference. I didn’t go with all black primarily because these were 50% off at the dealer but after putting them on I’m glad I didn’t get all black. I think it brings the top of the box and fins all together. I changed the push rod covers and bottoms but not the tops without tearing it apart but I like it which is all that matters. Lol. But that was my original reason the price difference and I’m glad it worked out that way
Ok yes I see now that there are 3 options, chrome, black and machine cut. I had thought also that it picked up the rockers and the fins. Thanks

Old 05-01-2019, 06:01 AM
JHC210
Club Member
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Troopin, your bars are gloss black? Any issues with marring? I am thinking of going matte black for my bars. Undecided. I need to focus on my fluid transfer issue I just discovered. 750 miles in and have transfer. Not happy.

Old 05-03-2019, 01:50 AM
troopin
Cruiser

Yea the bars are gloss black. They are Yaffe 12” but for some reason Yaffe 12” are equivalent to everybody else’s 14”. Something about the way they measure them. I still lost my fairing mirrors. The top half is cut off by my switching so I just pulled them off. I’m now running a set of black teardrop mirrors from Amazon I picked up for like $30.00. I still wanted to get smaller profile ones but had a 300 mile ride coming up and just needed something until I could decide which ones I wanted. Those were the only black ones I could find with same day delivery lol. They actually don’t look too bad though and for $30 they are kind of throwaways.

Old 05-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,131 Likes on 6,254 Posts

Congratulation on your new ride.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:12 PM
troopin
Cruiser

Thanks !!

Old 05-12-2019, 12:03 AM
Old Iron Man
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Hey Troopin, Don't give up on the Rockford system. I went to my local audio install place today for my appointment for them to see why I am getting no bass at all, , and why it sounds great in the parking lot, but as soon as I get rolling it sounds like a transistor radio. His expert tech took it out for a test ride, then went into one of the garage bays, then another test ride, etc... four times back and forth for an hour. He finally pulled up in front of the door and announced he had made some tweaks and it should be all set now, and asked me to try it out. He was right. F-ing Amazing! Way louder and even a little bass, all while in gear and driving down the road. I asked him what he did, and he said he raised a few gains, and adjusted the power to the speakers. He told me to keep the volume setting only up to one or two down from the highest level. That's easy to do because it's loud now. It's still not the type of really deep bass like with a sub woofer, but it's listenable now, and I'm happy with this system. No longer looking for more audio upgrades. So what I'm saying is take it to a reputable audio shop who is authorized to do the Rockford HD flash, and is experienced with this amp and speaker kit so they can tweak it.

A few other things he did that you could try yourself before you throw money at this: Set the head unit bass setting to all the way up, and the treble at 1 or 2. Also, he set the speed control setting to off. He said that was the biggest thing. Also, I use an old style iPod with the wire, not bluetooth, and have the music e.q. set on "flat" or to "bass boost". Good luck.

Old 09-26-2019, 08:02 PM
GTHagler
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up a Denim 2019 FLHXS. Where did you get the back rest and luggage rack?
Everyone I've looked at doesn't fit the Special models. Unless I get it from Harley of course

Quick Reply: New ride 2019 SGS Silver Flux/Black Fuse