Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Sears Yellow Jack Video (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/129025-sears-yellow-jack-video.html)

roady 07-11-2007 07:21 PM

RE: Sears Yellow Jack Video

How much is that yellow jack ? I think you may have talked me in to getting one.

gordon188 07-11-2007 07:28 PM

I have the yellow jack also, but I lost my "tude" years ago. Good job.

FBL2011 07-11-2007 07:56 PM

I have a J&S jack I just bought and I'm very happy with it. I've had the used a red jack and also had heard the yellow jack doesn't go under some bikes without running em up on 2x4's.

Thanks for clearing that up though (in a very subtle way too, Vegas..:D)

rider 07-11-2007 07:58 PM

Sorry, But I own one, also a red craftsman and just brought a pitt bull jack, That said the yellow jack is less stable than the red one when removing a wheel front or back than the red craftsman, just doesn't have the same footprint and thats the reason, I will admit its light and easy to move around but if you do any amount of work besides cleaning thats where it ends!! Bottom line for me is the pitt bull rules and just for the record, I also have a lift so my primary use for it was removing wheels!! JMHO

bay13 07-11-2007 08:09 PM

Now try that without holding the bike.:D

vegashd 07-11-2007 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

I have the yellow, as well. But, with my rk custom, I have not been able to find that 'sweet spot' to lift the bike up straight. Still working on it. Heck, I have actually only lifted my bike the one time, so I ain't complaining.
where I like to slide mine is right under the clutch ferrel into the transimission centered.

I think they are around 159 I do believe

dionne51 07-11-2007 09:33 PM

Awesome, funny as hell and proves a point. I also don't drop mine quite that fast but a good way to make a point. Love it.

gabhart 07-11-2007 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: vegashd

I have the yellow, as well. But, with my rk custom, I have not been able to find that 'sweet spot' to lift the bike up straight. Still working on it. Heck, I have actually only lifted my bike the one time, so I ain't complaining.
where I like to slide mine is right under the clutch ferrel into the transimission centered.

I have this jack too and I have the same issue with where to place it on my '07 Ultra. I am not understanding where you have it placed for this video.

Could I talk you into taking a pix on how the jack is in relation to the frame?

It's the crossmember that is messing with me!

Thanks!

Stash 07-11-2007 11:22 PM

Great video and great jack. I have mentioned before how stable they really are. Washed my Ultra tonight. Put it about 10in. off the ground. Easy to get spokes and Whitewalls. No tiedowns. I had two red Sears jacks fail (returned both) before I finally bought a yellow one.

vegashd 07-11-2007 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: gabhart

ORIGINAL: vegashd

I have this jack too and I have the same issue with where to place it on my '07 Ultra. I am not understanding where you have it placed for this video.

Could I talk you into taking a pix on how the jack is in relation to the frame?

It's the crossmember that is messing with me!

Thanks!
will get you one in the mornin