Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Fiberglass Bags!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 08:29 PM
FBL2011
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: New Fiberglass Bags!

For what it's worth - here's the idea I was thinking about with thinner bags..a quick photoshop job..

BEFORE

AFTER

..strangely..I like women with big butts - but not always big bags on my bike ....go figure

Old 07-11-2007, 08:46 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts

ORIGINAL: topshop

ORIGINAL: FastHarley

ORIGINAL: topshop

Just to let you all know that we here at Top Shop are excited to bring a new custom bag out for your baggers! We are soon tobe featured in American Bagger for an installationguide and a press release.
Holy freakin wow, how cool is that.If you would like to check out our bags you can go to www.topshopheadliners.com and go to the Harley Bagger section and take a peek at them.

These bags fit the 93 to Present Harley Baggers and are vacumm injected not hand laid, with this process we make the bags lighter and stronger that most bags that are out there. What is vacumm injection, well it is where you put the fiberglass in the design and lay a silicon mat down with little ports for the high grade resins to flow through. Then when you apply vacumm pressureto the bag it forces the resin into the fiberglass soaking every figer in resin so you don't have pin hole in the parts.
We also offer a carpeted inside and painted bags as well.

I hope to here from the Harley Community!!

Thanks To Everyone,

Justin B
While the idea of light-weight is good for me, what are you going to do with a FL that most people lower 1" than try to corner. I fully appreciate your efforts in bringing a new and cheaper (cost wise not quality) product to the market, handling concerns should be addressed. Choppers are nice to look at, however, not my choice to go riding (I mean RIDING) with. Making a bagger that hampers cornering is counterproductive and there are already to many bikes that are parking lot queens. I am not dising your product, just 35 years of riding experience. If you make them aerodynamic, carbon fiber or light weight as well as functional bag, count me in. Vacuum bagging is good especially with unidirectional glass & a good coring. Don’t need to make them thick for strength. I am a player for my new FL I am building, one not made for the parking lot. An aerodynamic detachble front fairing (cuts the air like a Hayabusa) would not be a bad product either. Good choice in picking American Bagger for advertizing in, nice people & good magazine! Good luck with your endevors. motorcyclemetal.com, motorcyclemetal.com see ya @ Sturgis, Main Street

Howard,

do you know ,urdoc jones at american bagger?
The best and a mighty handsome feller I might add (pays me to say that for all the girls).

Handeling, Ya. Newest shocks for a FL. below in thumbnail.

I love new products & I know what your investment is in new tooling. Hope success for you. I use to own Signature Marine, a company that manufactured ocean racers in the late 70’s-early 80’s so I know a little something about glass. Was the first to make carbon fiber and unidirectional bodies for sport 2000 Lola’s in 1979. Into carbon fiber wheels now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29413/F64FEA5FAA6C4A3D994E15C75443F34C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-12-2007, 04:49 PM
topshop
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks ^^^

Justin B

Old 07-13-2007, 03:36 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Justin, I got a question for you. Have you thought about turning out these bags already painted in Harley colors? I own a black pearl rk custom, and would not hesitate buying these bags, but going through the hassle of having them painted is not something I really care to do. Just a thought. Since, you seem to paint them 'In House', would seem like a better way to go. You could still charge a bit more, and have a bag ready to mount, with hardware bought by the customer.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:03 AM
topshop
Banned

Very true and we do offer the bags to be painted in the Harley black. The only reason why it would be better to have a shop do it is sothat they could match itexactly.
But basic colors we can do without a problem.

Thanks
Justin B

Old 07-13-2007, 01:24 PM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Justin,

Are these complete bags? With covers? Just lacking hardware?

Painted in harley vivid black, how much?

Ez

Old 07-13-2007, 01:50 PM
topshop
Banned

What you would be getting is just the bag and no top. You would just use your existing one and the mounting hardware off of the old set of bags that you have.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:02 PM
BrewGod
Advanced

Free advaertising???

Old 07-13-2007, 02:29 PM
topshop
Banned

ORIGINAL: BrewGod

Free advaertising???
What do you mean?

Old 07-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think he means, "Pay Up Sucka!" https://www.hdforums.com/contact/?ms...ng+Information

Quick Reply: New Fiberglass Bags!