Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Trapp Slip om baffles

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 07:21 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Super Trapp Slip om baffles

Scooty, you are the man! Where did you purchase the baffles? Did you replace both baffles? I mean both mufflers? What is the part number? Did you have tochange your maps? Thanks.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:44 PM
cobrabob
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Casique, did you ever come up with a solution to this issue? I am about to put the stock pipes back on.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:08 AM
casique
Road Warrior

Cobrabo, the solution is to get rid of the Mikuni baffles and go back to the original Supertrapp baffles. I ordered a set from Supertrapp ($140 + shipping) last week and they should arrive Monday.

One of the forum members who had the same issue, swore up and down that the original Supertrapp baffles sound great andwill takecare of the problem.

I'll let you know this coming week.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:00 AM
billybobsrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Kirker mufflers (sold by Supertrapp) might have the Mikuni baffles, but I clicked on the new Supertrapp S E sound bite and it sounds exactly the same as the Screamn' Eagle Touring Performance mufflers that I have on my bike now. They sound like (pop pop pop, pop pop pop) crap and the only you could probably change it is to install true duals.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:21 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Well, I don't know how many kinds of Supertrapps there are, but I bought a set recently from fuelmotousa as a part of there packaged deal with the PCIII and K&N, and I got the tapered ends.. (see pic below). I think they sound great on my 07 EGC. Not too loud at any cruising speed but the get louder when you pour on the gas, but still not an annoying "tinny" sound I've heard sometimes, but a nice deep note. At least I like them. The sound thing is all so subjective.

I have no idea why anyone would change out the baffles in these..

Old 08-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: oldhippie

Well, I don't know how many kinds of Supertrapps there are, but I bought a set recently from fuelmotousa as a part of there packaged deal with the PCIII and K&N, and I got the tapered ends.. (see pic below). I think they sound great on my 07 EGC. Not too loud at any cruising speed but the get louder when you pour on the gas, but still not an annoying "tinny" sound I've heard sometimes, but a nice deep note. At least I like them. The sound thing is all so objective.

I have no idea why anyone would change out the baffles in these..

I don't think you can change the baffles, they look like they are welded in to me.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:42 PM
cobrabob
Road Captain

I think you are right about not being able to changle the baffles and I don't think that is really the problem the more I listen anyway. I am going to go to a true dual setup so the majority of the exhaust is not coming out of the right pipe. I can barely hear the left pipe when I am going down the road but the right one gets annoying. I think when they are balanced out, they will sound fine.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:56 PM
casique
Road Warrior

In any case, my HD dealer changed my baffles to Mikunis, or at least they said so and its on the purchase paperwork. I emailed Supertrap, and they said to switch back to their baffles. So when I get them, I'll try to take them ou if I can't I'll call Supertrapp for tech help. If it all fails return them and go with a set of V7H Ovals.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:22 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

The baffles do come out. Remove the 3 screws on the end caps and twist and pull and the baffle will come right out. Pay attention to its orientation as they "stab" back into the hollow pipe when replacing.

I take mine out with each bike cleaning to keep the inside of the pipe clean and free of water and rust.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:44 PM
itsmyforte
Tourer

ultra classic

since you have had yours out so many times. can you tell me if the pipes are made identical? i read a small except in the american bagger mag pipe shootout that one of the pipes weighed 1 lbs. more than the other.

Quick Reply: Super Trapp Slip om baffles