Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost made the biggest mistake of my life..

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 04:21 PM
canukchick
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost made the biggest mistake of my life..

I almost traded my BMW K1200LT for an '08 Anniversary Ultra Classic "Copper & Vivid Black". Also had a major deposit down and was waiting for the bike in Sept.

I ran into a guy driving(biking) a '08 Black Ultra Classic at a Harley dealership yesterday, he just purchased 2 days ago. OH MY GOD, the heat coming off that bike was RIDICULAS!!!! It was a 29c day with no humidex, that's not that hot for Ottawa, Canada. Last week was 42c with the humidex and we went to Montreal on the BMW and that was hot day!, we didn't see many Harley's on the highway.

Anyway, he mentioned he loved the Harley but the expression on his face was alittle depressing/dissapointing on the extreme heat issue. He also mentioned when he got off the highway and was crusing at 50 to 60km's an hour in the city he had to raise his left leg because his upper thigh was cooking. Plus it was already burnt red from only a couple of days of owning it.

My spouse and I canncelled the dealwith no problems once I mentioned the heat issue with the salesman. I'm sure he'll sell it to someone else. With 7000Anniversary Limited Editions in the Ultra Classic, I don't think it's a prize, that's a high number compared to the other Harley limited editions, I honestly think they changed that number from 2500 to sell more....

I'm no Pizza and I don't want to drive an oven. Maybe I'll buy one when they fix those heatissues with there dime!!

Bigger CC motors, they Need Liquid Cooling becausethe only time you'll be able to enjoy those bikes is early spring and late fall.

I don't know what they were thinking when they built those bikes, they must have been tested on cooler days.

Anyway, good luck and all the best....

Old 08-11-2007, 04:35 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts
Default RE: Almost made the biggest mistake of my life..

bummer dude!!
I had that problem very briefly but took a few simple steps to cure this on my 07. As far as cost .. well just the oil cooler 240 online. Synth oil was a givin and heat download was free, removing lowers for summer took 10 minutes. Break-in must/may have helped? Issue gone ?,well anyway my sporster gets hotter now

Old 08-11-2007, 04:47 PM
jr_c6
Road Captain

Wow. I rode for awhile (50+ miles) today in 95+ temps in Texas. No excessive heat, my legs never got hot. It was certainly hot out but it was a great ride.

I have noticed the bike seems to be running cooler now that it's breaking in than when I first bought it. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:49 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

BUY A GOLDWING AND GTF OUTTA HERE!(and take your spouse with you)

How's that for heat bounty?

Ban the F#<k again already.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:55 PM
gpainter
Intermediate

I had a BMW R1200RT a few years ago and enjoyed riding it. However, it had an oil radiator buried in the fairingjust below the headlight. All the air scooped into that oil radiatorexited right up through the fairing and into my face. In the winter it was great. In the summer in Texas it was murder. I now have an '07 Road Glide with the Kury heat deflector under the seat and a Power Commander III, Screamin' Eagle air cleaner, and Vance & Hines ovals. The heat in Texas in the summer is still murder, but the Harley heat is noproblem.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Mac11
Road Master

Sorry about the trouble you think you may have and sorry if other are having it - I purchased an 07 Ultra Classic (Vivid Black) and leave in Louisiana where it it hot (95+) and humidity is high but I have had no excessive heat from my Harley. Just got back froma 3,250 miles trip through Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas where the temp were high but no excessive heat from the motor. I think the guy just didn't want you to own a Harley. The only things I have done is change the mufflers (B & E Performance), SE Air Flow and used the HD mapping.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:04 PM
canukchick
Banned

Hey UltraKla$$ic, you must work for Harley - LOL

titleAndStar(2762,0,0,false,",")

Once you go BMW, you never go back...

Harley has the marketing down but they don't have the better Motorcycle.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:12 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

You're right, but you can always JB WELD thehead chambers closed. That will get rid of the heat. Try it. Simple DIY mod even you could do.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Sreynold1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TROLLING AGAIN....Must be winter in Canada already!!!

Old 08-11-2007, 06:04 PM
fishafly
Road Master

The biggest mistake I ever made was puttin ORANGE STICKERS all over my SG!!! [8D]

Loooohooooossseeerrrrr!!

Quick Reply: Almost made the biggest mistake of my life..