Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 harmon kardon audio software download

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Dougyfd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 harmon kardon audio software download

I just downloaded the radio software update from the HD web site but am unable to get it to download into my radio. It accepts the cd , then displays "VERIFYING DSP IMAGE" & then nothing happens. I then have to turn the ignition on & off to get the disc to eject. My existing software is v6.8.0 so I know it needs the update. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 11-16-2005, 11:34 PM
PEZ
Tourer
Default RE: 2006 harmon kardon audio software download

Hey

Did the same for me--when you first put it in, it counts to 100% real fast. Then just leave it in for a minute. Soon a very "old school" display will come up and start about a 4 minute count towards 100%. I was surprised how long it took--but its all good.

PEZ www.hogtunes.com

Old 11-16-2005, 11:58 PM
KBES BAGGER
Road Master

Ok, sombody school me on what I am missing out on. I can download somthing to upgrade my new radio?

KB

Old 11-17-2005, 12:17 AM
mooks005
Intermediate

Thanks for the tip! Does anyone know what the upgrade does?

Old 11-17-2005, 01:15 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

It's definitely a sign of the times when you have to install updates for a RADIO!!!! What is the world coming to! Is nothing sacred? It's bad enough the we have constant Windows updates for our home/work computers, but now radios? GEESH!! That's absurd! What's next, Service Pack 2 for Harmon Kardon? I complained before in a previous post about how long it takes for the radio to turn on, changes modes, cd tracks or simply change radio stations. I mentioned that it was like computer boot up sequence. Now I understand why. Aside from the extra wattage that the new Harmon Kardon systems offers, I do not like the new stereo. Arrgh![:@]

Old 11-17-2005, 01:26 AM
lazzer
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what download? give the url plz.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:37 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Click on link below and then click on the link ADVANCED AUDIO SYSTEM and go from there.

UPDATE for HK Radio

Old 11-17-2005, 11:25 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

What exactly does the upgrade do?

Old 11-17-2005, 01:05 PM
jfanton
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: tda69

It's definitely a sign of the times when you have to install updates for a RADIO!!!! What is the world coming to! Is nothing sacred? It's bad enough the we have constant Windows updates for our home/work computers, but now radios? GEESH!! That's absurd! What's next, Service Pack 2 for Harmon Kardon? I complained before in a previous post about how long it takes for the radio to turn on, changes modes, cd tracks or simply change radio stations. I mentioned that it was like computer boot up sequence. Now I understand why. Aside from the extra wattage that the new Harmon Kardon systems offers, I do not like the new stereo. Arrgh![:@]
Here! Here! I feel the H-K radio on my '06 is overly complex. But, I've never had a radio on a bike before, so what do I know...

Old 11-17-2005, 02:09 PM
PEZ
Tourer

From what I hear, the firmware stops CD's from being eaten, and allows the addition of the NAV system. I was suspicious that they were going to "roll back" the power of the radio to make them more reliable. I did testing before the download (mine was v 6.8) and with the upgrade, there is no audible difference, but I will test it to make sure.

I find now the CD portion works better as well. My bet is HK didnt have the all the software written, but the bikes needed to be built so they shipped as is-- OR--, the have other goodies coming where you will BUY the download direct off the website. If the "do it your self" download works without too much complaining, the market would be open for such a marketing idea. If thats the case--I have to hand it to them--not as a customer--but as a businessman--it would be clever.

my 2 cents (Canadian $ )

PEZ

Quick Reply: 2006 harmon kardon audio software download