Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me stay on 2 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 03:28 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 622 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
Might want to consider a different bike too. Namely the new Honda Gold Wing with the DCT.
Or a Can-Am Spyder with their 6 speed semi-automatic (paddle shift) transmission. I know when I can't do 2 wheels anymore, this is the direction I will go.

The following users liked this post:
MRFREEZE57 (03-23-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 03:46 PM
No Tyme
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by lefty33
Or a Can-Am Spyder with their 6 speed semi-automatic (paddle shift) transmission. I know when I can't do 2 wheels anymore, this is the direction I will go.
I hear ya... my next door neighbor has one. He has a friends posted on Facebook for sale but the one thing I enjoy about riding my bagger is leaning in curves. I road a few trikes in Dayton and not being able to lean was a stopper for me. Also there is a bunch of buttons on the left grip on the Can Am, I am leery about trying one. The Honda Gold Wing also has an automatic but they are too spacy like the Victory's for me.
I am trying therapy but I have already started compiling a list of extras I have on my 2012 in case I go to sell it.

Old 03-20-2024, 03:58 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 622 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by No Tyme
I hear ya... my next door neighbor has one. He has a friends posted on Facebook for sale but the one thing I enjoy about riding my bagger is leaning in curves. I road a few trikes in Dayton and not being able to lean was a stopper for me. Also there is a bunch of buttons on the left grip on the Can Am, I am leery about trying one. The Honda Gold Wing also has an automatic but they are too spacy like the Victory's for me.
I am trying therapy but I have already started compiling a list of extras I have on my 2012 in case I go to sell it.
Agreed...I much prefer the "leaning" of 2 wheels. I've rode a Spyder numerous times and that's what you have to get your head around...it corners flat. Once you come to peace with that, they handle great!
I'm staying on 2 wheels as long as I possibly can. All I'm saying is that when it's time, I will definitely go with 2 wheels out front as opposed to a traditional trike.

Good luck with the rehab...hoping it works for you. I've dealt with a wonky back for the last 15 years or so, so I know how it goes. I finally found something that has given me the "quality of life" back.

Old 03-22-2024, 02:29 PM
bigal51
Road Captain
Received 577 Likes on 242 Posts

I was having problems with my left hand pulling in my clutch lever. I tried acupuncture. It worked for me that was 3 years ago. No problems since

Old 03-23-2024, 12:11 PM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,125 Likes on 1,926 Posts

Agreed...I much prefer the "leaning" of 2 wheels. I've rode a Spyder numerous times and that's what you have to get your head around...it corners flat. Once you come to peace with that, they handle great!
I'm staying on 2 wheels as long as I possibly can. All I'm saying is that when it's time, I will definitely go with 2 wheels out front as opposed to a traditional trike.

Good luck with the rehab...hoping it works for you. I've dealt with a wonky back for the last 15 years or so, so I know how it goes. I finally found something that has given me the "quality of life" back.
Talk to anyone that went from a 2 to a 3 wheeler will tell you it is not the same, but if the day comes I can not manage a 2 wheeler will go to a trike or Spyder.

Old 03-23-2024, 01:47 PM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,516 Likes on 1,084 Posts

This 3-wheel upgrade let you lean the bike.

Old 03-23-2024, 02:36 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,995 Likes on 17,501 Posts

Day comes when I can't handle 2 wheels I'm done, nothing on those who chose to have them but I'm not doing the denial thing and my second childhood on a tricycle again. I've had a good run at it.

The following 3 users liked this post by TwiZted Biker:
Buelligan666 (03-23-2024), hattitude (03-25-2024), Highwaymans (03-23-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 02:47 PM
No Tyme
Tourer

My neighbor has one, and older model but still one that has the 1330 engine. I felt like I was setting way to upright and had trouble pulling my right leg back far enough to find the brake lever.
He did say the never machines are suppose to have more leg room, so I need to find one and actually sit on it. I also had problems pushing the paddle shifter with my thumb.

Old 03-23-2024, 02:48 PM
No Tyme
Tourer

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Day comes when I can't handle 2 wheels I'm done, nothing on those who chose to have them but I'm not doing the denial thing and my second childhood on a tricycle again. I've had a good run at it.
That I can understand... I am also looking at a Vanderhall, but they are no longer building gas power units... they are going electric which I am not interested in.

Old 03-24-2024, 09:56 AM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,125 Likes on 1,926 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
By dad eventually went to a trike his last few years of riding ( he rode one until he passed at 97 ) while he admitted was not the same as a two wheeler it kept him doing something he loved to do.
Am a firm believer in this,

The following 2 users liked this post by MRFREEZE57:
jaskoller (03-25-2024), No Tyme (03-24-2024)

Quick Reply: Help me stay on 2 wheels