Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Modulator Testimony!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:14 AM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 327 Likes on 221 Posts
Default RE: Headlight Modulator Testimony!!!

I also use the signal dynamic's version. Probably one of the single most important upgrades I have ever made. In an urban area,like where I live,there are too many cars and too many inattentive drivers. I used eastern beavers headlight relay kit, which came with the modulatorwired in.A brigher and modulating headlight is key to our safety. See my review here: https://www.hdforums.com/m_2213801/m...tm.htm#2213801

Old 09-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I chose the Kisan version because of the plug and play ease of installation. Literally only takes time to remove the front of the fairing and unplug the stock harness, plug it into the new adapter and the adapter into the headlight.

I swear by these... There is NO COMPARISON as to how much it grabs your attention. For safety I don't think you could add much of anything else that would compare (except ABS). For $100 this was the best investment I could add to the scoot.

I think Harley should have these installed when they come from the factory. Many lives would be saved IMHO.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:19 PM
The Old Man
Road Master

I have used on on my Suzuki for a year... (It will be one of my first istalls on my EGC when it comes, in 6.5 weeks, but whose counting right) them cages really give you a funny look as you drive by. I have even had some tell me that there is someting wrong with my liughts!!

Old 09-23-2007, 03:51 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

Had one for years on my Gold Wing and it does make a differance in being noticed. Have not installed one on the SG.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 09-23-2007, 04:24 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I've had the Kisan modulator installed for several years, first on my old RK and then transferred to this SG. Not one close call except one at night when it wasn't modulating, and I do think it makes a big difference by calling attention to my presence. With a 100w high-beam modulating, a cager would have to be blind not to see me. That said, I assume they're blind and plan accordingly. Don't take anything for granted.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:43 PM
HiTech
Advanced

Amen to that! I have had my modulator installed on my two spot lights, leaving my headlight on steady. IMO the two flashing spots get more attention.Never be pulled over by the police or troopers. Sometimes cagers pull off to the side of the road to let us pass!

Hi Tech

Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior

Amen to that! I have had my modulator installed on my two spot lights, leaving my headlight on steady. IMO the two flashing spots get more attention.Never be pulled over by the police or troopers. Sometimes cagers pull off to the side of the road to let us pass!

Hi Tech - that sounds interesting - flashing spots on low beam - Kisan???

So how do you do that - is it as easy as installing a P115-WS modulator on each side??? How will itwork on low beam???

Thx

Old 09-24-2007, 08:46 PM
HiTech
Advanced

To answer your question, I used the Signal Dynamic's version of the headlight modulator. I just wired the two spots to the flashing lead of the modulator. If you hit your highs, the spots will go off like normal. The unit also has the electric eye so the spots won't flash afer dark. Hope this helps......

HiTech 03 RKC

Old 09-30-2007, 09:02 AM
dchoran
Road Warrior

Combine new LIGHTS and a MODULATORand you've got a winning combo!!!

I had to see it for myselfyesterday - put the scoot on high beam - walked FIVE (5) blocks down the street - UFB - you gotta be BLIND not to see this.

SAFETY IS NUMBER ONE!!!

Old 09-30-2007, 09:36 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

makes a huge diff-first mod i do on a bike. alos running the spots and foglites with it.

Quick Reply: Headlight Modulator Testimony!!!