Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how many riding days left

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 08:19 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default how many riding days left

Well we're in Wyoming. Today we took a ride to Colorado's Poudre Canyon. About 40 mile south of here.The canyon is about 60 mile long.
Took a few pics including about 11 or 12 here. Will break up into a couple posts.
First pic is about 25 miles from canyon out on the flats. Hope you all enjoy. Temp got down to 35 degrees starts at about 5,000 feet tops out at over 10K. Enjoy the MOOSE on the side of the road.
We don't get the foilage East U.S. gets no maples or oaks. Just aspen and fir.
But since we ride year round up here the riding days never end.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:44 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: how many riding days left

rest of pics
250 mile ride.

hope you enjoyed the pics

Old 09-30-2007, 08:54 PM
sectime
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Nice Pics. I'm in Utah. There are times I could ride during winter, but to much road salt, most of the time. Couple of years ago drought was so bad I rode all of Jan. A bit hard on a transplanted Southern Calif guy.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 309 Likes on 181 Posts

Great shots... I can ride pretty much till around xmas give or take a bit and the days after that are numbered. Even in N.W. FL, it does get cold lol.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:38 PM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Here in NM, I can ride through most of Nov. It does get really cold at night, and since I ride to work and get off at 2am, I like to ride more on my days off. I don't really have any winter gear. Last year I used a old pair of jeans over my work slacks, as chaps.Might do the same this year, LOL. Also, I didn't have winter gloves until last Christmas, so I would wear two pair of summer gloves, LOL. Two bandanna around my face, and two around my neck, LOL. I froze my butt off, LOL. This year should be a little better. Got a face balaclava that has a thing that goes down further on my neck. And the gloves. Still going to be cold, though. Was thinking of swapping out the old jeans for a set of old overall, LOL. A little redneck, maybe, but "I ams what I ams." LOL

Old 10-01-2007, 12:14 AM
gpainter
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Papa, go ahead and spring for the chaps. You'll be amazed at how much better they work than cloth -- even thick layers of cloth. You should be able to find them all over NM.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:25 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

I think here in the Phoenix metro area we have about 365 riding days left until next October, and then we start all over again. We are now into our 7 to 8 months of great riding weather which makes up for 4 months of Hell.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:42 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: gpainter

Papa, go ahead and spring for the chaps. You'll be amazed at how much better they work than cloth -- even thick layers of cloth. You should be able to find them all over NM.
I am sure that is true, but, the Village People ruined the look of chaps for me. It's bad enough I wear fingerless gloves in the summer, I don't want to let anyone get the wrong impression as to my sexual orientation, LOL.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:43 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: oldfartjc

I think here in the Phoenix metro area we have about 365 riding days left until next October, and then we start all over again. We are now into our 7 to 8 months of great riding weather which makes up for 4 months of Hell.
No one likes a braggart. LOL

Old 10-01-2007, 12:50 AM
roadking1221
Intermediate

Beautiful pics. Here in the sunshine state we ride year round. Best trip I ever took was thru the Canadian Rockies in July. Lake Louise, Lake Lucerne, mountains, wildlife, highly recommend that ride to everyone.

Quick Reply: how many riding days left