Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supertrapp 2in1 supermeg

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: supertrapp 2in1 supermeg

Cardboard, each bike and combination is different.We have installed several of both. they are so close. The great thing about the e-series that the Trapps do not do is the torque. The e-series max torque is just after acceleration and stay for quite some time. I was invited to White Bros in '98 when they were just starting. They made dual high pipes and a 2-into-1 for our 883 falttrackers. The guy rolled them, welded and made a baffle right in front of us. Ver impresive. We we were sposored by Trapp at the time so we compared both. e-series won each time on their dyno. The charts posted for the XL's in the catalog when introduced were from our flattrackers.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:37 PM
adlerx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have aST/SM sitting in the box for my 08 RG, just haven't gotten around to installingit yet, weather pretty bad here so not riding....
That will change though

Old 12-07-2007, 02:48 AM
GlennsGlide
Cruiser

Hey Cardboard
Took the scoot for few test runs today to see how the supertrapps performed.
A) started with all the disks installed -18 ( to loud for me ) ran great.
B) reduced 2 x disks - 16 ( still to loud for me ) still ran great.
C) reduced 2 x disks - 14 ( getting better but a little to loud again ) ran the same as far as my seat dyno registered.
D) reduced 2 x disks - 12 ( sound right on the button for me, a nice low rumble when coasting along, and wakes up just a tad when you get on it.( hard to tell if there is much loss in performance ( maybe a little ).

Its taken a few exhaust changes to get what I want.
Stock system ( to quite didn't sound like a HD )
Stock headers with 96db staintune slip ons ( sounded to tinnie )
Bassani powercurve headers with the staintunes ( sounded like stereo and louder but still tinnie )
Bassani powercurve headers with D&D police interceptor slip ons ( great deep sound but way to loud especially when you get on it, barked really loudly, so much so it gave me a headache after 50 miles ) More importantly it gave the ball & chain a headache which was then transferred to me.And that my friend is a headache I don't need.
Next I modified my stock headers into a 2into1 system with the Police interceptor slip on. ( Nice deep note, still to loud )
And finally I installed yet another system, SUPERTRAPP COME ON DOWN and thats all she wrote.
The beauty of the S/Ts is you can change the sound level in 2 minutes with a battery drill to suit your preference at the time.
Just a sideline to my ITS TO LOUD whinging ,Way back in the beginning I made up a taller screen to give me more protection from the wind and today I found if I sat up 3" or so the reverberation which I was mistaking for loudness reduced substantially so I reinstalled the standard screen and Ill see tomorrow if that quitens thing down a little. ( previously owned Goldwings and having a tall screen didn't matter as they don't make any exhaust noise to speak off ).

Let me Know how things turn with your install and where the bloody hell can I buy a pair of those riding boots,

GlennsGlide

Old 12-07-2007, 03:53 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Supertrapp supermeg came in yesterday. Spent last nite taking the factory mufflers, heat shields and headder pipes off. Front oxygen sensor stripped out trying to remove it. Put everything on last nite till 12:30am this mornin. Got up at 6:00am and drove 50 miles to the harley dealer and got a new oxygen sensor for the front header pipe. Builder said to start out ith 12 disc so that's what I put in. The supertrapp sticks out the back real good. Took it for a run. It ran good, was a little quiet. Still have the factory intake air kit. Will haave to wait on Thundermax before I change it. Like the setup. The supertrapp with 12 disc runs about as good or lets say better then the Rush slip in pipes. The rush with 1 3/4" baffels sound meaner but it lot louder too.
Had to go and sleep for a hour to git rid of a headache from no sleep.

Going to the Hilltop Ice house tonite and drink a redneck budweiser and ea a burger to see how she runs. I've had her up to 90 on a short streach. Think I am going to keep the ST system. Kinda like it all ready. Wish I had dyno numbers for the way it sits.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 110 Posts

Installed Super Trapp Super Megs a few weeks ago and love 'em. Running 17 discs right now and bike is running great and I can hear the stereo again. Glad you like the pipes so far.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:35 AM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You running the closed plate at the end (or 1/4 inch hole in end plate)?

Old 12-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cardboard, order an open-end cap from SuperTrapp, they are about $35.00. Remove the outer closed end cap and take 6 discs off. Replace with the open end cap and reattach the screws (use the anti-seize included with the pipes on the threads). Enjoy!

Old 12-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Skinny Waters
Novice
Default RE: supertrapp 2 in1 supermeg

Question for Tatuaje, I have an 08 EGC with a dealer installed HD 103 stage II and am considering going to a SuperMeg 2-1 system. Do you have a fuel management system on your bike or was the existing HD map adequate?

Old 12-18-2009, 02:47 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

okay, i'm sold on the exhaust, now who has the best price on the system? i already have a buyer for the rinehart slip ons that i'm currently using. pm me please if you know who's got the best price. thanks.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
okay, i'm sold on the exhaust, now who has the best price on the system? i already have a buyer for the rinehart slip ons that i'm currently using. pm me please if you know who's got the best price. thanks.
Check American Classic Motors on Ebay. Make a low offer on a set and figure out what the sell-point is.

Quick Reply: supertrapp 2in1 supermeg