Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 12:43 PM
HDnutcase
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by conjurski
Any ideas for getting to the rear tire air connection without removing the bag or crawling all over the floor? I'd like to check the air pressure of my Road Glide more often but just don't want to deal with all the work of the rear tire.

A motorcycle lift is a "MUST HAVE". All your tasks become much easier.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:54 PM
StellaBlue14
Intermediate
Default Boom speaker plug

Anyone have a mod for the speaker connection to a boom speaker? I have an aftermarket amp and wires, but unless I use a needle nose and patience I'm not sure how to run it best. Or does HD sell a replacement plug end? (2 wires not rocket science)

Old 08-18-2014, 12:58 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I think you are changing speakers. If so just cut a pig tail off your existing speakers and use on your new speakers. You can get the end or plug at you hd shop. I make my own plugs using hd parts, they are low cost.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:41 PM
StellaBlue14
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
I think you are changing speakers. If so just cut a pig tail off your existing speakers and use on your new speakers. You can get the end or plug at you hd shop. I make my own plugs using hd parts, they are low cost.
thanks, i'll check HD for the end. i dont have the boom speaker wiring. i bought replacement speakers for speaker lids and bought the lids and grills from HD. so i dont have anything to cut off, but i'll check HD

IF ANYONE KNOWS THIS PART NUMBER PLEASE LIST IT FOR ME. THANKS

Old 08-22-2014, 03:56 PM
jadyer
Advanced

I don't know if this has been posted or not, However I figured its worth an ask. I am wanting to figure a new exhaust out for my king. I'm on stock pipes currently. I'm wondering if there is anything you can do for performance (flow) and sound. Also, I have thought about just custom making an exhaust. do any of you know what the specifications are of a good aftermarket exhaust (pipe diameter) and what the tip that goes into the head is? I have looked to see if there is a custom exhaust kit available that has the beginning end for the head as well as some pipe & O2 bung etc. If anyone has chopped their stock exhaust and messed with that or has built their own exhaust, I would love to talk to you and get some of the information to start mine. I think it would be a good winter project since i have to have down time anyways.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:27 PM
TeamMudd
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

as far as JUST the slip on part. you can cut the baffles out of the stock pipes to free up some flow and for a better sound. If you find a stock take off set from a Road Glide or a Street Glide, they have a larger exit diameter and a factory slash cut on them.

Road glide stock pipe on left, factory ultra classic on right.

road glide pipe exit.

ultra classic pipe exit

Old 08-25-2014, 11:58 AM
jadyer
Advanced

What did you use to cut them out?

Old 08-26-2014, 08:46 AM
TeamMudd
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

torch, but if you use one you have to be careful not to get it to hot where it will blue the chrome on the outside.

Old 08-28-2014, 05:38 PM
StellaBlue14
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jadyer
What did you use to cut them out?
3 inch metal hole saw

Old 08-29-2014, 01:15 PM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,682 Likes on 825 Posts
Default RoadKing windscreen mod. $0.00

Taking the bolts out of the windscreen, the horizontal section where you would normally bolt on an $89 accent strip, and turning them around so the chrome acorn nuts are on the outside. Will look killer.

Quick Reply: "DIY MODS" and TRICKS to SAVE $$$$$$