Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New S.E. Touring mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:06 AM
redclassic
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New S.E. Touring mufflers

ORIGINAL: Hogwallop

I bought the 64985-07A SEtouring mufflers and they arelouder than my stock mufflers. I'm not sure what the previous SE mufflers sounded like to compare it to the 07A ones. These are louderand deeper at idle and especially louder than stockwhen you get on the throttle too. The mufflers are no way as loud as aftermarket ones. If your looking for much louder than stock, then buy something else. I was wanting something louder than stock, but not obnoxiouly loud to cause a headache on longer rides. I also like the look of these 4 inch canson my bike. I've read from others that the packing will settle over time as nidan wrote here.
Sounds like what I am lookin for also, but would probably add the new breather and SERT or PC III, dunno yet. I like the idea of being able to return to stock.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:14 AM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

I have the SE one piece slips, I have had the baffles out, they do not have a wrapped baffle, they have a sound barier wrapping the interior of the muffler, the baffle is a pipe that the exhaust inters into the chamber (like a sound proof room) then exits thru the drilled
holes (i think ten 5/16 holes) and out the muffler... I have had thoughts of building a larger diameter baffle, but not sure it would change the tone... Better to just go with another type exhaust...

Old 12-16-2007, 10:18 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a set of 80491-07 (49 states)on an '08 FLHX and I think they sould great. Nice deep rumble. I'd say midway between stock and Rush 2.0.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:43 AM
BLUFLHX
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those pipes are 2db louder then stock and weigh 9.2 lbs a piece. just alttle better then stock

Old 12-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Fisherman 77
Intermediate

In response to Hogwallop,
The pervious year touring mufflers were as quiet as stock (before Harley richened up the sound on the Rk's in "07"). I too like the 4" cans. By the way, nice RK Custom...

Old 12-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Fisherman 77
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: BOARGAURD

Just slightly louder than stock and you will not notice running 70 mph, very tame.

They might get louder in time.

They also have a spcial security screw holding the baffle in. You can buy this tool at places like Northern.
Is the security screw an allenscrew with a small stud in the middle of the hole?

Old 12-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Roofuss96
Road Captain

I just removed a set of # 64985-07 S/E Touring Street Mufflers with Revolver end caps { less than 200 miles } in favor of a V/H true dual setup. These S/E mufflers are 1 or 2 notches louder than stock in my opinion but have a nice rumble under acceleration, and not too loud . I currently have these S/E mufflers / end caps for sale in the Motorcycle parts for sale section if anyones interested ? ........Roofuss96

[IMG]local://upfiles/39392/ADF63A3C93EA4AAEB006B93A3828E434.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Roofuss96
Road Captain

Zanotti H/D website says $315.88 {+ shipping} for # 64985-07A , just checked .

Old 12-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Hogwallop
Tourer

ORIGINAL: redclassic

ORIGINAL: Hogwallop

I bought the 64985-07A SEtouring mufflers and they arelouder than my stock mufflers. I'm not sure what the previous SE mufflers sounded like to compare it to the 07A ones. These are louderand deeper at idle and especially louder than stockwhen you get on the throttle too. The mufflers are no way as loud as aftermarket ones. If your looking for much louder than stock, then buy something else. I was wanting something louder than stock, but not obnoxiouly loud to cause a headache on longer rides. I also like the look of these 4 inch canson my bike. I've read from others that the packing will settle over time as nidan wrote here.
Sounds like what I am lookin for also, but would probably add the new breather and SERT or PC III, dunno yet. I like the idea of being able to return to stock.
I elected to keep my Harley.........all OEM Harley. I went with the SE air cleaner and SERT when I added the mufflers. Originally considered a Rinehart True Dual system. Didn't want the low end torque loss with true duals and I didn't want to spend the extra money on headers. The stock header cross over pipe keeps the necessary back pressure whichhelps on the low end torque. Added 5 lbs of torque and 5 more horses with the Stage 1 setup.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Hogwallop
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Fisherman 77

In response to Hogwallop,
The pervious year touring mufflers were as quiet as stock (before Harley richened up the sound on the Rk's in "07"). I too like the 4" cans. By the way, nice RK Custom...
Thanks Fisherman 77........I really like the looks and performance of this bike too.

Quick Reply: New S.E. Touring mufflers