Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing Lowers

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 12:41 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Fairing Lowers

I like the look of lowers on any of the touring bikes. Gives them this mean, aggressive look, to me. I will be buying some for my rk custom, once I can save the money up. www.hoggchopps.com sells some painted in factory colors, and they are cheaper than the HD ones. They do not have glove boxes, yet, but I emailed the owner who told me that he will have them available at the first of the year.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:35 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Personally I don't think the lowers look out of place on a Street Glide at all. The SG is a Touring bike which like all the others are based on a Road King platform. After I bought my Ultra I decided to invest in a docking kit tobe able to quickly remove/replace myTourPack. I have never taken the lowers off however. I think the bike looks good with them on and I preferprotection from the wind. On cool day or night ride you'll be thankful you have those lowers.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:38 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Noticed you posted another thread about your "next Upgrade". So...did you end up buying the lowers? If so, what are your thoughts/impressions. Post up a pick when you do.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
07blackcherryflhx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I order them from the stealer today. I went in to a local dealership,(who wasen't running any sale), and told him what I was looking for and that I wasen't going to spend any more than 80% of retail, since chicago harley is 20% off and they matched it. I spend close to $1750 initally and it brought me down to the high $1400's. I will post a pic when they get on but just a warning they won't be on until like late march or early april here in WI there is a chance for show in July still! I will post a pic with all the upgrades when they get done.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:16 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will go very well

Old 12-18-2007, 08:30 AM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cool. Good Deal! Living in WI, I'm betting big money you will like them.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I have a couple of pics in my gallery without the tour pack.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:21 AM
cwilks
Banned

The lowers were probably one of the best add-ons I did.......they extend your riding window and keep you comfortably temp wise. I went to the Dragon in Sept. temps were cool (especially in the mountains) I rode with a hooded sweatshirt most of the time while a buddy on a SG without lowers was riding with chaps and a leather jacket. The gloveboxes are highly overated (IMO)since they don't really hold much...I turned em into speaker boxes....much better . They're easy to remove and worth the price of admission IMO.

Check my gallery for pics

Old 12-18-2007, 10:38 AM
07blackcherryflhx
Road Captain

I think the gloves boxes are perfect for storing items such as a garage door opener, glasses, cell phone, ipod, cleaning cloth, hat, etc. They are convient so that the saddle bags don't have to be utlized for such small and sometimes fragile items.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:01 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master

I added the soft lowers (Elephant Ears) right after buying the bike because I was out ofcash and it get's cold in Michigan. If you only have a few bucks to spend the soft lowers work.

Quick Reply: Fairing Lowers