Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander 2008 Touring

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 10:22 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power Commander 2008 Touring

Thanks cigarcritic I am interested in this package too, but was wondering about the install with my bike with ABS when I saw the pdf for th 08 install on dynojets web site. Any way you could share what they sent you for the ABS install? Thanks!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:47 PM
cegusa
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CigarCritic, I like your self have been looking at the fitment for an ABS model and talking to Jamie.He forwarded the instructions to me earlier this evening and it does look like a tight fit. How does the PC fit in relationaship to the seat once it's wire tied in place. I have not ordered it yet but was planning on doing so in the AM. I may wait a bit to see how you make out. By chance, do you have handy, or can you supply the measurements of the unit. I was curious about potentially being able to affix the unit somehow to the side of the ABS module under the right side cover as an option. I'm on the fence about putting the wiring and harnesses under stress as their current instructions seem to do. On an 02 Fatboy I had, the PC unit fit under the seat but had just enough clearance to work without putting things in a bind or risking having any of the control buttons pushed accidently.

Thanks...

Thanks and good luck with your fitting

Old 01-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Billiam92407
Tourer

Congratulations.

I'm just jealous. I wanted to be the first one on the block! I have my PCIII but haven't had time to drop it by my indy. He is looking forward to it more than me.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:57 PM
GADawgs
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the decel popping on mine. The bike does not do it all the time but more so when the tamperture changes. I think I like it!

Old 01-04-2008, 12:12 AM
DZLDR
Road Warrior

This is the set up I am wanting for my 08, PCIII, V&H Ovals, K&N AF,but now I am concerned about the decel popping. I am wondering if the closed throttle seting may be off a little. Please let us know what you find out from Jamie.
ORIGINAL: CigarCritic

ORIGINAL: JonnyD

This concerns me. I have ABS on my bike, and was seriously considering this package. And the decel popping is a big turn off! Keep us informed as to the progress.
The first thing I'm going to do is get rid of these V&H Ovals, they are too LOUD!!!, but damn purdy. Maybe Rush and most likey SE Touring. I'm sure I'll have an answer by tomorrow on the popping.
[/align]

Old 01-04-2008, 12:52 AM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bikerbehaviorist

Thanks cigarcritic I am interested in this package too, but was wondering about the install with my bike with ABS when I saw the pdf for th 08 install on dynojets web site. Any way you could share what they sent you for the ABS install? Thanks!
PM Sent.
[/align]

Old 01-04-2008, 01:09 AM
CigarCritic
Road Master

ORIGINAL: cegusa

CigarCritic, I like your self have been looking at the fitment for an ABS model and talking to Jamie.He forwarded the instructions to me earlier this evening and it does look like a tight fit. How does the PC fit in relationaship to the seat once it's wire tied in place. I have not ordered it yet but was planning on doing so in the AM. I may wait a bit to see how you make out. By chance, do you have handy, or can you supply the measurements of the unit. I was curious about potentially being able to affix the unit somehow to the side of the ABS module under the right side cover as an option. I'm on the fence about putting the wiring and harnesses under stress as their current instructions seem to do. On an 02 Fatboy I had, the PC unit fit under the seat but had just enough clearance to work without putting things in a bind or risking having any of the control buttons pushed accidently.

Thanks...

Thanks and good luck with your fitting
The PC fits under the seat without issue and the ECM happens to have two available holes so I zip-tied it to the frame to stabilized the tray after I cut it. The tray is very stable and besides there was only one screw that held in in place to begin with. I mounted my PC just behind the ECM and not where they are showing in the instructions.

There is no chance of mounting the PC in the right cover, it's completely full with the ABS unit.

Looking at their instructions and images again, I'd wager that some of you will not have the issue I had as their wiring looks wide open compared to my application. I would imagine that these wiring harnesses are hand made and each one will be slightly different when bound together.
[/align]

Old 01-04-2008, 01:21 AM
CigarCritic
Road Master

ORIGINAL: DZLDR

This is the set up I am wanting for my 08, PCIII, V&H Ovals, K&N AF,but now I am concerned about the decel popping. I am wondering if the closed throttle seting may be off a little. Please let us know what you find out from Jamie.
The closed/open throttle is set correctly I believe but I'm going to reset it again after the neighbors go to work. I'm also going to check the exhaust fittings in the morning to make sure I do not have any leaks. If I can get rid of the popping, FuelMoto and Dynojet have a big winner here as the bike is a screamer as it sits right now.
[/align]

Old 01-05-2008, 12:58 AM
socalmoe
Tourer

Bump!!
I talked to Jamie to get a quote on a package, not sure I want to go thru s much f++n aound on a new bike. Messing with wire harness can be trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!
ORIGINAL: JonnyD

This concerns me. I have ABS on my bike, and was seriously considering this package. And the decel popping is a big turn off! Keep us informed as to the progress.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:39 AM
CigarCritic
Road Master

I took off the V&H Ovals today and installed a set of Rush pipes w/tips and 2" baffles. Then ordered the custom baffles from FuelMoto. As you guys know I think the Ovals are too loud for highway use.

Got the custom map from Jamie for his custom baffles and the "seat of the pants test" is no where near as strong as it was with the Ovals and its mapping. The Oval mapping had some seriously long torque where as the Rush mapping is short lived at the top end and dies on the highway. I'll see what happens when the custom baffles arrive but I don't think they are going to offer much more, but I could be wrong. I notice tonight that Rush offers a "Race Series" which is the same setup that Jamie offers but different packing material and baffles, a 1.75 on the left and a 2.0 or 2.25 on the right. Jamie told me that his custom baffles are very quiet on the highway but sound great around town.

As far as sound, the Ovals win hands down. The Russ pipes sound very good but they are a bit hollow and they don't bark very well when you throttle down as the Ovals do. They are not much louder than stock, imo. Also, the quality of the Rush pipes are pretty poor compared to V&H standards but the Rush billet tips are of superior quality and they should be at ~$70 each!! The Ovals sound throaty and BARK when you want them too. Since I can't have the best of both worlds, I'll stick with the Rush pipes as they offer much better highway cruise sound that is more than pleasant on the ears and decent around town. I do have decel popping with the Rush pipes but a lot less than the Ovals had and to be fair, the map I'm using is for a 1.75 and 2.0 custom baffle setup.

Overall, V&H Ovals fit, look, sound better and are stronger, but the loudness and deceleration popping is something I don't want to deal with. It V&H made a quieter Oval, I'd jump on another set. I'll report back after I install the custom baffles from Jamie and work out the map a little better. If needed, I have the bike dyno'd but I'm going to be pretty pissed at FuelMoto If I have to do that as they sure as hell market they have the best mapping out there. If I have to pay for a dyno I will be at the cost of what I wanted in the first place, a SERT.[/align] [/align] [/align]

Quick Reply: Power Commander 2008 Touring