Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adding fairing to 06 road king classic

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 06:41 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: adding fairing to 06 road king classic

Ram

Actually there are 1" 15 degree tweeters in the 5 1/4 inch speakers on the outside. Thats why the cross over units on top of the stereo retaining bar. As for the brackets I have already placed 2 small modified L brackets on the OEM brackets that many have shown as broken. A couple of other mods I made were, the Clarion M475 Marine Stereo that came on the fairing, is Cnet capatible for IPODs so I purchased the direct IPOD unit, so to be able to charge and control from the head unit. The stereo face was not to my liking, so I just purchased a pyle retractable 1 din WP cover. It should dress up where the head unit is, and hide it from on lookers. Not that a real theif would have any issue figuring out how to remove the face.

I,m not sure, I would have wanted to take on this project from scratch, but most all of the componants were installed when I puchased it. Best part was saving nearly 1K on the deal.

Thank you for the compliments, I have admired your ride as well, and your input on RK fairings when I was doing my research.

Frank

Old 01-28-2008, 06:57 PM
floridamk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ctmedic, Looks great!

Old 01-28-2008, 07:17 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I went with Dead Center simply because I can lock it to the bike and when the bars are locked you cannot access the fairing lock. Seemed a good idea aftea after spending a lot on the fairing and thinking someone could walk off with it in less than a minute. I had it painted but I have heard their painters do an excellent job and the audio system is first rate. The company customer serviceistop shelf and I can tell you where you can buy it from a Dead Center dealer for 20% off if you'tr interested. All Harley accessories including windshields, trim, bras etc will fit this fairing. I got about $1600 in the fairing w/ paint and audio

Old 01-28-2008, 08:03 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 637 Likes on 508 Posts

i put about 2 grand into my 05 classic then started looking at faings wife changed my mind when she said lets just get an ultra
couldnt be happier

Old 01-28-2008, 08:18 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain

I may eventually buy an ultra, but right now i,m really lovin, modifying my RK. I am not a fan of tourpacks, and I ride solo about 70% of time (Wife decided 2 years ago, it was more fun riding her own) When we do ride 2 up and take longer trips, I pop on the passanger pillion, backrest andI have a great riggs pak, that holds 3 days worth of clothing for 2. Plus I really love the classic bags, and classic wide white walls.

Frank

Old 02-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Cruise
Advanced

ORIGINAL: etrader

Click away, endless choices!
Dragonfly
Hoppe
Dead Center
eBAY
Corbin
Thank you so much for those choices links. I have been considering this addition myself and I'm getting close to making it happen. After seeing the Dragonfly, I believe it is the most worthy aftermarket in style for me, but not cheap. But I hope to save enough to buy it soon. I truly appreciate everyones input on this site. Thanks again

Old 02-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Superglide 04
Tourer

I'm also researching this. One member sent me this link http://firebagger.com/QuickDetachableFairing.html but I think I'll be going with dead center I emailed them with a few questions and got a quick response, $2249 fully Equiped and painted.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Cruise
Advanced

Thank you too, Superglide and guys. That looks like a great choice also. There are so many choices and it makes it hard to decide. I really appreciate the link.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:48 PM
TT4ROADKING
Stage I

Know anyone who has a purchase a Fire-bagger fairing, they seems to have the best price

Old 02-11-2008, 06:48 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain

TT
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2847849/tm.htm

here is the thread with the guy who has the firebagger fairing. haggor the horrible. scan down the thread and you will see the pics of his before paitn and stereo. I almost went with it, but ended up with a great deal on a UC Fairing, that already had the stereo and speakers in it.

good luck

Frank

Quick Reply: adding fairing to 06 road king classic