Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torx sizes used on touring bikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:47 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Torx sizes used on touring bikes

credit card and cell phone, im thinking a tire plug kit and a small compressor might be good to have along,they dont take up much room and i'll probally need them when the phone has no service,lol

Old 02-26-2008, 07:36 PM
slankard
Cruiser

Don't forget cresent wrenches (the all american fit all). They fit any nut or bolt American or metric!

Old 02-26-2008, 08:07 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 637 Likes on 508 Posts

duct tape coat hanger wire cutters(for the coat hanger)and most important of all vise grips
2 pair one big one small

Old 02-26-2008, 08:08 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 637 Likes on 508 Posts

the t27 seems to be missing from a lot ofsets

Old 02-26-2008, 09:50 PM
SkipB
Cruiser

Those are good lists above. I also carry spare fuses, fuse puller, a few asst'd. crimp fittings, electrical tape, 2 extra bulbs, shop rags. Put it all in a Hefty OneZip bag and leave it on the bike.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:43 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For those that say the only tools they need are their ins cards and a phone how slick would you feel calling for help for something as simple as a loose shift peg or foot board. I would not like to look like a tool because im too lazy to carry one.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:22 AM
FLHXn
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

haha,, carry the tool or look like a tool.. That's funny. Mine came with a basic set, but it's pretty cheap... I'm gonna but some tools from sears and pack them away in the bag,,, Especially the t27! Don't use t25, you'll probably strip it!

Old 02-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Joe Mark
Tourer

Any room left for jeans, underwear, tooth brush etc.

Just being a smart a$$, I broke down in Lolo pass in the early 90s, had the (limited) kit that came with the bike and a few (wrong) extras. I'm not even gonna admit what went wrong, but 8 hours to get a tow truck, 4 hours of waiting at the dealership in Missoula and 15, yes 15 minutes, of service and down the road I go. Top all that off, I was HOURS behind schedule and headed in the dark and raintoBillings. Not one single room available, anywhere. This one I'm still not laughing about, it was one of the worst nights I ever had. Now I dang near need a bushtec trailer to pull behind me to hold all the crap I seem to think I need, JUST IN CASE!

Old 02-27-2008, 01:14 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: peppi

ORIGINAL: captjon37

I get rid of every torx i remove for a allen head. To many people stripping out torx heads.
Too many people using the wrong size torx wrench . I've never had a problem with one yet using the T27 and not the T25 like some do.
Thats not the problem in most cases. The ones i have talked to used the right size but still stripped the head. I did not say it's going to happen to everyone but it will not happen to me. The torx is weak and i don't feel like drilling them out besides i want to get rid of all the black torx heads for some stainless.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:20 AM
bear95
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Thirdup

From my experience, the first four torx on the primary inspection cover are T27.

The fifth one was a size "grinder, chisel, hammer, cutting tourch, and some form of sheetrock repair to nearest wall".
+1

The first one will be the "grinder, chisel, hammer, cutting tourch, and some form of sheetrock repair to nearest wall" if you don't have a T27.......don't ask me how Iknow.

Quick Reply: Torx sizes used on touring bikes