Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush/Fuel Moto Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:10 AM
dragonx
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rush/Fuel Moto Questions

Hi All
I just got done installing my Rush/Fuel Moto package and taking it for a 50 mile shakedown. The bike ran fine and had just a little gargleing on decel. Here is my question I have not set the throttle position yet so this may be my problem. But the bike seems very flat at high RPM it seems to have pretty good pickup at normal speeds but it just does not seem to want to rev out. I tried a high speed pass yesterday and 90 mph was about it it just didn't seem to want to go any faster than that. I am thinking it is because the throttle isn't calibrated yet what do you all think? I will be calling Jamie this afternoon to ask what he thinks. Now I just need to find a lap top to use. Anyone have good directions on how to set the throttle for a 2008 fly by wire, I am a little unsure on the process.

Thanks
Phil

Old 03-18-2008, 03:06 PM
vette
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Rush/Fuel Moto Questions

I don't think u have to set the throttle on 08 fly by wire. I'd like to hear what Jamie says.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:34 PM
RayClay
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have that set-up and have not even hooked the bike to the computer. Rolling at ~80mph, I get a pretty good response and pretty aggressive acceleration when I twist it. But I pretty much let off and am back to cruising by the time I'mhit 90mph and then ease back to 80ish. 80ish is my bike's comfort zonein 6th.Maybe I'll get to cruising at 90ish and see what happens when I hit it next ride or 2 and then report back. How was your response getting on it from 80?

Old 03-18-2008, 03:38 PM
n.o.yat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the same set up , and jamie told me that the throttle position did not need to be set. so far i have no problems other than getting used to the what i think is low fuel milage.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:04 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed the same kit on my '08 Road King. I love it! She sounds great and the performance increase is obvious! Even though Jamie said the throttle did not need to be set, I checked it anyways and the "zero" position was a little off, so I adjusted it. If you have a laptop, read the tutorial. It is very basic, and will take you about thirty seconds to do after the bike is nice and warmed up.